Glad to see you back Jeff and happy to hear that life is treating you well man.

Glad to see you back around! Sounds like life is pretty good though, so that's great. Happy for you!

Welcome back!

Welcome back, keep at the teacher work we will be here when you have the time. I can't imagine not having textbooks, it has to get better after you get in the groove.

Welcome back! I hope you're able to get textbooks soon.

Welcome back to the family.

My wife says that your students need to have an interactive notebook and they can glue in the worksheets and take notes within the notebook. Check the notebook every two weeks for a grade and believe me it will save you lots of paper.

I do something similar, but they really struggle with it. I definitely think it is good for them, as their organization skills are quite bad, it just doesn't work too well. There are just so many worksheets it's insane. Unfortunately I don't really have any other options.

Welcome back. Have you considered using the Kahn Academy as a resource? I've heard that schools are starting to use it as their source for math/algebra. Of course your students would have to either have a notebook or laptop or a computer at home at the minimum. I use it to refresh my memory when helping my boys with algebra, geometry, trig, calc.

Oh I use Kahn academy quite often and LOVE it. Occasionally we can use iPads (they are shared with multiple classes, so they aren't always available) and that is what they usually do with them.

bth_welcome-back.gif
Glad things are getting better, good to see you again JConn.

JConn, I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm teaching at a new school this year and have been beyond busy (which has resulted in much less time on THP). It's very different from my old school and as a result there's virtually nothing I can use from my old school. It's pretty much wake up, go to work, come home and sleep, haha. Things have gotten a little lighter lately but still very busy. Definitely can relate to not being able to plan ahead and taking it week by week. But like you said, it's great to have a job!

JConn!! Hey buddy, I literally was just thinking about you, wondering how you were doing and was going to contact you about getting a PDX foursome together for a tee time. I'm sorry to hear about that craziness but glad to hear it is coming from otherwise good news. BTW, are you teaching in Portland or Vancouver?

JConn!! Hey buddy, I literally was just thinking about you, wondering how you were doing and was going to contact you about getting a PDX foursome together for a tee time. I'm sorry to hear about that craziness but glad to hear it is coming from otherwise good news. BTW, are you teaching in Portland or Vancouver?

Thanks Frank. I am teaching in Vancouver. I would love to get together for a round depending on the day & time. I've played two rounds in the last 3 months, so I'm definitely itching to play. Hopefully we can figure out a time/day that works. Hope all is well with you and your family buddy.

JConn, I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm teaching at a new school this year and have been beyond busy (which has resulted in much less time on THP). It's very different from my old school and as a result there's virtually nothing I can use from my old school. It's pretty much wake up, go to work, come home and sleep, haha. Things have gotten a little lighter lately but still very busy. Definitely can relate to not being able to plan ahead and taking it week by week. But like you said, it's great to have a job!

Your schedule sounds like mine. Lol. I'm glad it's getting a little lighter for you as well. Hopefully we can make some good progress during Thanksgiving break so the following weeks go a little smoother. That's my plan anyways, we'll see how much work I get done on the break!

Good to see you back!

Making 12,000 copies sounds ridiculous.

Welcome back Jeff! Good see you around again and hopefully our paths cross again soon.

Your schedule sounds like mine. Lol. I'm glad it's getting a little lighter for you as well. Hopefully we can make some good progress during Thanksgiving break so the following weeks go a little smoother. That's my plan anyways, we'll see how much work I get done on the break!

I plan on doing some work over Thanksgiving as well. Definitely want to find a balance because enjoying the break and time off is a must!

good to see you back JConn glad we got a chance to catch up the other week but congrats again on the new job bro and i'm glad you're doing well.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the comments! This has been a great weekend. I'm back on THP and I might play 9 holes this afternoon with my dad. Nice little break from the stress.

Glad to have you back JConn! Life gets busy sometimes, not much can be done. I've finally recently been able to slow down and get back to my THPing as usual, hope to see you in here more often! I hate math (go figure, I just finished my accounting degree) so I don't envy your non-textbook teaching at all. Good luck with everything and I hope life slows down for you a little bit here soon

Welcome back Jconn...glad things are going good for you in your new job!

Back