How often do you scrub your clubs?

YetiLooper

Reaction score
Handicap
Just wondering how often people scrub their clubs, and I mean a good soapy bath,clean the grooves dry them off and give them a solid once over.

Personally I brush the grooves after most shots and give them a good washing maybe every 5 rounds or so, unless it was a beaver pelt kinda day.

The deep cleanings probably don't nearly enough. Maybe once a season? I do wipe them down during and after rounds, though.

After every round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After every round for me as well.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

You sir are a better man than I!

To valuable for them to be dirty.

Sadly I have to sit here and stare at them and not be able to swing... At least they are sparkling clean.

A full wash you say? Honestly I am very ritual with them. At least once a week. Usually after every round. I am actuay cleaning my clubs right now in between posts since tonight was the last night of leagues. If I don't have the time to clean after each round I do clean at least once a week, and I mean deep clean, scrub, dry, rescrub and let dry before I cover and replace in my bag. It has become a very relaxing ritual where I clean my clubs and think about my round and how I could have improved it.

Likewise, After every round and a good range session. I clean mine with WD40. Spray clubs, leave them to soak for a few minutes, clean out groves with a small brush, rub of a sponge and dried off with an old towel. The shafts would get a wipe down and check the condition of the grips.
It's better then watch soap, after soap opera on TV.

I brush and/or towel after every shot. So I don't need to clean that much. Every 1 1/2 months or so I clean grip to head and rearrange my whole bag.

I wipe them after every shot before going back into the bag but i just did a good soapy clean on them 2 weeks ago, that was the first times for quite a few months. When i used to give them a good wash my next round was always a bad one, so i stopped it for a while. I know it was all in my head haha.

Almost never. If the club gets dirty on a shot I wipe it before putting it back and I clean the grooves before a shot. Last rounds of the season are usually wet enough that just wiping after the shots make them clean enough for storing. Only if the round was exceptionally muddy I wash the clubs, or if I feel that the grips need washing, I might wash the clubs, too. I did that maybe two years ago, I change the grips often enough and have dry hands so I seldom need to do that.

I see my clubs as tools. If the performance is affected (dirt on the face or grooves, risk of corrosion, slick grips) I do something, but I couldn't care less about the appearance.

I play with a wet towel to keep the clubs and ball clean and then I clean my clubs after every round.

When they need it. More so when it's wet obviously and sometimes I'll let it slide if it was a good round. Want them to remember

Full on scrub about once a month, I try to keep them wiped down during rounds so they are never very dirty anyway. I keep Gripes in my bag and wipe the grips down whenever they start to look dirty or start to lose their tackiness.

Probably once evry coule weeks.

Wife off the faces and dig out debris with a tee if need be after every shot. Full cleaning about once a month.

Rarely. Dirt doesn't hurt.

I keep the grooves clear though.

After every round. I usually clean them off after shots too

Pretty much every round for me. The grass section at my local range has buckets & brushes there, which is very helpful as well.

I let the boys at the course take care of them, they are pretty good at cleaning them after every round/practice session

never. wipe down and brush the face and grooves as need be. use fluid film on the shafts and heads about once a month. wipe down the grips weekly

at the end of the round I give the bag room guy 5 bucks to clean them, that is pretty much the most cleaning they see

Likewise, After every round and a good range session. I clean mine with WD40. Spray clubs, leave them to soak for a few minutes, clean out groves with a small brush, rub of a sponge and dried off with an old towel. The shafts would get a wipe down and check the condition of the grips.
It's better then watch soap, after soap opera on TV.
I'm not sure I'd use WD-40. I'd be concerned about it breaking down the epoxy over time, but I don't know if it actually would or not. Have you been doing it for a while with no negative results?

Never. The only time they get cleaned is when I play at some clubs around here and the cart guys clean them after the round.

My clubs get a full treatment once a week. They don't need it but I'm just OCD about it.

Back