So while all the sit-on-your-@ssers are driving me nuts on leg day, I spotted the deaf dude that's kind of a d*ck. And something occurred to me. That lucky S.O.B doesn't have to listen to the ******* Olivia Rodrigo!!!

Someone barbell punch me in the eardrums please.

#GymMusicPeeves

So while all the sit-on-your-assers are driving me nuts on leg day, I spotted the deaf dude that's kind of a dick. And something occurred to me. That lucky S.O.B doesn't have to listen to the ******* Olivia Rodrigo!!!

AirPods Pro with noise cancellation. (y) All I hear in the gym is my own music.

So while all the sit-on-your-assers are driving me nuts on leg day, I spotted the deaf dude that's kind of a dick. And something occurred to me. That lucky S.O.B doesn't have to listen to the ******* Olivia Rodrigo!!!

Wait…. Are you raw dogging the gym without headphones?!?!?!?

That is weirdo behavior, friend.

They got used a bunch today and are charging in the truck.. 😭
I’m going to show a picture tomorrow of how completely prepared I am for just these types of nightmare scenarios. I might be the weirdo 🤣🤣

"How many more do you have there?" Mr. Haven't Done a Set in 4 Minutes on that Leg Extension Machine..

Sub question - do you get bedsores on your ass from this?

"How many more do you have there?" Mr. Haven't Done a Set in 4 Minutes on that Leg Extension Machine..

Sub question - do you get bedsores on your ass from this?
It's not a recliner. Tell them to get their ass up.

:banghead: So while all the sit-on-your-@ssers are driving me nuts on leg day, I spotted the deaf dude that's kind of a d*ck. And something occurred to me. That lucky S.O.B doesn't have to listen to the ******* Olivia Rodrigo!!!

#GymMusicPeeves
Yep, half way thru Work Out Buds went dead.... Noooooo.
Top it off some Idjut chillin on Machine looking at phone motions, 2 more sets. 2 more of what, Facebook? :banghead:

I’m going to show a picture tomorrow of how completely prepared I am for just these types of nightmare scenarios. I might be the weirdo 🤣🤣
IMG_9197.jpeg

I would rather die than accidentally find myself listening to Olivia Rodriguez (and the grunts of those around me) at the gym.

One pair lives in my pocket, another on the charging cable in my car, and the third in my gym bag. And they rotate when charge is lost. 🤣

We have one shower at our CrossFit gym, God knows how people don’t shower but…. My peeve is the fact that I do take a shower, real quick… been washing this body for years, I know the landscape so WHY does the guy who cuts out 5 minutes early to be first in the shower take as long as it would to wash a friggin bus???!!!

Wait…. Are you raw dogging the gym without headphones?!?!?!?

That is weirdo behavior, friend.
I don't wear ear phones in the gym. The music doesn't bother me. If I can hear the music, the weigh'ts too light.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA

Last edited:
We have one shower at our CrossFit gym, God knows how people don’t shower but…. My peeve is the fact that I do take a shower, real quick… been washing this body for years, I know the landscape so WHY does the guy who cuts out 5 minutes early to be first in the shower take as long as it would to wash a friggin bus???!!!
I want to respond to this so bad.

I recently changed from 24 hr fitness to LA fitness. Night and day difference between members. At 24 hr there were the selfie and workout vid queens, people chilling on the equipment and one dude that commandeered a bench and watched tv on the monitors. At LA folks come in , do their workout and get out. Refreshing.

I don't wear ear phones in the gym. The music doesn't bother me. If I can hear the music, the weigh'ts too light.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by NBA
Cant hear the gym music over my roars.

Cant hear the gym music over my roars.
You want to change the music, load up the bar and out deadlift me. Until then, we're listening to 90s Country, the thunder rolls!

You want to change the music, load up the bar and out deadlift me. Until then, we're listening to 90s Country, the thunder rolls!
Guess I'm never changing the music at your gym!

My last gym had a rack of dumbbells that stretched over about 75 feet in length. But you could never find one because…

People would grab them and keep them in their own personal pile in the gym until they leave, even though they were long since done with them.

I swear I was the only one at that gym who ever put them back in the designated spot on the rack. So, good luck finding a specific weight.

Guess I'm never changing the music at your gym!
Or, I don't care about the music. Put on what makes you happy. It's just noise so I don't have to listen to the voices in my head.

Or, I don't care about the music. Put on what makes you happy. It's just noise so I don't have to listen to the voices in my head.
I typically listen to podcasts, honestly. Some times music, but typically podcasts.

Gym pet peeve?
Other people.......:cautious:

I typically listen to podcasts, honestly. Some times music, but typically podcasts.
Back when I would listen to ear buds when lifting, classical music was it. Typically cinematic scores. They were great. I'm not a hyped up lifter, I lose control. So the nature of classical music allowed me to focus on the task at hand.

Biggest pet peeve is people taking the weights stored on a hammer strength machine that I am currently using.

Back when I would listen to ear buds when lifting, classical music was it. Typically cinematic scores. They were great. I'm not a hyped up lifter, I lose control. So the nature of classical music allowed me to focus on the task at hand.
Close…as I tell my wife, I live in a world where Burt Bacharach is a genius. Especially love me some Dionne Warwick. Still listen to this on Pandora a lot, but also find myself drifting more and more to podcasts on golf fitness and speed training for extra motivation. Although Broadway Classics does make it into the rotation form time to time.

I'll listen to some movie scores as well. Gladiator, Braveheart, etc. I dig it.

Back