Season two only had him in his armor for three out of eight episodes. It was an incredible* decision

*incredibly stupid
That is so far against what the entire construct of the Halo series was.

WTF.

That is so far against what the entire construct of the Halo series was.

WTF.
That’s not even some of the worst **** they’ve done at this point. They had a freaking sex scene with him in the first season…

That’s not even some of the worst **** they’ve done at this point. They had a freaking sex scene with him in the first season…
Didn’t even keep his helmet on.

I have heard that the Halo show has master chief removing his helmet on the regular.

That is just completely unacceptable.
It’s off much more than it is on.. in 2 seasons it is like 87% off..

There was a game called Reach. It told the story of the fall of reach and it was pretty good and could have been incorporated easily.
Yeah, I know the game. I played it, a lot.

I'm not on the same side of the fence. I don't want the show to just retell the games.

I'm not on the same side of the fence. I don't want the show to just retell the games.
Gotcha.

I could get behind that if the show offered a compelling story.

It doesn't need to be Master Chief's story then.

I don't understand why more shows aren't produced from the worlds that have already been created. You're seeing it a bit with Star Wars, but it has to be a massively easier venture to create a character in a world that already exists.

I don't understand why more shows aren't produced from the worlds that have already been created. You're seeing it a bit with Star Wars, but it has to be a massively easier venture to create a character in a world that already exists.
I was just thinking this. Either tell the original story. Or, create a new story in the universe that exist. But telling the story of a character that feels inaccurate it what is frustrating..

Although Star Wars is maybe the best and worst example. The Mandolorian was get for a coupe season then got terrible.

This is all subjective, I didn't watch season 2 yet. But season 1 felt like Master Chief's story before the events of the first game. Cool! I liked it. Showing the issues of the Spartan program, etc. but Master Chief wasn't Master Chiefing enough.

The issue, nobody is watching a Halo show that doesn't have MC. But to just do a MC show that's not just a dramatization of the games is hard.

I'm okay with it being an alternate reality version of that show, I'm not sure it was executed correctly though.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's good, just that I'm okay with it not just following the game.

I was just thinking this. Either tell the original story. Or, create a new story in the universe that exist. But telling the story of a character that feels inaccurate it what is frustrating..

Although Star Wars is maybe the best and worst example. The Mandolorian was get for a coupe season then got terrible.
Execution isn’t the fault of the universe the show was portrayed in 🤣

Also, the more a person identifies as a Star Wars fan, the harder they are to please.

Star Wars now falls into pandering with Fan Service too often, and then when it tries to course correct with original stories the fans revolt, and more fan service gets jammed in.

This is all subjective, I didn't watch season 2 yet. But season 1 felt like Master Chief's story before the events of the first game. Cool! I liked it. Showing the issues of the Spartan program, etc. but Master Chief wasn't Master Chiefing enough.

The issue, nobody is watching a Halo show that doesn't have MC. But to just do a MC show that's not just a dramatization of the games is hard.

I'm okay with it being an alternate reality version of that show, I'm not sure it was executed correctly though.

To be clear, I'm not saying it's good, just that I'm okay with it not just following the game.
I also don’t need the show to follow the games, but it should follow the core structure of the characters if they are going to portray them.

Also, the more a person identifies as a Star Wars fan, the harder they are to please.

Star Wars now falls into pandering with Fan Service too often, and then when it tries to course correct with original stories the fans revolt, and more fan service gets jammed in.
Man, if they only pandered to fans.. even a little. It could be good again!

I also don’t need the show to follow the games, but it should follow the core structure of the characters if they are going to portray them.
But if it followed the games time like and key points it would be awesome!!

I'd be more inclined to watch it than what i am hearing about what it currently is (ignoring the fact that it's behind a paywall for me anyways).

I'd be more inclined to watch it than what i am hearing about what it currently is (ignoring the fact that it's behind a paywall for me anyways).
Damn paying for things walls..

The fun part, I don't think they need to, nor should, in order to be good. Any time a show or story requires me to just say, "okay sure" it loses me more and more.

Season 1 had me saying "okay sure" a lot.

But I do agree to rely on the characters and existing story to hold viewers while the show makes changes to established canon and storytelling, is a good way to piss off the audience.

Man, if they only pandered to fans.. even a little. It could be good again!
Rise of Skywalker was all fan service pander. Mando Season 3 was all pander. I didn't love them. But that's for a different thread

The fun part, I don't think they need to, nor should, in order to be good. Any time a show or story requires me to just say, "okay sure" it loses me more and more.

Season 1 had me saying "okay sure" a lot.

But I do agree to rely on the characters and existing story to hold viewers while the show makes changes to established canon and storytelling, is a good way to piss off the audience.

Rise of Skywalker was all fan service pander. Mando Season 3 was all pander. I didn't love them. But that's for a different thread
Interesting on the Star Wars movies. Because all Rise and Mando season 3 did was tick off the hard core fans for messing tons of crap up and doing things that don’t make any sense. So if they were trying to pander. They failed miserably…

Interesting on the Star Wars movies. Because all Rise and Mando season 3 did was tick off the hard core fans for messing tons of crap up and doing things that don’t make any sense. So if they were trying to pander. They failed miserably…
They did fail to make good product. I'm not arguing that. But to have the big twist in Rise being a fan theory from Force Awakens was bad.

I have heard that the Halo show has master chief removing his helmet on the regular.

That is just completely unacceptable.
smackdown live what GIF by WWE

Back