Greatest American Rock Band?

I’ll give Levon’s Arkansas heritage the win. But I definitely see the issue. Tough call on a great band, prob top 20 of all time.
Levon was amazing.

Have you seen them both live? The Foo Fighters kick RHCP ass live. I saw them open for them in 2001 and they stole the show.
Yeah I saw good fighters live. They definitely Rock! It's tough

The Tumbling Boulders just don’t have the same sound.

true. But the billowing pebbles, those guys are legit

1. Eagles
2. Van Halen
3. Aerosmith

Honorable mention.... Cheap Trick

I’ll give Levon’s Arkansas heritage the win. But I definitely see the issue. Tough call on a great band, prob top 20 of all time.

Typo. That should be top 10 OAT.

Levon may have been from Arkansas but the 4 other members were Canadian.

They've all been mentioned, but my top 5 in no particular order are: GnR, Metallica, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Aerosmith, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Eagles
Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band
Doobie Brothers
Aerosmith
Beach Boys

Bonus - Best Current American Rock Band - Greta Van Fleet

The Gaslight Anthem, probably because I've worn out all the "big" bands... What genre is Bob Dylan?

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I defend my selection of Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers again. Their catalog is immense, and it’s ALL good.

It's ZZ TOP without question; the fact that they have been mentioned just once in this thread is criminal.

It's ZZ TOP without question; the fact that they have been mentioned just once in this thread is criminal.
The documentary on them is AWESOME.

Among the best are: The Eagles, The Beach Boys, Prince and the Revolution, CCR and The Greatful Dead. I hard to say one is the greatest. They are all the greatest, depending on what mood I'm in while listening.

A band that doesn't get enough love and should and has a great catalog is The Black Keys.

If it was my list, it would be a toss up between Guns N Roses and Foo Fighters. I’d struggle to pick which order they went to be honest.

I will add Buddy Holly and the crickets, they of course did not last long because of plane crash but the Beatles and the Stones said Buddy Holly was their inspiration

The Beach Boys
Charlie Daniels Band
CCR
Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band
Lynyrd Skynyrd

My favorites are the Eagles and Van Halen. Prefer Sammy to David Lee Roth, but they had some great early songs. And the Cradle Will Rock is one of my favorite songs.

Wish VH were adult enough to tour, but it never gets past being scheduled.
I've been a VH fan for over 40 years, but there's no way I'd pay to see them now. Wolfie is not Michael Anthony in any way, and DLR is a washed up, overdramatic glitter queen who can hardly even sing anymore. The YouTube videos I've seen of their concerts over the past couple years are absolutely pathetic, that's not the Van Halen I grew up listening to.

First thought was Metallica but some would say that’s more metal than rock. If it can’t be them the. I’m going Foo Fighters.

Levon may have been from Arkansas but the 4 other members were Canadian.
For some reason I was thinking Robertson was the only one. Still a damned fine band.

Best Canadian band? Eh.

Back