Forum Testing Signup - Adams a12 OS Irons

1. What irons do you currently play?
Taylormade R9

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Steel stiff KBS FST 90

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons?
I feel they have been the key to lowering handicaps throughout the game. I struggle with my iron game more than anything else and having a club that gives confidence and is easy to use really makes a difference when trying to lower your scores. The look and feel of oversized irons today allow even low single digit handicaps to even benefit from their performance as opposed to playing with shovels like in the past.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?

I plan on testing the irons club for club with my Burner irons for forgiveness and then against my R9 for feel so I have a wide spectrum of feedback. I will not characteristics such as feel, spin imparted, accuracy and overall distance compared to what I currently game. The biggest area of interest for me is noting distance on mishits as I probably lose more shots to mishits of my irons than anything else. All of these tests will be documented in the forums and through facebook as requested with a weekly updates on my progress. I will use my g.i.r. as a measuring stick of improvement throughout. I have been involved in testing of the Taylormade Penta's at THP before their initial release and I have wrote several reviews on clubs that I own from my Scotty Cameron putter, to the driver shaft I just installed in my R9 460. I've been a member at THP for over 2 years.

Thanks for the vid, JB. I'm excited to see some in-hand pics or even take my own!

Josh and Morgan....this is an awesome new video idea. I love how people get a glimpse of the boxes. It makes the signup that much more real.

I love the videos! How about just a glimpse of the irons? Pretty please.

I hate that I can't see the videos at work, makes it an even bigger tease with all of the comments following.

Awesome - already in hand at THP HQ's!! Some lucky testers will have them in their hands very soon and feedback will start flowing in!!

I currently play Callaway X-Prototype Irons

The shafts I currently use are Project X flighted 6.0 flex steel shafts

I've never been much of a fan of oversized irons, but it has been a while since I hit any. I am, however, a fan of anything that improves my game. It has probably been 6 or 7 years since I hit oversized irons, so I'm sure they have changed some since I last hit them.

I will be able to test these out on almost a daily basis. I am on the golf course at least 5 days a week either hitting range balls or actually playing a round of golf. I will be able to test these in every aspect of the game from full shots, half shots, punch shots, etc. After every round, I will post updates to the testing thread on THP. I will post likes, dislikes, and just my overall opinion of the clubs.

Wow great video! So much teasing...

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Once again, another great opportunity for testing and reviewing! Thanks to THP & Adams Golf for giving us THP'ers this opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play the TaylorMade Burner 2.0s.
2. What is your handicap index? 10.3
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?In the 2.0s I am playing the stock Burner shafts. Metal, stiff flex.
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? For the past 3 years, I have been playing the Nike Slingshot HL Irons/Hybrid set. Set included a 6-PW, and 3,4,5 hybrid. At the time of getting these sets, I thought hybrids were something I would benefit from, but quickly found out that they Nike Hybrids were not my thing. I will usually select to hit a long iron over a hybrid/fairway wood, as I feel that I have more control of my game when doing so. As far as the oversized irosn go, the Slingshots were great, extremely forgiving, and felt great in hand. About a month ago, with my game improving and after much pndering, I moved on from the iron/hybrid combo set to my current 2.0s
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?This is the fun part, everyone loves a testing plan. The best way to test them is to put them in play and see how they work for your game. I play 2 full rounds a week, 1 night of 9 hole league, and spend plenty of time on the driving range. As far as activity level on THP, I'm here on daily/nightly basis, throwing in my .02 as often as I can.

Once again, a big Thanks to THP and Adams Golf for giving the forum this opportunity! Looking forward to see who is selected, and seeing how this set does out on the course!

Wow awesome teaser. I am super excited to see who gets picked and I know whoever the 8 are will do a phenomenal job.

Many thanks to :thp: and :adams: for another great testing opportunity. This could not come at a better time for my game. I would be completely stoked to get a shot at giving these a thorough and detailed evaluation for the benefit of THP readers.

For the past 8 years, I have been playing the Mizuno MP-30 irons. I got these irons back in the days when I was flirting with a single-digit handicap. While I love them dearly, and generally hit them well, I am coming to the realization that they may not be the best sticks for my current game. I am anxious to try out some new technology.

19 (OOB).

Steel: Stiff (TrueTemper DG S300)

While I honestly prefer a traditional head shape with a smaller top-line, my scorecard says I need all the help I can get. Come to think of it, my first set of irons were oversized and I actually shot my personal best round (78) with them...hmmm.

I did try out some of the SGI Irons from Callaway and Ping a few years ago, but never found anything I liked better than my current irons. I know that iron technology has improved greatly in recent years and the new clubs are longer and straighter than ever.

If selected, I would provide a comprehensive appraisal of these clubs including photos, video, detailed write-ups of both range sessions and rounds, and (hopefully) launch-monitor/simulator data. Currently, I am playing 1-2 rounds per week and going to the range 2-3 times per week. However, there are probably only about 6-8 weeks remaining in the golf season here in Vermont. Once the courses close, I am planning on playing at an indoor facility at least once weekly to keep my game from getting as rusty as it did during the last off-season. This, I feel, would give me a unique testing opportunity. I could pit this iron set against my current clubs (and probably other demo clubs) on a simulator, shot-for-shot.

I am new here on THP, but have gleaned a tremendous amount of information from the website/forums in just a few weeks. I sign in here several times a day to read the latest and contribute when appropriate. It would be a tremendous honor to give back to the community in a meaningful way. Thanks again for the opportunity to be considered and good luck to all those signing up.

