Holy crap jitzy. That's pretty lame. I got a confirmation screen when I ordered but not email for about 3 hours. I got nervous but printed the confirmation number and crossed my fingers.

I'm not understanding how it changed your plan though.

Glad I was able to get my 64gb plus last night in less then ten minutes. Figured they would sell like hot cakes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap jitzy. That's pretty lame. I got a confirmation screen when I ordered but not email for about 3 hours. I got nervous but printed the confirmation number and crossed my fingers.

I'm not understanding how it changed your plan though.

I was was under some promotion and if I change the phone I loose it. Kind of lame since I've been with them for so so long. Businesses don't ever care about existing customers till they leave and if this doesn't get resolved today I'm walking and going elsewhere.

Ughhhhhh on the phone with them an hour just now, they suck. Still trying to resolve this but found out that since they are charging me $400 for the phone I will loose whatever promotion I have with them and my bill will go up by $25 a month plus tax but if I do the installment it's going up $35

they just called me as I was typing this and told me they cancelled the first order (the one I should of gotten next week) and are processing the 2nd order the one they are filling next month. They are idiots, I ordered this damn thing at 3:06 (first order) now I'm getting punished cause their website didn't show the order last night. My ATT plan that "Lilly" always talks about in her comercial for a family of 4 for less than $170 a month is gonna now cost me around $275 for 3 of us with 2 iPads.

Dude....Is this new phone worth an extra $500 a year on top of the cost of the phone? That sounds astronomical to me and I would consider changing carriers or sticking with my hardware.

Ughhhhhh on the phone with them an hour just now, they suck. Still trying to resolve this but found out that since they are charging me $400 for the phone I will loose whatever promotion I have with them and my bill will go up by $25 a month plus tax but if I do the installment it's going up $35

they just called me as I was typing this and told me they cancelled the first order (the one I should of gotten next week) and are processing the 2nd order the one they are filling next month. They are idiots, I ordered this damn thing at 3:06 (first order) now I'm getting punished cause their website didn't show the order last night. My ATT plan that "Lilly" always talks about in her comercial for a family of 4 for less than $170 a month is gonna now cost me around $275 for 3 of us with 2 iPads.

It's not just with the iPhone, they did the same thing to me when I upgraded my wifes phone a few months back. They are moving towards doing away with 2 year contract plans and moving to the installment plans so if you want the 2 year contract you are basically being penalized for it. Its ridiculous.

It's not just with the iPhone, they did the same thing to me when I upgraded my wifes phone a few months back. They are moving towards doing away with 2 year contract plans and moving to the installment plans so if you want the 2 year contract you are basically being penalized for it. Its ridiculous.
And your still being locked in for 2 years

Weird about the plans. I was able to keep mine and sign a new 2 year agreement.

I'd say that will go away, as will grandfathered unlimited data, before I get my next phone.

Wow they didn't handle that very well at all! Costing you more money in the end.

I'm going to do what I have the past few years and make believe my 4 is a brand new phone after installing the new iOS. lol I love kidding myself like that.

I did mine last night and got to stick with 2 year plan, no problem.

I wouldn't do Next just because I don't want to "lease" my phone essentially.

I'm going to do what I have the past few years and make believe my 4 is a brand new phone after installing the new iOS. lol I love kidding myself like that.

iOS8 isn't officially supported for the 4 so you might actually have to buy a new phone this time. It's available for the 4S upwards, although the info I've been given says installing onto a 4S will slow down the phone fairly significantly.

I did mine last night and got to stick with 2 year plan, no problem.

I wouldn't do Next just because I don't want to "lease" my phone essentially.
Probably because you have been paying the $30 all along, like I said I'm under some promotion and if I upgrade my phone they punish me by taking off the promotion.

Actually on hold with them again right now since they charged me for the second phone I ordered with a ship date of 21-28 days and was told it was expected to ship November 21

apologies if this has already been covered, but if not i found this little exchange interesting today. i have an iphone 5 that is sufficiently fast, but battery life is awful. yes, i'm aware of the free battery swap, but i am more keenly aware of a newly released iphone 6! i just logged onto at&t and had an online chat with a rep.

1- not so interesting, but if you are one of the lucky souls to be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, upgrading will not affect you. never been an issue in the past, but i'm holding my breath until they stop letting us do this. so, get a new iphone at a discount and still have unlimited data since i'm eligible for upgrade.

2- more interesting. at&t is running a promotion through september 30 where if you trade in your existing iphone (4 or newer), you'll get a $200 credit toward an iphone 6 or 6+ ($300 credit if older gen). then i noticed that the new phone isn't scheduled to ship until early november. which begs the question: how can i trade in my phone when i don't have my new phone yet? well, simply pay the full price (retail less renewal savings), then when your phone ships bring in your old phone and get, wait for it, a gift card ONLY GOOD FOR AT&T GOODS AND SERVICES. i haven't researched further to determine whether that gift card can be used to pay a cell phone bill, but i doubt it. sneaky sneaky!

