Hello from The Azores!

AF-ATC-MIKEECHO

Reaction score
Handicap
Ungodly hi
What's going on everybody?
im a relatively noob to golf, been playing for about a year. I recently got my first set of real clubs, all callaway (razr x black 1,3,5 and razr x HL irons). I had been playing with a set of kunans that were from the mid 90's with the composite shafts that were splintered, so every time I hit a ball it didn't go far, and killed my hands! My highest score so far is a 99 at the only course on the island, but that was only my second round with the new clubs, so I'm hoping to get better.
I'm an air traffic controller in the air force, stationed on a tiny island called terceira, part of an island chain called the Azores, in the middle of the Atlantic. The Azores belong to Portugal, they're kind of like portugal's puerto Rico I guess. Anyways, love this site, been a lurker for a while so decided it was time to introduce myself

*edit* shoulda prolly said my name is Matt, mike echo is my operating initials for ATC, thinking about it now, I should have come up with a better user id

Welcome to the forum Mike!

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome to THP

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk

Welcome to Paradise! My family immigrated for Terceira and Sao Miguel 2 generations ago. I'm planning to get over there in about 2 years for a tour of the island.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!!

Tango Hotel Alpha November Kilo Sierra

Foxtrot Oscar Romeo

Yankee Oscar Uniform Kilo Romeo

Sierra Echo Romeo Victor India Charlie Echo

Welcome to thp

Welcome! My grandfather immigrated to the States many moons ago from the Azores...

Welcome to THP Mike! Glad to have you here, and thank you for serving in the worlds greatest Air Force!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome, Matt. Spent 21+ years in and passed through there a few times on trips back and forth to Aviano.

I would imagine you play in some pretty good wind there.

Welcome to :thp: Matt aka Mike Echo!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the best golf site on the Internet Mike! You'll love it here.

Squawk 1200, change to advisory frequency approved. :)

Do they still "bull fight" there? Meaning tie a long rope to a bull and "walk" him through the streets? Then see how any people get in his way.

Not saying I've ever done that, or fell off someone's nice rock fence when a bull came crashing through.

Anyway, welcome to THP!, this place is awesome, filled with awesome people.

Welcome!

Welcome to Paradise Matt!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP Matt !

Thank you for your service !!!

Welcome to THP, to the game and Thank you for your service!

:welcome: glad to have you aboard Matt.

welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Thank you for your service!

Back