Good bye folks I'm gone

I think if Ole Bill left, the emoji companies would all go out of business. :banana: :blob: :comp: :clapp::cowboy::deadhorse::crying::egyptian::eyepoke::guitar::laughing::nono::surrender::bye:

I think if Ole Bill left, the emoji companies would all go out of business. :banana: :blob: :comp: :clapp::cowboy::deadhorse::crying::egyptian::eyepoke::guitar::laughing::nono::surrender::bye:

Looks like you are doing a pretty spiffy job there good buddy! :thumb:

If you had to leave and live some where with no internet access, how do you think you were perceived while on the forum? What would you do different and would you interact in a different way?

I know some folks like me, some probably would be happy to see me go, and some wouldn't care either way. I know of a few things I could change for the better. How about you?

Ok, not being the brightest bulb on this tree, I will admit, I'm confused. Are you leaving us or were you just starting a conversation about technology addiction. I don't want you to leave because I feel akin to you. We are brothers in arms and simple country folk. I really don't want to be the only "good ole boy" in the neighborhood. We relate to the words of Mr. Tritt--Now I've been called hillbilly, been called a redneck to, but I ain't backwards, dumb or poor; I'm just red, white and blue. I'm the son of the new South, a stepchild to Uncle Sam, baptized in 100 proof and saved by the blood of the lamb.

But if it's about technology, I could go back to my roots. I could visit friends and have some home brew and not just text them. I could meet my needs without shopping the internet, I could go to the local general store, say hi to people and purchase what I need. I could definitely live again in world where instant gradification is not a priority, I could cook my food over a flame as opposed to the microwave. To me, the simple life is the more rewarding life.

Ok, not being the brightest bulb on this tree, I will admit, I'm confused. Are you leaving us or were you just starting a conversation about technology addiction. I don't want you to leave because I feel akin to you. We are brothers in arms and simple country folk. I really don't want to be the only "good ole boy" in the neighborhood. We relate to the words of Mr. Tritt--Now I've been called hillbilly, been called a redneck to, but I ain't backwards, dumb or poor; I'm just red, white and blue. I'm the son of the new South, a stepchild to Uncle Sam, baptized in 100 proof and saved by the blood of the lamb.

But if it's about technology, I could go back to my roots. I could visit friends and have some home brew and not just text them. I could meet my needs without shopping the internet, I could go to the local general store, say hi to people and purchase what I need. I could definitely live again in world where instant gradification is not a priority, I could cook my food over a flame as opposed to the microwave. To me, the simple life is the more rewarding life.

Not going anywhere partner. We have similar tastes for sure because of our style of music.... Travis had some hot music with good lyrics!
guitar.gif

This is pretty much about how you could handle life if you left the internet behind. Sounds like Country boys can survive ---- Hank Williams Jr.

My wife thinks I can't go without tech, THP, or Twitter...that's not true. When we were on our cruise last month I basically left my phone in my bag for a week. I didn't feel the urge to go down and pay for on ship internet access. Granted, as soon as we were a few miles from Key West and I starting getting service, I was back on it...but that's besides the point. ha

I try not to rock the boat, I try to be courteous to others and honor their opinions, even if I don't agree with them. I can't help it that some of you don't know what you're talking about, and I have to remind myself that from time to time. :D

I could easily go without my phone or computer. As long as I have some way to listen to music and read a book...maybe on a sandy beach somewhere with temps around 75, I am good to go.

I welcome the idea of being tech free for a month. Not being on call 24/7, not worrying about anything, just living in the now....sounds like heaven to me.

Also, I couldn't care less what people think of me. I hope I never hurt anyone's feelings, but if someone doesn't like me, oh well. I know I have a special type of personality, but after 31 years, I don't think I will be changing that.

I could easily go without my phone or computer. As long as I have some way to listen to music and read a book...maybe on a sandy beach somewhere with temps around 75, I am good to go.

I welcome the idea of being tech free for a month. Not being on call 24/7, not worrying about anything, just living in the now....sounds like heaven to me.

I'm almost positive my wife said this exact same thing to me last night when I asked her this question

Not going anywhere partner. We have similar tastes for sure because of our style of music.... Travis had some hot music with good lyrics! :guitar:

This is pretty much about how you could handle life if you left the internet behind. Sounds like Country boys can survive ---- Hank Williams Jr.

Glad to hear ya ain't going anywhere. Ya right, country folks know how to survive. But is it really survival, or rather knowing that the simple things in life are the more important aspects of life. I would think its the techno dependent life that is tougher to survive. I'm sure we have all seen what happens when the computer goes down. People seem to be lost, they have no idea what to do now.

If you had to leave and live some where with no internet access, how do you think you were perceived while on the forum? What would you do different and would you interact in a different way?

I know some folks like me, some probably would be happy to see me go, and some wouldn't care either way. I know of a few things I could change for the better. How about you?

My perception on the forum? LOL.....it all depends on whether the people actually met me. I don't really worry too much about how I'm perceived. I would hope that people would think that I've provided some laughter.....maybe made them think a little bit. I don't know that I'd do anything different, though. The friends I have hear, I have because of who I am.

And I could actually go quite a while without technology. I enjoy unplugging from the world every now and then.

My perception on the forum? LOL.....it all depends on whether the people actually met me. I don't really worry too much about how I'm perceived. I would hope that people would think that I've provided some laughter.....maybe made them think a little bit. I don't know that I'd do anything different, though. The friends I have hear, I have because of who I am.

And I could actually go quite a while without technology. I enjoy unplugging from the world every now and then.

Nailed it.

Perception changed once I met you. ;)

30 days with no tech umm no way I could do it. Never going off the grid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said. Everyone should meet Adam once! :act-up:

JM

My wife used to be an IT recruiter. She said work never actually ended for her because most of her interactions with the potential recruits were after hours when they were done with their work day. She said it was almost impossible to go somewhere where her phone had to be turned off, lest she lose a chance to land a great candidate and a high commission. She swore once she was done with that job, she'd never be tied down to her phone again.

She's kept true to that ... which proves annoying almost every single time I (or any of our friends and family) try to reach her on the phone.

Back