Fujikura Ventus TR

Had a few range sessions with the shaft (6x). Have it paired with a callaway epic speed triple diamond. I think the one word that sticks out so far is SOLID. It is very very stable at the bottom of the swing and produces a wonderful feel on good strikes. Miss hits have been a little harsh (could be that this shaft is on the stiff end for me). I have a feeling my dispersion is going to be improved with this combo so I am pretty Excited to get it out on the course soon.

Played the new Ventus TR 6X yesterday. Overall opinion on this is still out - not sure if it's the right shaft for me. I swung a ventus black last year and I can definitely tell that this is a higher ball flight than the black and the tip end feels loose and whippy to me - that could be that I'm used to something else right now. I'll be trying it out for the next few rounds to see if it's right and compare it to some otherr shafts. It's got potential though. Just might not be for me.

Played the new Ventus TR 6X yesterday. Overall opinion on this is still out - not sure if it's the right shaft for me. I swung a ventus black last year and I can definitely tell that this is a higher ball flight than the black and the tip end feels loose and whippy to me - that could be that I'm used to something else right now. I'll be trying it out for the next few rounds to see if it's right and compare it to some otherr shafts. It's got potential though. Just might not be for me.

i played this shaft yesterday as well. It was working really well for me. I have mine tipped some so I am not feeling the same whippy feeling.

i played this shaft yesterday as well. It was working really well for me. I have mine tipped some so I am not feeling the same whippy feeling.
How much do you have it tipped?

What length does it play after tipping 1.5?

i was feeling little froggy on the range today and decided to see what i could do with the tsi2 ventus tr combo. the numbers i saw today are among some of the best driver numbers i've ever seen, and the flight was high, long and insanely straight. all these numbers were taken with gc3. these are average over 10 shots, and i might have thrown away 3 or 4 but honestly those were still really good too.

club 102.9
ball 151.4
smash 1.47
aoa +5.56
path +2.70
launch 14.2
spin 2,346
carry 262.1

i wanted to get to 105 club speed and did, but it was a bottom strike that spun up to 3,800 so didn't carry as far as it could have. highest carry was 271 on 103 club with 152 ball. highest ball speed was 154. these are stupid good numbers for me. STUPID good.

im starting to lose faith in this shaft. To get the obvious out of the way, im sure my swing is to blame as well

when I first got this shaft it was automatic for me. Ive never hit any club out of the center so consistently as I did with the TR. Dispersion was great, ball speed was up, swing speed was up. Everything was perfect. Over the last 2 weeks for whatever reason I cant hit this for the life of me. Im making contact everywhere but center right now

on saturday I hit a couple different heads at the store with multiple shafts. Each one was more consistent and farther than my custom fit Stealth+ Ventus TR. The odd thing is I have this in my 300 mini driver and it works just fine in there

I initially loved this shaft bc it felt very stable and the perfect blend of Black and Blue. Lately im noticing an increased load and kick. Maybe my backswing is longer or im pulling down the shaft on the downswing but something feels off. I was able to time a Ventus Black 7x much easier than the TR 6x

i bought a regular flex 6 and put it in play today. it needs a different grip, but it was seriously impressive. a higher ball flight than the stiff flex, and it just felt much better suited for my timing. so i’m rolling with the regular flex for now. might even seek out a 7R for the fairway wood.

i bought a regular flex 6 and put it in play today. it needs a different grip, but it was seriously impressive. a higher ball flight than the stiff flex, and it just felt much better suited for my timing. so i’m rolling with the regular flex for now. might even seek out a 7R for the fairway wood.

If you don't mind, what is your average swing speed and carry distance?

If you don't mind, what is your average swing speed and carry distance?

average is right around 100. if i swing it perfectly (for me) i can get up to 105.

carry probably averages at 240. my best pushes carry 270 per my gc3.

average is right around 100. if i swing it perfectly (for me) i can get up to 105.

carry probably averages at 240. my best pushes carry 270 per my gc3.

Thanks. I've tried the Ventus blue non-velocore and liked the feel. In my current Rogue ST Max LS driver, I have a Tensei AV White 65S. I average around 98-105 clubhead speed with a smooth tempo and carry about 240-250. I am hitting the Tensei great at S-flex and just ordered the Ventus TR in 6R. Similar weight profile and given that it's between the blue and black, it seems like the 6R should feel similar to the Ventus blue or my Tensei without being too stout.

I find shaft flex has little effect on my trajectory, clubhead speed, distance, and spin. The weight, balance point, and overall swing weight matter more to me.

Thanks. I've tried the Ventus blue non-velocore and liked the feel. In my current Rogue ST Max LS driver, I have a Tensei AV White 65S. I average around 98-105 clubhead speed with a smooth tempo and carry about 240-250. I am hitting the Tensei great at S-flex and just ordered the Ventus TR in 6R. Similar weight profile and given that it's between the blue and black, it seems like the 6R should feel similar to the Ventus blue or my Tensei without being too stout.

I find shaft flex has little effect on my trajectory, clubhead speed, distance, and spin. The weight, balance point, and overall swing weight matter more to me.

nice!!! report back and let us know how it goes.

So……

interested in your thoughts. personally i never got along with the first gen ventus, but i absolutely love the tr. it was great in 6s for me, but i decided to test a 6r as well and it's even better.

interested in your thoughts. personally i never got along with the first gen ventus, but i absolutely love the tr. it was great in 6s for me, but i decided to test a 6r as well and it's even better.
I’ve honestly been slow playing to try an new TZ Six or TX Five from ACCRA, but figured out a whale of a deal on those. Now, what to put it in?

You know the answer
I know, but it hurts my soul a little. You saw though, I hit it better than anything else.

Back