Jaybanks9

Reaction score
Handicap
My bday was last weekend and the inlaws brought me a divot tool back from st andrews. I'll post pics later. My question is does it stay in the bag or do I use it since mentally it feels like a good luck charm lol. It has two ball markers with it which is pretty cool too

I'd use it! Consider it a lucky repair tool. If they didn't want you to use it they'd probably have said something.

Tempo, timing, tapping.

I'd use it if you want. If you don't think it's necessary, get a new one because they aren't very expensive and then you could save the St. Andrews one.

Use it! I used my Pebble Beach divot tool for almost 3 years before I go the Greensaver.

I always get worried with really nice souvenirs that are tough to replace. If you use it, just tap your pocket before you leave a green to make sure it's in there!

Yeah I'm thinking of using it. If I lose it I guess that will be my crazy excuse that I have to go get another one. Then play as I'm there. The one ball marker has the bridge on it which is pretty cool

Yeah I'm thinking of using it. If I lose it I guess that will be my crazy excuse that I have to go get another one. Then play as I'm there. The one ball marker has the bridge on it which is pretty cool

I've got a ball marker from Augusta that says Augusta National Golf Club instead of just "Masters "insert year" and it just sits somewhere safe. I don't know how I'd be able to get one back without spending a lot for just a marker. I'd probably cry and/or go on a rampage if I lost it.

I think ball markers/repair tools are fun to collect. I have one from the British Open at Royal Birkdale in 2007 and one from the US Open this year at Congressional!

Use it! You should be able to replace it pretty easily via mail order if you need to, but use it as your lucky charm! :D

I Would use it. The In Laws most likely didn't think 'oh look at that divot tool we can get him so he can put in his desk drawer." I'm sure they would want you to use it as well.

Tapaway!

My bday was last weekend and the inlaws brought me a divot tool back from st andrews. I'll post pics later. My question is does it stay in the bag or do I use it since mentally it feels like a good luck charm lol. It has two ball markers with it which is pretty cool too

I would use it. I have a couple of ball markers from Royal County Down in Ireland and I use them when I play important rounds. For whatever reason, I play well with them in my pocket, but I don't use them for everyday rounds, only when it matters. Stuff like this was made to be used. If we think they bring us luck, they will.

I have one as well. Thainer brought one for me from his trip over there. I keep it in my bag but I don't use it.

That sounds like a pretty cool gift and I'd definitely use it.

John Deere Tappin...

depends if you like your in-laws or not. if you do then use it. if not then bury in the bag somewhere

I got one from Thianer, and that thing doesnt even go in the golf bag. I am too affraid to lose it.

Game it!

Totally game it. That's what its for! Then go get another one.

Take one of the ball markers off it and keep it as a souvenir somewhere safe just in case you lose the tool while using it.

...in laws and great are not words I put together in the same sentence very often - if ever.

Definitely use it!

Back