Full Swing (Netflix) - Who’s watching?

different strokes, I thought it was great. Its a documentary and that was about as real as it gets.
Fair, but if a LIV guy said it about Rory people would go crazy. Just rubbed me the wrong way.

Spoiler alert

Most people have already heard about this but Rory’s nasty shot at Phil was incredibly irritating. That guy is difficult to root for imo, no matter how good he is.
You've never made comments like that after taking something personally? If anything, it adds some weight to his perspective, which he's held since the onset of the commentary by Phil.

The more Rory cares about the Tour and the future of golf, the more I like him.

Not agreeing or disagreeing with either side here, but comparing PGA Tour players to minor leaguers is apples and oranges. There are over 1,000 MLB players and the minimum salary is $750,000. The #100 golfer in the world made half that, and people in the top 200 who make less than most people I know.
I understand that. That's why it would be fair to compare Korn Ferry players or something with MILB, not PGA Tour card players with MILB players.
Whether intentional or not, this is why I took issue with how they angled Poulter's episode. He's out there talking about not making money at a tournament (knowing fully well it's going to be a primary reason why he pivots to LIV), like he's hard up for cash.

I think it's disingenuous and frankly, offensive to all the guys and gals who are truly grinding out there trying to make anything on any tour.

I'm halfway through and loving it. Avoiding this thread has been difficult as I want to jump in and comment... I'll re-read from the beginning soon though!

You've never made comments like that after taking something personally? If anything, it adds some weight to his perspective, which he's held since the onset of the commentary by Phil.

The more Rory cares about the Tour and the future of golf, the more I like him.
Ever in my whole life? Yes, though not in a long time, and certainly not publicly and intentionally so that it airs in front of millions of people e.g. (“and I hope that makes it in”).

To some, Rory McIlroy can do no wrong but as far as I’m concerned he is arrogant and abrasive.

I really enjoyed this. And hope they keep making them.

Ever in my whole life? Yes, though not in a long time, and certainly not publicly and intentionally so that it airs in front of millions of people e.g. (“and I hope that makes it in”).

To some, Rory McIlroy can do no wrong but as far as I’m concerned he is arrogant and abrasive.
Rory can do plenty wrong.. I just don't see it in this example.

(unless you lean LIV, of course) ;)

Rory can do plenty wrong.. I just don't see it in this example.

(unless you lean LIV, of course) ;)
I do lean LIV but there are players on LIV I dislike (Koepka, Reed, DJ) and PGAT players I like a lot (Fowler, Finau, Dahmen).

I’m honestly just calling it like I see it. If Rory signed with LIV I would still dislike him just as much. Besides, I do think LIV is exciting but the majors are what really move the needle for me.

DJ on whether he'll watch:

“Probably not. I’m just being honest,” Johnson said when asked if he would watch the episode in the future. “I watched them film me, so I don’t need to watch the episode.”

I do miss him sometimes hahahahaha

Finished episode of tonight. I feel sympathy towards Brooks if anything. That someone can find that much success and not find some positivity, or just be that much of a head case (I know the show spins it how they want). Have fun, and enjoy life and maybe good things happen.

I watched the first two episodes last night. It seems more contrived/forced than the Formula 1 series, but it is interesting and entertaining. Maybe it's just me, but Brooks Koepka seems like a real tool (as does his fiancee). Very whiny and kind of a jerk. Sorry to see that because I liked him before watching the series.

It was definitely a stark contrast with Jordan and Brooks. My wife went to high school with Jordan's wife, and they have been super private, she wasn't shown at all. Meanwhile, Jenna was all over the camera haha
Jenna came off like a gold-digger and publicity hound. Scotty Scheffler's and Justin Thomas' wives seemed the opposite.

Going to binge this on a long road trip.

Looking forward to it.

Jenna came off like a gold-digger and publicity hound. Scotty Scheffler's and Justin Thomas' wives seemed the opposite.
Can we stop with the gold-digger non sense? Jena was on the pageant circuit and did some acting jobs. She now runs a non-profit. Her personality is very extroverted and that really shows. She also makes money through social media (whatever you think of that doesn't matter) and real estate. I personally think she is way over the top but I also respect the hustle. She makes money, while he makes way more and that helps she is not just arm candy.

Heard Dan Rappaport on the Fore Play pod say that Netflix is working on starting production for season 2 and it will be focused around the Ryder Cup :love::love:

I came away thinking that Brook's wife loves being on camera. Love how she put on that skimpy bikini and just laid on Brooks by the pool. "Look at me!".
Dude is a headcase but certainly a better understanding on why he went to LIV. Agree about him being the bully jock in high school.

I will forever be a Joel Dahman fan now. How can you not like that guy? I also love that he has a "normal" wife. Seems all these golfers have super models as their mates. lol
I remember being at the Ryder Cup in Louisville and all these blonde Stepford Wives were being led around the course following their man. Then came Kenny Perry and his family who were totally normal...and his dad wearing blue jean overalls. It was great to see.

Can we stop with the gold-digger non sense? Jena was on the pageant circuit and did some acting jobs. She now runs a non-profit. Her personality is very extroverted and that really shows. She also makes money through social media (whatever you think of that doesn't matter) and real estate. I personally think she is way over the top but I also respect the hustle. She makes money, while he makes way more and that helps she is not just arm candy.
Is this when I tell you "whatever you think of that doesn't matter"?

Is this when I tell you "whatever you think of that doesn't matter"?
Wow, you really got me. Ignore the fact that Jena is an accomplished woman and makes money just to use my own words against me. That must mean my point is invalid. Thanks for that.

Wow, you really got me. Ignore the fact that Jena is an accomplished woman and makes money just to use my own words against me. That must mean my point is invalid. Thanks for that.
I was quoting you so your response is kind of funny.

I binge watched the first 4 episodes last night and loved it.... Can't wait to continue watching.... probably in binge fashion again after a couple weeks :oops: Loved the Poulter and Dahmen episodes.....despise Poulter, like Dahmen :LOL:

Binged the series.

I just want to know how many THPers cried at one point?

5 episodes in the books. Loved Joel Dahman and his caddy. His open qualifying reminded me of Tin cup. Those two are a riot. Also, very impressed with Tony Finau.

Back