Garsen Golf Grips Review

Love all the color options!
C3SpwiJWYAEX4Ao.jpg

Nice to see the green added to the mix. I just went red/black to match the paint fill on my Toulon. I adore these grips.

This grip was the best golf purchase I made in 2016....I am not telling the Illinois or Mo folks (Future RR losers) as having this grip is like cheating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This grip was the best golf purchase I made in 2016....I am not telling the Illinois or Mo folks (Future RR losers) as having this grip is like cheating

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2016 had my best putts with the Max. Won't be changing anything in 2017.

Anyone still on board with the Garsen grips?! Still sporting the Max grips and love the new red/black blue/black combos. Sticking with 'em for 2017!

9251B32F-8371-48E4-B75D-FE5B1AFA1585_zps4oq1pcev.jpg

Pretty cool to see the young amateur Curtis Luck sporting one at the Masters this year.

1best.dressed_zpsafubxcvb.jpg

I went away from them personally, I still like them and am not ruling them out at all, but I prefer some other grips these days

GPro MAX grips on all my putters. I don't have the urge to even trying anything else.

Last edited:
GPro MAX grips on all my putters. I have the urge to even trying anything else.

I stuck w/ the SuperStroke slim that came on the Toe Up for about a month for shI%'s and giggles but the Max went on shortly thereafter and haven't looked back. So funny giving my putter to guys I play with and saying try this. They weren't ready.

I stuck w/ the SuperStroke slim that came on the Toe Up for about a month for shI%'s and giggles but the Max went on shortly thereafter and haven't looked back. So funny giving my putter to guys I play with and saying try this. They weren't ready.

Haha, it should have said don't have the urge. It just flat out works for me. Puts my shoulders in the perfect position and eliminated variables.

I actually changed from the Garsen Max to the Garsen G-Pro

I'm a believer - still sporting them on the majority of my putters.

Used a putter this weekend with a Jumbo on it... man, I really like this thing!

Definitely going to throw one on the O-Works.

Bumping an old thread. Are you still playing a Garsen Max grip ?

Bumping an old thread. Are you still playing a Garsen Max grip ?

I have it on my 2 ball red but not my Toulon. I’m probably gonna make the grip switch to the Toulon eventually but just haven’t yet. Hoping to maybe see some new products from Mr Garsen after this week at the PGA show.

I have it on my 2 ball red but not my Toulon. I’m probably gonna make the grip switch to the Toulon eventually but just haven’t yet. Hoping to maybe see some new products from Mr Garsen after this week at the PGA show.

I've spent some hours practicing with both the Edge and the Max, but no on course play yet.
From the Garsen related thread(s) here at THP, it seems like the brand received a fair amount of "honeymoon love" but ten most players eventually went on to play other, newer grips. I guess this can be said of just about all golf equipment products, players are inclined to make changes.
www.garsengolf.com site was updated yesterday. It appears the company still offers the Edge and Max (original concept-profile), as well as the Ultimate (moderate version of the original concept), and the company's newest grip (Quad). For the past year or so I believe the Quad has been the model most accepted by Tour players, including the co-branded Odyssey putter grips.
For now, to get a sense and appreciation of Garsen's original concept, I am trying only the Edge and the Max models.

Used a putter this weekend with a Jumbo on it... man, I really like this thing!

Definitely going to throw one on the O-Works.

Is the "Jumbo" a Garsen model grip ?

How long did you play the Max versus playing the Pro ?

Probably half a season with both...in the end I ended up with a traditional pistol grip. I like taking a similar grip with my putter as I do with the rest of my clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Odyssey logo looks sick on those! Wonder if they’re just a few Tour only one offs?

The Odyssey logo looks sick on those! Wonder if they’re just a few Tour only one offs?

I’m really hoping they aren’t. I think there would be a market for adding these to the online ordering form. Properly branded for all sides and more options for golfers.

I’m really hoping they aren’t. I think there would be a market for adding these to the online ordering form. Properly branded for all sides and more options for golfers.

I think you were with us when we spoke to Bernie for a bit about these.
Right now they are tour only, but there is hope they come to market.

I think you were with us when we spoke to Bernie for a bit about these.
Right now they are tour only, but there is hope they come to market.

I was there but I couldn’t remember exactly what the answer was (late on the 3rd day may not be my time to shine for recall). I was impressed getting these products in hand.

By "more options for golfers" do you mean the different shapes/profiles of the various Garsen grips (Edge, Max-, Ultimate, Quad) ?
Or do you mean having the Quad style available in both standard Garsen-only logo as well as Odyssey-Garsen logo ?

Back