Spank818

Brian Gaysian
Reaction score
Handicap
TMEX 4.19
So I was watching Tin Cup for the bazillionth time yesterday and it got me thinking (which is very dangerous). What is your "Go to" club? The one that never fails, without doubt, no matter what lie.

For me... 54 SW.

In the immortal words of the Cup, "I hit the 7 like John Daly hits the 3."

I assume you're talking about "swinging clubs", right...like a full-swing shot?

I don't like to have a favorite club, but if I had to pick a club that I couldn't screw up if I tried, it would have to be my 51 deg. wedge (with my 8-iron finishing a very close second).

If, on the other hand, you're talking about any club in the bag, then it would have to be my putter.

-JP

Probably my 8i, with my 52* AW a close second.

Definitely my 8 iron.

My PW is definitely my go to club. My 4I is my get out of the woods club though.

48* Vokey and FT-i. It's a tie.

Kevin

without a doubt my 52° is my moneymaker anywhere inside 100yrds

7i

then PW

then SW

I like my hybrid. I use it anywhere from 200 yards to putting and chipping with it. It is my also "get out of trouble" club.

7i

then PW

then SW

Just to clarify, is that the order of your go to clubs, by favoriites, or is it the order you hit them usually? :D

(For me, that's usually the order I hit them!)

5 iron

I'm pretty comfortable wit most of my clubs. I really like my hybrids, a 7 iron is just easy to place, a pitching wedge from 100 is not always great, but I love the shot and my 56* is my buddy, (favorite).

My car keys to leave. :D

AW. Then 6H. No Smallie, that's not the order in which I hit them.

Would have to be my 7i with my 5w as a close second choice.

PW, followed closely by either one of my hybrids.

PW comes in first because I use it for a lot of things, and it seems I can do no wrong w/ it.

And it seems that I almost always hit my hybrids right on the button.

For me it is the 7 or 8 iron.

One of the few who will say this:

The driver.

That is my "go-to" club. I can't HONESTLY remember the last time I teed off with a 3-wood or hybrid, that is how well I hit my driver. Don't know why.

my 8i for sure

One of the few who will say this:

The driver.

That is my "go-to" club. I can't HONESTLY remember the last time I teed off with a 3-wood or hybrid, that is how well I hit my driver. Don't know why.

That would be my wife's go-to club too.

I have to agree that my driver is the most consistent club in my bag. The only shot I hit OB yesterday was the 3W I hit to stay "out of trouble" on a short par 4...

After the driver, probably 7 iron, although I like my 4i as well.

7 wood. Is that strange? Its the club I hit constantly from both the tee and the fairway and the only one that I know exactly how far it will go and where it will land within a few yards. Its also the only one I can adjust the speed of my swing with to add or dial back distance. I use it way more than I ever thought I would when I got it.

Back