Grandura Shafts Review Thread

I wouldn't necessarily equate stiff to low launching. I didn't have any issues elevating the shaft, i didn't have any sort of consistency with it and I could not feel any sort of release into the ball with it. Solid mid launch, though.

I agree with that. I was hitting my normal height shot and maybe even a little higher.

i still think about this shaft. it's such a well-built product. and i'd still really like a hands-on fitting with multiple options.

I really liked the feel of your GBB combo which is why I went with the same shaft. Plus I need more launch so anything to help in that regard is needed.
That is what sold me and love the combo and results I am seeing

Now Now.....lets not get crazy talk started in this thread. But Joe is sort of right. I took some swings with it this weekend in CA and for every good drive I hit there were 3 right behind it that we being pulled to the left. I even had Chris from Srixon walk up to me on the range to get the 411 on the shaft. He noticed from afar that there was no lag in the shaft on my downswing and that the 745 head needed it. So needless to say, he validated what I was thinking but was happy to give it a run.

On the reverse side, I did hit Mikeg's 530 in his GBB and it was much better. I think this is key with these shafts to get paired with the right one. I think jlukes just didn't get the right one for his swing and it showed. Not a bad shaft but just suited for a different type of player and driver head.
I am surprised to hear this. I would have thought yu would have crushed this.

If it's too much shaft for big swingers like you and Nate there's no way a low launcher like me will have good results with it.
It's interesting though because the 550 stiff is the shaft that I wanted before the reviews started coming in and its the shaft the online fitting tool put me in.
I am swing the 590 TS with no issues, I can't imagine the 530 being too much club.

So the launch and ball speeds are there, but the shaft just feels too stiff? Does it cause the rights? Or just cause mental mayhem?

I just want to make sure I'm understanding.

So the launch and ball speeds are there, but the shaft just feels too stiff?

I would not say this is a general consensus, but was for a few. Some have enjoyed the feel and part of that is dependent on the shaft they received based on the data that was provided. A proper fitting would put the right shaft in the right hands.

So the launch and ball speeds are there, but the shaft just feels too stiff? Does it cause the rights? Or just cause mental mayhem?

I saw no measurable change in dispersion. Did miss more right than left with it when I'm 50 50 with other shafts. Biggest distance was feel, or lack thereof

I would not say this is a general consensus, but was for a few. Some have enjoyed the feel and part of that is dependent on the shaft they received based on the data that was provided. A proper fitting would put the right shaft in the right hands.
Sorry. I wasn't meaning to put a blanket statement up, more responding to jlukes/Nates results.

I sent mine along for a few reasons.

it did feel very stiff. I'm not sure that the results were commensurate with that, but that was how it felt to me.

results were very good with my very best stuff, but I think the stiffer feel made me try a little harder than I needed to so I didn't always get the most out of it. I hit some bombs with this though, farther than any shaft I've ever played and on frozen ropes.

although I really enjoyed it, I wasn't sure what else I could add to the thread. Freddie mentioned an interest, so I thought it would be great to inject some new blood into the review and from someone with the consistency to get the most out of the shaft more often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have three rounds with the 590 TS under my belt. I have averaged 11 FWs per round. I've played everything from fade to draw. High or low, long and short. I've missed a couple on the toe and still gotten descent results. It's not even close to the stiffest shaft I have games. I'm growing familiar with what the 'action' feels like with this shaft.

The impressive thing for me is its performance into the wind. The distance is there but the high spinners are not. I tend to swing a little harder than I should and have seen pushes. But I believe these would have been high rights without this shaft. I'm still getting used to the shaft but early returns point to positive outcome.

Grandura Shafts Review Thread

For me with the 530 I initially thought the shaft was too stiff when paired with the BBA815. Without hard numbers I'm attributing that to it just being a heavier combination because once I put the Grandura in the GBB all of that went out the window. Where I previously thought it was too stiff and I couldn't load it, turned to me loving the combination with the GBB and having no issues loading or being able to get the benefits from this shaft. In fact my SS, ball speed and carry distance all increased with the GBB. Part is probably the head, but I'm sure the shaft plays a big part in helping me maximize the technology in the GBB.

Bottom line is in my experience this is definitely a shaft you want to make sure you fit with the right head. Nate is a prime example because the OEM of the head he was using (Z745) commented that head needs a shaft that isn't tip stiff to reap the benefits as designed.

The impressive thing for me is its performance into the wind. The distance is there but the high spinners are not. I tend to swing a little harder than I should and have seen pushes. But I believe these would have been high rights without this shaft. I'm still getting used to the shaft but early returns point to positive outcome.

