Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Man, where to start!?

If you know and remember me, I’ll just say I sincerely hope you are doing well. If not, my name is Ryan and I used to spend a lot of time here. Pleased to meet you!

I’m thrilled to se THP is better than I left it. I’m not surprised at all.

Other than the occasional round, I’ve not played golf or been involved with it for almost seven years now - until recently that is. Crazy to say that, considering I was so deeply involved in the industry, but I think I just burnt myself out. My kids and family also jumped to the front of the priority line and I just needed to step back. Way back it seems. I apologize to any of you that I lost contact with. Many of you were what I consider dear friends and I probably should have done better at that, but we all know how it goes. Enough of that though.

I’ve spent the last seven years really involved in coaching my son in baseball. That’s been a huge blessing, as it’s given us something to bond around. We just wrapped up his 12U season - he’ll be 13 next month. He’s a really good kid with a great personality and solid morals. I’m dipping my toes into coaching my daughter in softball next. She’s 9 now and is a little genius. She’s too much like me at times, but we work through that 🙃 Still very happily married to my amazing wife Erica.

My son took an interest in golf and I slowly started to join him. Very slowly at first, but we’ve played a lot lately now that baseball has slowed down a bit. My daughter even comes and drives the cart for me sometimes. Unsurprisingly, I’m still really bad at it. I’m really enjoying just playing and spending time with them though. I’m breaking 100 because I can still putt and chip and am slowly seeing some hints of a reasonable swing coming back.

My bag is just like time stopped in 2015 and I’m fine with that. I got rid of most my excess gear a couple years ago, but kept most my favorite stuff. Reading through the forum tells me the industry (and THP) certainly never slowed down. I have lots to catch up on so I don’t sound like an idiot talking about gear.

Still very busy with life in general, so I don’t anticipate playing or posting as much as I did, but I did want to check in and start joining in the conversation. Sorry for the long message. Those who know me know this could be a lot longer though.

65138142-1325-4582-849E-809E242EB2BF.jpeg
1E438901-48DD-4306-B6BE-D7E75344FE91.jpeg

Hey you. Everything about this makes my heart happy.

MY BROTHER!!!

The kids are so big! I’m so damn happy that YOU are happy!

HAWKSTER!!

:welcome: or welcome back I should say.

Didn't get to know you before, but I'm happy to get to know you now!

Welcome back!

Welcome back. Hope you start enjoying golf again.

RYAN, what's up man, so great to get an update, glad to hear all is well, it's amazing how fast time flies!

Welcome back!

Damn, Hawk. Welcome back dude. Good to see you're doing well.

Welcome back.

Welcome back!

Woah!

Looks like everything is going well, which is great to hear, but good to see you around.

@Hawk !!!!!

Man, this post made my day.

I can completely relate to your update - I’ve been President of a youth fastpitch softball travel club for the past few years and have been coaching my daughter‘s softball team. Hit me up if you have any questions about softball vs baseball…I’m your man.

Welcome back!

Awesome to see you back Ryan!!! 👏🍻

Welcome back @Hawk !!!!

Hey you. Everything about this makes my heart happy.

MY BROTHER!!!

The kids are so big! I’m so damn happy that YOU are happy!

HAWKSTER!!

James! I’m glad to see you are doing well and doing what you love! It’s inspirational my friend!

Welcome back! Enjoy the kiddos!

Omg omg omg

This is one of the best posts on this forum in a long time.

Great to see you thriving Ryan.

Joe! I thought about you when I started (and quit) Stronglifts again. Joints are not interested in participating any more. I’m in pretty good shape though - just have to do it a different way now

RYAN, what's up man, so great to get an update, glad to hear all is well, it's amazing how fast time flies!

Welcome back!

Thanks Kyel

@Hawk !!!!!

Man, this post made my day.

I can completely relate to your update - I’ve been President of a youth fastpitch softball travel club for the past few years and have been coaching my daughter‘s softball team. Hit me up if you have any questions about softball vs baseball…I’m your man.

Welcome back!

Thank you! Might take you up on that after we get rolling in a few weeks. I was thinking about you recently when I pulled out that divot tool you sent me years ago. Great memory.

Dan, your YouTube content is really, really good. You should be proud of that. Hope all is well!

Welcome back, nice to meet you!

Back