Give Up Your Highest Lofted Wedge?

Could absolutely give up my 58*..... I would make an adjustment to my current 54* by increasing bounce only, Majority of my wedge swings are more 3/4 to half shots and I can easily adjust to distances inside 50yds with the 54*

Yes could absolutely do it, but yes I'd alter my wedge setup. Right now go 52, 56, 60. Could easily just go 52 or 54 and 58.

I could drop my 60, but it’s really only used in green side bunkers now as is. All these questions about “How do you 3w” and now this one have me wondering how many clubs I could actually drop and still be able to get around a course.

I I just don't think that I can let go of my 60 degree. It seems to be the most consistent club in the bag

You all are funny. Pre-Lob wedge days, we played a SW with lower bounce, smaller sole and laid it open various amounts to add loft and adjusted our stance and ball position. We got good at these shots. I could easily ditch the LW, in fact, the other day I was showing a 30-some y.o. golfer how these shots are played. Pretty funny stuff, cuz they hadn't seen this before.

I have a 60 deg and although I really like it, I could give it up. I need to work more with the 56 deg anyway.

Yep. I'd drop the 58*, 54* --> 56*, 50* --> 51* and I am ready to rock. Pretty easy to open up the face on a 56 and get what I need out of it.

i'd lose my 56, but i just played OL for the first time last weekend and only had a GW, 50deg and i guess i did right well

I could do it sometimes i have a 58 and sometimes its a 60 in the bag and either way i would have a 56 or 54 and then a 50 left which i could make work i think.

Nope, would not work for me - my 58* is the most used club in my bag most rounds outside of putter and (sometimes) driver

1. I like to think I could
2. Nope, I really like my 54* so wouldn't touch it

Look @Canadan just because you live in Ohio...don’t you go trying to take my toys. NO YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PM GRIND. :p:ROFLMAO:

Look @Canadan just because you live in Ohio...don’t you go trying to take my toys. NO YOU CANNOT HAVE MY PM GRIND. :p:ROFLMAO:
haha, you can keep that and any of them destined for my house.

Hard no.

haha, you can keep that and any of them destined for my house.

Hard no.
That’s a great plan. I’ll take them and show you

why I’m a 22 handicap. ?

I could drop the PM grind 58°, and still play with out adjust lofts of other wedges.

1. Yes I Would take that out for another club that might be used more.
2. No altering ofLofts Just lay that 56 a little farther open!

My highest loft is 56*. I could probably do some rearranging/loft bending and get by without it.

without hesitation. i played a fair bit of golf last year without a 60* and didn’t miss it at all.

No, I went from a 56 & 60 pairing to 54 & 58. I use my 58 for several shots (high /spinning) and it has a different bounce than my 54. My short game (chipping & sand) are my strongest areas according to Arccos so I wouldn't dare mess with that!!

Would definitely do it if the reward would be great enough.
My 58* wedge doesn't get a lot of play anyways, usually better off playing the 54* for a bit more rollout.

As long as I'm playing around the area I live, I could get rid of it. I play a 54 out of most of the bunkers, and I'm not good enough to flop anything so the 58 can go.

I've kinda tried to do that by moving to a 52/58 set up. Eventually just comes down to I prefer my 60 a lot of times. But definitely an area of the bag that's always in focus.

Could I do it, yes I've been doing it sorta for a bit but I doubt I would stay in that setup for a long time.

Yep did it last year. Lost my 58 on the course somehow and of course no one turned it in. I played the rest of the year with one wedge and as it turns out I don’t really need a LW anyway

I couldn’t give up my 60 but I could and sometimes do pull my 51 GW in favor of another club.

My highest lofted wedge is my 55* so no, buy I would take out my 50* gap wedge. I have not played with 14 clubs in my bag in more that a few years. So it would not be necessary to take one club out anyway.

Back