1. What irons do you currently play? I play Nike Slingshot OSS irons.

2. What is your handicap index? My estimated handicap is 22.

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? They are steel stiff, True Temper shafts.

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I have played oversized irons before. I have a set of Ping Zings, so I am quite comfortable with looking down at different looking irons. I have no problem with them.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I work part-time at a golf course. I get to play for free whenever I have the time. I presently play 2-3 times a week. They also have a driving range where I can test and compare different irons against each other. I am currently trying to find a new set of irons as my Nikes are 5-6 years old. I would test each iron against 3-5 different irons such as my Ping Zings, my Callaway VFTs, my 845s and the demo clubs at the range to find similarities and differences good and bad. I will also compare shots on the course other clubs. I will be able to spend bunker time with the wedges. I love my Nike SW, so it will take an excellent SW to knock it out of my bag.

I am on THP every day. I contribute when I feel I have something to add to a discussion. I didn't used to post as much in past, but in the last year have upped my contributions considerably.

Another great opportunity for fourm members to have a chance to test equipment! This is one of the unique opportunities where it is pre-release. Exciting stuff.

Taylormade R11

KBS 130 X Tour Steel

Never played them and generally thought I would lose some feel and control by going with an oversized iron

I'm a lifer on THP. Been here for two years and no plans on leaving anytime soon. I'll provide feedback in the way of posts, photographs and videos. I'll provide interaction by way of help, suggestions and answering questions. I'll also provide updates and links via social media.

Thank you THP and Adams for realizing the benefits of having amateurs test and provide unbiased feedback to the masses. Thank you so much for the this amazing opportunity!

Good luck to who ever gets picked as testers.

What an awesome opportunity!! I was doing a search for A12OS and it lead me to THP. I've already read several of the forum posts and look forward to learning more about the entire site.

1. What irons do you currently play? cobra s9 2008 4-GW
2. What is your handicap index? 14.8
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? graphite design ys 55g regular flex
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? the technology today allows forgiveness without seeming bulky
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I recently bought one of those FLIP cameras so I can't wait to use it on the course for testing (and shooting video of my 7-year old son, best golfer in the family!). Even though I'm a newbie I've been reading up on these "testing" threads to become familiar with board rules/suggestions. The stickied "example" thread from golfergal was really helpful. I've already got a course picked out that would allow me to hit every club in this iron set. I'd also like to compare the distances of each club with my current irons at a range and provide that feedback via twitter.

Last edited:
fantastic opportunity.

fantastic opportunity.

A fantastic opportunity. I play a70s now and it would be a priveledge to test these new clubs. I am a 28 hdcp.

Another fantastic opportunity !! Thanks THP and Adams !

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner 2.0

2. What is your handicap index? 3.2 ghin

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Burner 2.0 SuperFast 85 Stiff

4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I've never played them, but would love to give them a try. I'm not too cool to try an OS iron. :D

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play at least twice a week and would post pictures and reviews after every round or range session. With almost 2200 posts in the forums and testing both the Greensaver tool and the iCaddi towel, I feel I am very active on THP.

Last edited:
I'm excited about these irons as I think the design concept is a great one and I'm looking forward to following the long term comments and test results. I'm not tossing my hat in the ring because I don't believe I can give the proper amount of time and support to the ongoing testing to represent these clubs properly - particularly with facebook and twitter. Good luck to the eventual testers and have fun. Thanks to Adams Golf and THP for bringing these clubs into the hands of everyday hackers.

A fantastic opportunity. I play a70s now and it would be a priveledge to test these new clubs. I am a 28 hdcp.

May want to read the 1st post again.

Pretty cool opportunity and hope I get picked but good luck to all the testers whoever gets chosen.

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Ignite 3H-9I (Lost my PW)
2. What is your handicap index? 22.6 OOB
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graphite, Regular Flex, UST Mamiya (Stock)
4. What are your thoughts on oversized irons? I was actually looking at replacing my current irons with a set of Adams A7OS irons because of the larger head and increased sweet spot. I am a high capper and tend to mishit my irons and feel the increased head size would be beneficial to someone like me to provide better misses and a more satisfying overall playing experience.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I plan to test these clubs three times a week at the driving range which is less than two miles from my house. Additionally, I plan on playing once a week and, with the summer now over, have a better opportunity to get out to the course twice or three times a week instead. There are three golf courses within 1.5 miles from my office and I regularly look to get out for either a range session or nine holes after work. The summer made it difficult to keep regular activity on THP because I was doing a bit of travel for work. Once again though, now that the summer is over, the travel activity has subsided and I can now get back to being a more active member on the forum. Prior to all the summer work travel, I was on THP three times a day or more and repeatedly posted through several threads when I felt I could add value to the discussion. I was recently picked several months ago to be a tester for Vision Golf Balls and received personal thanks from the owner/vendor due to my feedback in that test thread. Unfortunately, I was unable to post more than I would've liked then since I lost my test pack of balls relatively quickly.

I'm really digging the entries coming in! This is going to be another fantastic round of testing.

What a great testing opportunity from THP and Adams golf

I play Adams A3OS
I do not have an official index but its right around 15
2H-5H ProLaunch Platinum Stiff (Graphite), 6-PW True Temper Performance Lite Stiff (Steel)
I currently use OS irons and am not opposed to them. I think any iron that helps better your game is something to tryout.
I play 1-2 rounds per week and usually 2-3 days at the practice ranges as I drive past 2 on the way home from work everyday. I have a Kodak Playsport to take video and pictures with and would post those up along with my reviews. I would give my honest opinion during this testing and do my best to answer any questions that others would ask. I try to be active on a daily basis and help out others as I can.

Back