Home of the Unofficial Armpit Cup - North vs South Jersey

im all for having some extra talent on the south squad but in all fairness if he shoots in the 70s then he's definitely not a 10

We may have to do some tinkering. Was this South Jersey's plan all along. Tell people the wrong date then pack the team with ringers?

South is loaded with players. Doesn't matter who shows up.

South is loaded with players. Doesn't matter who shows up.

They are loaded with something alright...

1c72985.jpg

Yes, playing it "down" means as it lies and no rolling or improving it. Playing it "up", means you can roll it, lift it, clean it and place it. Playing it "up in your fairway" means you can only improve your lie in the fairway of the hole you're playing. If you're in the rough or in the fairway of #8 when you're playing #6, you can't touch it.

I'm still a tad confused with this. I understand am extra muddy situation or something like that, but to simply allow for everyone to roll any ball in the fairway to a better lie? is this normal practice even in non official competition? I don't play any organized competitive golf but even just my casual rounds (which is all I play) I play my ball as it lies. I'm game for whatever but play it as it lies is pretty basic golf no?

I'm still a tad confused with this. I understand am extra muddy situation or something like that, but to simply allow for everyone to roll any ball in the fairway to a better lie? is this normal practice even in non official competition? I don't play any organized competitive golf but even just my casual rounds (which is all I play) I play my ball as it lies. I'm game for whatever but play it as it lies is pretty basic golf no?

It isn't rolling to a new spot. You mark the ball, pick it up clean it and place it back down at the spot.

I cannot believe how many rules questions the haven been in this thread.

Come on people....there is a toilet up for grabs here and not to mention the bragging rights of the whole great state of NJ are on the line...lets get to it

Wes is right. North Jersey, I have some advice for you...
Lake7par4.jpg

Bring lots of golf balls!!!
dual-flush-toilet-bowl-thumb-550xauto-49243.jpg

I hope someone in our group has played this course before..and doesn't lie about where to hit the ball haha

I hope someone in our group has played this course before..and doesn't lie about where to hit the ball haha

I just cant wait to see you introduce yourself to everyone as The Chosen One

Mikebender and I will be arriving no later than 10.

We may have to do some tinkering. Was this South Jersey's plan all along. Tell people the wrong date then pack the team with ringers?

Ha! I assure you this isn't the case. If it were, I would've been the first guy tricked into thinking we're playing on Saturday!

so who's gonna be our announcer on the first tee? think we can snag Ivor Robson who does all the British Opens? Ha

so who's gonna be our announcer on the first tee? think we can snag Ivor Robson who does all the British Opens? Ha

I'd say someone from your group since it's the last one out.

Come on people....there is a toilet up for grabs here and not to mention the bragging rights of the whole great state of NJ are on the line...lets get to it

I thought north jersey already is a toilet ahhmm, ahmmm sorry I meant to say had one. ..........no, Really I did :)

How's that? is that better?

Hey BTW I know it was mentioned but not sure if determined yet. Have tees definitely been decided? Blur or Gold I assume?
Gold looks to be about 3300 for each 9,
Blue about 3100.

I thought north jersey already is a toilet ahhmm, ahmmm sorry I meant to say had one. ..........no, Really I did :)

How's that? is that better?

Hey BTW I know it was mentioned but not sure if determined yet. Have tees definitely been decided? Blur or Gold I assume?
Gold looks to be about 3300 for each 9,
Blue about 3100.

Gold on the odd holes, except on the holes with prime numbers. On those holes we will play the blues on the holes where the wind is in our face and blacks when the wind is behind us. On the even holes, it is Silver and green, alternating depending on which group you tee off in.

Wes is right. North Jersey, I have some advice for you...
Lake7par4.jpg

Bring lots of golf balls!!!
dual-flush-toilet-bowl-thumb-550xauto-49243.jpg

So...no driver on this hole for me. 5 iron, 9 iron, putter (in a perfect world)!

Gold on the odd holes, except on the holes with prime numbers. On those holes we will play the blues on the holes where the wind is in our face and blacks when the wind is behind us. On the even holes, it is Silver and green, alternating depending on which group you tee off in.

Makes sense

I like your thought process Joe

PGG is ACole really a 10? Not from I am hearing ha. #ringerwithahighcap

He has never shot even par and has broken 80 twice. He shot 87 last weekend. The myth is bigger than reality here.

But only while the moon is up in the southwest sky. After that moves away we switch to even holes on orange tees, skipping the odd holes providing its sunny only to return and then play them from the Golds. If its cloudy we simply play the even holes twice and divide by each greens diameter times 2.4% and minus the speed of the wind and the resulting numbers are the holes we play from the Blues. But that's all only before 1pm. After 1pm we must switch the formula in reverse unless it is still sunny in which case we just times by 2.6% instead of the 2.4 and play the holes accordingly.

Also, the file I made is a PDF, if anyone has trouble with that, but still wants the yardage book, just let me know, and I'll try to convert it to a Word document.

Back