This is also what stands out for me. Into the wind or just in general when I try to get too much out of it it still leaves me in a better position (less right or left) to recover from.

I think that the shaft that I have, which is the 530, is a good fit for me but I do wonder if there is another head that would make the combo of head and shaft feel a little bit better. I will say that I've recently fixed some issues in my driver swing and had better results. I played today and took driver off of the tee 7 times, hit 6 fairways with it. The fairway that I missed was my first tee shot of the day, I never saw where the ball went and played a provisional that was in the fairway. So out of 8 swings, 7 of them hit the fairway on a tighter course. It has taken me some time to realize that I don't have to swing super-hard with this shaft to get results out of it, which is what I was feeling early in this testing process. Feeling like I really had to go hard at the ball would result in getting off-balance and my tempo wouldn't be great. By working on my swing a bit and having more time with this shaft, I've realized that I can just get to the top of my backswing and then unload smoothly, and the results will be there. I'm seeing a mid-launch on most of my shots, although I can get a higher launch if I tee it a little higher or put the ball more forward in my stance.

Another interesting tidbit that applies to shafts in general: I think that people will adapt to how a shaft feels. At the start of this testing, I was in love with my 3 wood combo and struggling with this shaft. However, as I've hit the driver a lot more in the past couple of months since getting the Grandura shaft, I think that my swing is more used to how this shaft behaves, and my 3 wood shaft is somewhat different than this shaft, and now I'm having trouble finding the center of the face with my 3 wood. Golf is a funny game sometimes.

Sorry. I wasn't meaning to put a blanket statement up, more responding to jlukes/Nates results.

I've always needed a little tip lag in the shafts I play due to my driver swing. It helps get the ball higher for me based on my attack angle and also promotes better results for my cut fade I like to play. I also thinks it helps with my driver distance. If I played more of a draw maybe the shaft would hold up better for me as is? Don't know.

But then hitting mikeg's 530 with the GBB was night and day for me. It was much more receptive to my swing and ball flight. More lag? Lighter helped? Better head type? Hard to say but like others have stated already, getting fit for the right one is the key. I would game one of these in a heart beat with the right combo.

I would game one of these in a heart beat with the right combo.

my thought as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always needed a little tip lag in the shafts I play due to my driver swing. It helps get the ball higher for me based on my attack angle and also promotes better results for my cut fade I like to play. I also thinks it helps with my driver distance. If I played more of a draw maybe the shaft would hold up better for me as is? Don't know.

But then hitting mikeg's 530 with the GBB was night and day for me. It was much more receptive to my swing and ball flight. More lag? Lighter helped? Better head type? Hard to say but like others have stated already, getting fit for the right one is the key. I would game one of these in a heart beat with the right combo.

I'm thinking the 530 in your Z745 or a 915D2 will be the best combo for you.

It doesn't feel too stiff to me, but then I was playing a black tie before this so take that fwiw. It didn't cause me any unaccounted for right shots either, that I could tell at least. It does seem to reduce my draw, but that's not a bad thing. As a matter of fact, like Freddie mentioned earlier, I can swing harder than normal with this shaft and not get many of the high right pushes I would see with other shafts.

I tend to think its the Srixon head you were playing. That is the common denominator for you and Joe. The GBB has performed well when paired with this shaft.

I wish I would have asked Mikeg to take a few swings with his 530 when I saw him on sunday. It caught my attention on the first tee during the periscope but I didn't think to ask to him.

I tend to think its the Srixon head you were playing. That is the common denominator for you and Joe. The GBB has performed well when paired with this shaft.
Absolutely. Srixon purposely chose a high balance point shaft to pair with the 745 and 545 driver heads and it's no pretty clear why.

When I get the shaft back from Nate I just may put a TM tip on it to see how it pairs with the m1. Or maybe there's a bearded guy who is wickedly cool that wants to try the 550

I wish I would have asked Mikeg to take a few swings with his 530 when I saw him on sunday. It caught my attention on the first tee during the periscope but I didn't think to ask to him.

Tell you what Alez. Go through the online fitting system and send me a PM with what it says. If I have it, I will send it to you to test out.

Tell you what Alez. Go through the online fitting system and send me a PM with what it says. If I have it, I will send it to you to test out.

There goes that image ?

I love this place :)

Got some very cool stuff coming from Grandura soon. You guys are going to love it.

Just plugged my 590 into the new Blue Bertha and it is one stellar looking combo. Oh my.

This shaft has been a ton of fun for me so far, really haven't had any desire at all th stray...which is big for me.

Back