Greatest amateur golfer you have ever played with

LOL....you guys are funny. I'm a hack!

The rest of ya aren't too bad yourselves!

I regularly play with a 16 year old +0,8 handicap player. And I'll play with a +1.6 soon.
I've caddied the 17-year old a couple times in matches where he was teamed up with up to +2 handicap players I think. In my country we don't have anyone better then +2.5 I believe :)

When vacationing, the wife heads to the beach and I head to the golf course. On one occasion, another gentleman and I were paired with a couple of extremely attractive college age ladies. It turned out that they played for a Division I college team. They played from the same tees and clocked both the other gentleman and I. It was an enjoyable round and it was good to see some great golf played as well.

The best I've personally played with is probably Big Time and kapsularian.

One of my co-workers was talking to me this morning about a charity tourney he played Monday with a +6.

Plus. Six.

Sure would be nice to expect a 66 on a typical par 72 course.

One of my co-workers was talking to me this morning about a charity tourney he played Monday with a +6.

Plus. Six.

Very rare and crazy for a +6 handicap player to not be a professional golfer. I think Phil Mickelson is a +4.7 or something like that.

I'd have to say my buddy AJ or my other good friend. Andrew Bailey. He's currently trying to make it to the tour, but as we all know, those guys are good.

Canadan ain't so bad himself either

So many good local am players out there. Almost seems like more good players than bad. But then I realized that this is such a tough game when I watched a dozen golfers tee off while sitting in the pro shop shooting some stories with the pro. Out of the 12 we saw tee off , only one hit the fairway :(

I hear you're no slouch yourself. Hope to tee it up with you at some point next year.

He is an incredible player and one of the best I've been fortunate to play with, probably the best on course dimeanor I've witnessed.

Flog and Freddie are the two best I've played with. Guys that can easily go sub-par on any course/tees. Flog beat some guys that are on tour now during junior golf here in Georgia. Freddie played mini tours. Both great, great golfers. I'm

Haven't played a round with Canadan or Jeff Spicoli yet but have seen them hit on the range. Really great swings and great players too!

Scott Harvey. He is a local guy that has played in the Masters, is a past US MidAm Champ and Walker Cup Team member. He has also won more high level Am tournaments than I can list.

He is an incredible player and one of the best I've been fortunate to play with, probably the best on course dimeanor I've witnessed.
I only had the pleasure of meeting Jimmy for a few moments in Pittsburgh before the round. But I said this before, you can tell within one minute of talking to him, that he's good peeps.

And you sir the same has been said many times about Wicked Cool Trout Man. While we won't be paired together on Sunday. I look forward to watching that move on the range. Ha no pressure right :D

I see Seth lurking. Saw him hit a few shots in KC. He definitly has game.

Also not to be confused with FLOG but ForTheLoveofGolf played Division 1 golf at a BCS school and has tour length distance.

Scott Harvey. He is a local guy that has played in the Masters, is a past US MidAm Champ and Walker Cup Team member. He has also won more high level Am tournaments than I can list.
He's got an impressive list of big tournaments he has won.

I got paired with a young man from SDSU at Maderas. I don't know what he shot, but my guess is -4 or so from the tips.

Played with Andy Zhang over the summer, and he was kinda good. Stupid long, really good short game.. I hated him.

I've played at least a dozen rounds with Buddy Marucci over the past 5 years, at his age he still has it.

Plus. Six.

Yeah it is pretty humbling to play in a foursome that includes Big Time and Kapsularian.

For me it would be Freddie, Canadan, and Trouter.

I have played with Freddie, playing with Trouter Sunday and only watched Dan on few holes.

i will add vthokies20 as another good one.

I have played with Freddie, playing with Trouter Sunday and only watched Dan on few holes.

i will add vthokies20 as another good one.
i played in the same group with VTHokies in Pittsburgh. Playing with him and Canadan in the same foursome...,.i felt like I should have paid an admission fee for that seat. Good gawd both those guys are sick and long.

But it better than that, they are two of the most genuine guys you could ask to spend a round with.

Greatest amateur golfer you have ever played with

Played with numerous + handicaps at usjga events as a kid.

Teenagers shooting mid to high 60's on the regular .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are incredibly kind, but as my boy Nate said... nuts.

I'm honoured to be a part of the group I've been mentioned with, but there are wildly better players than I will ever be -- including basically all on that THP list.

Thanks for the pump up though -- I'll keep working both on the shots and the smiles.

^^^ this guy. He gets into this more where it's surgical. Really cool to watch unfold on the course

^^^ this guy. He gets into this more where it's surgical. Really cool to watch unfold on the course
I only saw him hit 6 iron. The entire round. Including putting.
I feel robbed.
:alien:

Back