When you have to rework your schedule to make leg day on Friday when it thins out because all the new gym girlies are very focused on their asses.

Today was perfect example. Guy exercising right up against the dumbbell rack while I’m trying rerack 100lb dumbbells. Another doing lunges blocking the rest of the rack.

Today was perfect example. Guy exercising right up against the dumbbell rack while I’m trying rerack 100lb dumbbells. Another doing lunges blocking the rest of the rack.
Nice Bump with 100 pounder, " oh sorry is that gonna bruise?

I had a naked man s in the locker room give me a long talk about how he found Jesus and asked if I wanted to know more about letting Jesus into my life.

The look of disappointment on his face when I just said "Nope" and left is a memory I will never not laugh at

I had a naked man s in the locker room give me a long talk about how he found Jesus and asked if I wanted to know more about letting Jesus into my life.

The look of disappointment on his face when I just said "Nope" and left is a memory I will never not laugh at
He could probably use some remedial work on his timing.

You could do better.
Sorry I am Mormon and my Wives would not agree to your Religion . 😀

He could probably use some remedial work on his timing.
Yeah, the "Time and Place Guidelines" was not followed
You could do better.
Sorry I am Mormon and my Wives would not agree to your Religion . 😀
I didn't want that conversation to continue in any fashion. Those are too many words and too much of an open door to have a naked man to continue talking to me about Jesus.

There are times I miss the gym. Then I read this thread and the feeling passes.

There's a time and place for everything. That wasnt it.

Noticed a few dudes having Bluetooth phone calls going on all the while working in a few sets. Gotta look important I guess! 😂

Here's a new one...

1000003741.jpg

Spacial awareness. Talking mostly to you,
Resolutioners. You've been at the this for more than a month. It's time to stop stumbling your way around like a drunken f*ckwit and get with the flow of things. Because as that person just learned, you brush my weight with your leg when I'm doing freewight butterflies and I will jump up your ass in a way that gets the entire gyms attention. You're going to get someone hurt. Step up or step out.

I'm sorry was that your foot I dropped the Dumbbell on?
Are you finished the Decline Bench or is it easier to look at it upside-down. 🤔

Minor pet peeve, but it’s annoying when the lat pull down, and the seated cable row machine are both taken. There’s 4 of each. How the hell are 8 people doing the exact two things I want to do?

Do I look like I’m creative enough to make stuff up on the fly to make up for those? :(

Minor pet peeve, but it’s annoying when the lat pull down, and the seated cable row machine are both taken. ...

Do I look like I’m creative enough to make stuff up on the fly to make up for those? :(
For lat pull-downs you can do pull-ups. If body weight pull-ups are a bridge too far for you: Assisted pull-ups using bands.

For rows there are tons of options. Right off the top of my head: Tripod rows, barbell rows, incline bench DB rows, standing unilateral rows on a cable machine, inverted rows using a barbell in a rack or TRX suspension trainers. Pendlay rows if you're feeling particularly frisky :)

For lat pull-downs you can do pull-ups. If body weight pull-ups are a bridge too far for you: Assisted pull-ups using bands.

For rows there are tons of options. Right off the top of my head: Tripod rows, barbell rows, incline bench DB rows, standing unilateral rows on a cable machine, inverted rows using a barbell in a rack or TRX suspension trainers. Pendlay rows if you're feeling particularly frisky :)
I wound up doing inverted rows and barbell rows until they opened up, after some googling and the “oh yeah, forgot all about that” moment 😂

When did doing certain lifts without shoes on become a thing?

Minor pet peeve, but it’s annoying when the lat pull down, and the seated cable row machine are both taken. There’s 4 of each. How the hell are 8 people doing the exact two things I want to do?

Just do legs instead

Just do legs instead
Tired Over It GIF

You said the reason. Seated. Seated machines. I've posted about that a bunch in here. Maybe right off the bat. There's actual studies on this. People will find a way to sit on their ass at the gym. Without fail.

You said the reason. Seated. Seated machines. I've posted about that a bunch in here. Maybe right off the bat. There's actual studies on this. People will find a way to sit on their ass at the gym. Without fail.
That's all people do. Why am I the only one that gets up and walks around between sets and actually offers others to work in sets with me? Its a lost art it seems.

That's all people do. Why am I the only one that gets up and walks around between sets and actually offers others to work in sets with me? Its a lost art it seems.
I just buzz through my sets. My rest time is usually under 60sec, unless I just feel like taking my time or if I’m awkwardly winded more than normal.

I just buzz through my sets. My rest time is usually under 60sec, unless I just feel like taking my time or if I’m awkwardly winded more than normal.
So, when do you scroll tik tok? that's what the kids are doing.

staring samuel l jackson GIF

Your post had me so irked that I had to post two blank stare like reactions. How dare you suggest such a horrible idea!
shocked sesame street GIF

Back