Have you ever done an email purge?

That post

aka GolfOrElse
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Boycotting
This probably doesn’t reply to those responsible email folks but for those of us who have over 10k emails in our gmail or other accounts have you ever done a complete dump?

I did last week and it was quite liberating. Now everyday I go in there and take the steps to unsubscribe from all the junk email lists that cluttered my inbox for the past decade.

It’s amazing some of the completely random marketing emails I may or may not have signed up to.

So many golf company emails too… gone. If I need to know about a deal or product it’s almost always posted here. I don’t need those annoying constant emails.

It feels good hitting unsubscribe on all emails I never even open. Getting back to an empty email box everyday is very therapeutic too.

I figure in about a month I will have weeded out all the BS marketing emails and maybe just be down to the stuff I want to see.

Anyone done this before how did it make you feel?

1706384455676.png

I have been doing the the exercise. It wasn't a complete dump, it was a search and destroy dump selective junk purge.
I've dropped an easy 8k pieces out of the mailbox.

I still get emails I know I unsubbed from.

I think at this point, I’d just make up a new email address and start fresh

I am email zero inbox every single day.
Respond to everything that needs a response generally with in 1 hour. Anything that needs saving is in labeled folders. Those get removed as they become less relevant.

I often unsubscribe from stuff but I rarely delete unless it’s something I know I absolutely don’t need. It’s come in handy more than once when I needed to track down older info.

I still get emails I know I unsubbed from.

I think at this point, I’d just make up a new email address and start fresh
But I’ve had this email since the gmail beta days. I can’t just ditch it at this point it’s my identity everywhere

I periodically go through and get rid of cruft in the inbox. I've unsubscribed from basically everything, I hate marketing e-mails and they get deleted before I even read them. I currently have 25 emails in my combined inboxes, and a few of them will be cleaned out soon.

I have a very annoying situation. Someone with the same name as me (really bizarre if you knew my name) has a Gmail account and so do I. I have a "." between my first name and last name while he doesn't, in the email address. Because of this I often get emails meant for him. I just report them as spam and unsubscribe. Some of the emails make me laugh like invitations to weddings, work meetings and the latest is a subscription to Duolingo. All get reported as spam. :)

He's in the US too so I get emails asking to support governor such and such and I have no idea who these people are.

But I’ve had this email since the gmail beta days. I can’t just ditch it at this point it’s my identity everywhere
Same, cause that would be a disaster to fully delete everything. But, eesh that would be nice.

I have to have a zero inbox daily. I hate seeing unopened emails. I unsubbed from A TON a while back.

Same, cause that would be a disaster to fully delete everything. But, eesh that would be nice.
I just looked it up and the gmail beta started in 2004. I’ve had this email address for 20 years 😳

I’ll admit I got a little sweaty when I hit the delete button but
bucket yolo GIF

I just looked it up and the gmail beta started in 2004. I’ve had this email address for 20 years 😳

bucket yolo GIF
I don’t even know how long I’ve had Gmail, to be honest

I stay on top of my inbox. Only keep the emails I want prioritized in the inbox. Have unsubscribed to much.

I’m really starting to question if I’m the weird one…

All of you guys are so put together with your clean inboxes. 🤣

I aim for zero, though im rarely at zero (usually small handful). Everything is deleted or foldered and only the items I still need to get to are in the inbox.

I have thousands upon thousands of unread emails.
I would love to but I don’t even know where to begin to purge. It’s absolutely overwhelming. So I just ignore it.

I have thousands upon thousands of unread emails.
I would love to but I don’t even know where to begin to purge. It’s absolutely overwhelming. So I just ignore it.
You do like I did. Select them all, hold your breath, close your eyes, and hit delete

bucket yolo GIF

I don’t even know how long I’ve had Gmail, to be honest
I got gmail when a friend with it had to invite you. Was that the Beta version?

I am email zero inbox every single day.
Respond to everything that needs a response generally with in 1 hour. Anything that needs saving is in labeled folders. Those get removed as they become less relevant.

At my old job i was like that, i was famous for it LOL. I wouldn't even take a lunch if i had an unread email

With my job now i just can't keep up, i'm at like 7000 emails in my box lol

I got gmail when a friend with it had to invite you. Was that the Beta version?
Oh man, I don’t even remember that being a thing either.

I've not gone complete, but have done major house keeping on several accounts.. feels great.

Back