Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Anyone else REALLY enjoy Indian food? I’m a BIG Vindaloo fan, of course, I can do Tikka Masala as well.

One of my favorite cuisines. I was just talking last night how I wish we had a really good Indian restaurant by us. There are plenty around within a 15 min drive but the one right by us went way downhill Asher Covid. I’m not even sure if they are open anymore.

Yessssssss. Also just watched the Ted Lasso episode where he has Indian food for the first time. Almost as good as actually eating Indian food 😆

It’s fine as a change up every once in awhile. But I’m never really blown away with it nor seek it out.

Absolutely. I love good Indian food and we're lucky we have a new Indian restaurant that opened about 15 minutes away.

Last edited:
Oh yea....used to go out for Indian at least once a week. I learned how to make it pretty good too.

• Staff
One of my favorite cuisines. I was just talking last night how I wish we had a really good Indian restaurant by us. There are plenty around within a 15 min drive but the one right by us went way downhill Asher Covid. I’m not even sure if they are open anymore.
We have a hole in the wall that is in an ethnic grocery store for the international college students that is INCREDIBLE.

• Staff
Oh yea....used to go out for Indian at least once a week. I learned how to make it pretty good too.
Same! I’ve got a couple really good Insta Pot recipes

Love it. Biryani is amazing

Yessssssss. Also just watched the Ted Lasso episode where he has Indian food for the first time. Almost as good as actually eating Indian food 😆
YES! The heat is real when it’s done right

YES! The heat is real when it’s done right
I’m committed to trying hot next time we go to our favorite place. It will likely be a mistake, but worth it!

Huge fan, if done well. Love a good tikka masala.

I wish I was able to cook it at home, every time I’ve tried it’s been less then great.

I’m committed to trying hot next time we go to our favorite place. It will likely be a mistake, but worth it!
Hahaha, it’s a good bad mistake

The local one here, the medium lights me up, and I like hot, so I’m scared to go hot or extra hot haha

Huge fan, if done well. Love a good tikka masala.

I wish I was able to cook it at home, every time I’ve tried it’s been less then great.
I need to find the recipe I’ve got, it’s the closest I’ve gotten

I need to find the recipe I’ve got, it’s the closest I’ve gotten
If you find it, share it. I’ve just never been able to recreate a good one.

We love Indian and have a couple good spots near by. We just had a Curry Pizza place open up around the corner. Never thought of that combo but it’s delicious.

Yes. Local place right next door to my office. Don’t know what I’m eating half the time when I go in but it’s all sure delicious

Anyone else REALLY enjoy Indian food? I’m a BIG Vindaloo fan, of course, I can do Tikka Masala as well.
Love Indian food. Vindaloo is great, jalfrezi as well. Spicer the curries are the more I enjoy them

Ha! Finally!!! A decent subject. I’ll upset everyone straight off by saying Indian food in the US is like Mexican food in the UK, on the whole awful. I’ve only managed to find one half decent place up in San Francisco. Thankfully, my wife has realized for hunger for decent Indian and now makes a bloody amazing curry. She makes her own Garam Masala and her dishes are not far off what I see to get back home. Dish of choice, Jalfrezi with a keema naan on the side!

Ha! Finally!!! A decent subject. I’ll upset everyone straight off by saying Indian food in the US is like Mexican food in the UK, on the whole awful. I’ve only managed to find one half decent place up in San Francisco. Thankfully, my wife has realized for hunger for decent Indian and now makes a bloody amazing curry. She makes her own Garam Masala and her dishes are not far off what I see to get back home. Dish of choice, Jalfrezi with a keema naan on the side!
That’s not always true, at least not here with a heavy international college population.

Same! I’ve got a couple really good Insta Pot recipes

I cook naan in my pizza oven! I actually just had tikka masala a few days ago

Tiki Masala is about the extent of my indian food knowledge. I like it, don't eat it very often

Butter chicken.
Home made chicken lentil curry with coconut milk.
Aloo Gobi.
I love Indian cuisine, as well as Midddle Eastern cuisine.
The Detroit area has more Arabs than anywhere but the Middle East. Chicken Schwarma joints are seemingly on every other corner. Tasty, healthy, great food. Kind of like how London is with Indian food.

Back