Probably because you have been paying the $30 all along, like I said I'm under some promotion and if I upgrade my phone they punish me by taking off the promotion.

Actually on hold with them again right now since they charged me for the second phone I ordered with a ship date of 21-28 days and was told it was expected to ship November 21

I obviously don't know the details of your account, but it sounds very much like a Next issue that I've been reading about the last few weeks. They were giving those folks some $25 credit each month for joining up on he Next program. The thing that I didn't like was that I didn't want to then pay around $25/month for each of our phones, only to have to turn them in in a year or 18 months to get a new one. I kept seeing where people had done the math and you could save by doing it, but it just wasn't jiving with me. In top of that, I still have unlimited data and would lose it of I switch to the Next service.

I'm afraid you've got a long night ahead of you. These call center reps are not usually the sharpest knives in the drawer. You'll get more misinformation than you will get correct information.

apologies if this has already been covered, but if not i found this little exchange interesting today. i have an iphone 5 that is sufficiently fast, but battery life is awful. yes, i'm aware of the free battery swap, but i am more keenly aware of a newly released iphone 6! i just logged onto at&t and had an online chat with a rep.

1- not so interesting, but if you are one of the lucky souls to be grandfathered into the unlimited data plan, upgrading will not affect you. never been an issue in the past, but i'm holding my breath until they stop letting us do this. so, get a new iphone at a discount and still have unlimited data since i'm eligible for upgrade.

2- more interesting. at&t is running a promotion through september 30 where if you trade in your existing iphone (4 or newer), you'll get a $200 credit toward an iphone 6 or 6+ ($300 credit if older gen). then i noticed that the new phone isn't scheduled to ship until early november. which begs the question: how can i trade in my phone when i don't have my new phone yet? well, simply pay the full price (retail less renewal savings), then when your phone ships bring in your old phone and get, wait for it, a gift card ONLY GOOD FOR AT&T GOODS AND SERVICES. i haven't researched further to determine whether that gift card can be used to pay a cell phone bill, but i doubt it. sneaky sneaky!

I guess if you got a 4.7 that's in stock and get it Friday you'd be able to use the card for the phone then.

It's mostly just the plus that people are having to wait for.

I still have an old 4 that is not in use so I could trade that one in on a 6 and when it arrives sell the 5.

And I'm on back order... Great....

in regards to #2. From what I was able to research the only way to get the $200 to use at the same time as you purchase the phone is to go in store. online you have to do the whole mail it in and wait on the debit card thing. I could have missed something but I was going to cancel my gazelle trade for the att but found no way to use the trade in towards the purchase of the phone online.

I ordered my 6+ 64gb this morning at 06:45 ET. Verizon have me a 10/7 delivery date. Not sure if that's real or them protecting themselves but that was not even 4 hours after pre ordering started.

I obviously don't know the details of your account, but it sounds very much like a Next issue that I've been reading about the last few weeks. They were giving those folks some $25 credit each month for joining up on he Next program. The thing that I didn't like was that I didn't want to then pay around $25/month for each of our phones, only to have to turn them in in a year or 18 months to get a new one. I kept seeing where people had done the math and you could save by doing it, but it just wasn't jiving with me. In top of that, I still have unlimited data and would lose it of I switch to the Next service.

I'm afraid you've got a long night ahead of you. These call center reps are not usually the sharpest knives in the drawer. You'll get more misinformation than you will get correct information.

They really suck, I was on the phone with them over an hour and a half since my last post. What I had to do was buy the phone for the $399 then when I get it take it to an ATT store and change it to the next if I want to do it that way. Doing the math it saves you about $150 off the price. Really is BS. So then I look on my bank account and now have 3 charges for the phone. One for the phone I canceled and 2 for the original order. Top this all off I just checked the order status and it's expected to ship between 11/9 - 11/27

iOS8 isn't officially supported for the 4 so you might actually have to buy a new phone this time. It's available for the 4S upwards, although the info I've been given says installing onto a 4S will slow down the phone fairly significantly.

lol sweet! :) *sigh* guess I'll just have to buy a 6 then.....

in regards to #2. From what I was able to research the only way to get the $200 to use at the same time as you purchase the phone is to go in store. online you have to do the whole mail it in and wait on the debit card thing. I could have missed something but I was going to cancel my gazelle trade for the att but found no way to use the trade in towards the purchase of the phone online.

sorry, can't figure out how to quote with tapatalk. this is absolutely correct. with att, you cannot use the trade-in when you purchase the phone. you will only receive it when you trade in your old phone in working order and free of major damage. or so the guy I chatted with told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is my understanding too. I am going to be switching to AT&T and upgrade...I work for them (not in retail/mobile) and can check on this for you to see if it's in store to get immediate discount. Might be a couple days since my contact doesn't work Sundays and I won't be able to get there tomorrow.

should be able to do that in the store instant discount???

Back