Hopefully finding a new home!

flylear45

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi y'all. My name is Jim Franks and I live in NE OHIO a few minutes from Boulder Creek, where I see you are having an event this year!

I joined my first golf forum a few years ago, Secret in the Dirt, and I have been there since just after it started. Long story short, the site is in decline and is just an unmoderated jungle of trolls and negativity, and I need a change of pace. That's the most and the last I will say about that.

I really wanted to find a place to continue to chronicle my journey in this fantastic game and share it's ups and downs with like-minded people.

I play most of the time at Riverview GC in Braceville where there is a lot of great camaraderie and some decent players to boot. I am only fair as a golfer, but I work hard to get better and love to compete.

I carry a 6.6 in the Riverview games, but need to establish a legit travelling handicap this year. My last year in the county tournaments I scored mid-80's and was pretty disappointed. I did have my PB of the year in the club championship and shot 1-under the second day, so that was exciting!

One of the first things I notice and like about this site is that you all talk about playing as much as swing mechanics, and I really think that is important to actually improving. I've been beaten by a lot of ugly swings and beaten better swings than mine. It's a mixture of things that make for a good competitive player IMHO, and you guys and gals seem to get that from what I see.

In my job I get to travel and play courses all over, and would like to invite members to hook up for a game on the road when I blow into town. I've met a ton of nice people this way.

In my way of thinking, the game tends to attract a person who plays by the rules and has respect for tradition, and I rarely meet a person I don't like on the golf course.

I work with am instructor online out of Austin TX named Matt Christian. He's a great guy and a good instructor for me. He helped me get from 11 to 6.6 last year and we hope for good things to come this year. I took my first in person lesson last month and it was awesome.

That's about it for the intro. I look forward to meeting you online and maybe in person.

Jim

Welcome to THP Jim, I think you'll like it here!

Welcome. Thats a heck of a handicap drop! And we are playing boulder tomorrow if you are interested.
.we have a large OH group so odds are if you ever want to get out someone will be available

Welcome!!!

Welcome Jim!

Welcome Jim. I'm down here in Akron. We are playing Boulder Creek tomorrow also. A lot of us in this area

What time are you guys going off? Do you have any openings or are your groups set?

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP.
We are having an event in Ohio in a few months.
Have a couple in the midwest this year, that are going to be very special.

Wow. I am already floored by the welcome. I already feel at home after 5 minutes! LOL

Welcome to THP!

What time are you guys going off? Do you have any openings or are your groups set?
We're starting at 930 and have room if you like to join

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Jim...good times ahead

Welcome to the forum. A shame you have to be associated with the losing side of the THP event a few minutes from you.

Welcome to THP Jim. Actually playing at Boulder Creek tomorrow.

Well yeah! I'm in!

Thank you very much for the invitation. It's great to be able to get out and knock off some rust this early in the year, right?

Well yeah! I'm in!

Thank you very much for the invitation. It's great to be able to get out and knock off some rust this early in the year, right?

Always. A good group of THPers out there.

Welcome to the forum. A shame you have to be associated with the losing side of the THP event a few minutes from you.

Ok I see what it's going to be like. LOL I play with a Michigan guy in the weekend game at Riverview. It's always a never ending story. But with a sad ending....for him.

Well yeah! I'm in!

Awesome well that was quick! See you tomorrow.

Welcome to THP!

Ok I see what it's going to be like. LOL I play with a Michigan guy in the weekend game at Riverview. It's always a never ending story. But with a sad ending....for him.
Comes out guns blazing! I like it. Welcome to THP, you'll fit right in.

Welcome to THP Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well yeah! I'm in!

Awesome man see u there

Back