Hello Again - For the first time

mhuelsman131

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all you THP'ers - I never actually posted here in the check in desk when I first joined way back in dec 2010 so I figured now is a good a time as ever since its been quite a while since I posted on the forums. Shot my lowest round ever: 74 (+2) last weekend and that has me really motivated to finally break that par barrier and get back here on the forums.

I'm 24 now and just getting into my 4th year of serious golf. Played sparingly growing up, partially thanks to the terrible winters up here in CT and partially because my family was never that big into golf. I played probably once or twice a year with the old man but really caught the bug in college. My two roommates and I would head down to the local par 3 and zip around, more goofing off in the sun than anything, but I was hooked. Took some lessons and got to the range.

I was really playing well at the end of last year, got my handicap down to 7.7 and intended to take more lessons over the winter but was sidelined with a grade 3 ankle sprain for 2 full months. All I could do was putt on my birdieball mat (which I found thanks to lurking on the site here) and felt pretty good entering the 2012 season, especially since I was able to join my local muni for a great price. Unfortunately, my scores werent what I hoped they would be, and the biggest culprit was my putting.

Enter the Odyssey Metal X #7. GAMECHANGER. I'll post more in that thread but that club single handedly renewed my hunger to get out there and put up low scores.

Look forward to interacting with all you guys and gals again on this great site. - Mike H.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome "officially" to the forum Mike and congrats on the career low!

:welcome:

Belated welcome to THP! haha

Welcome to THP!!

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome to THP

welcome to THP congrats on the great round

welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Nice to meet you again!

Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome back to THP!