Journey to Average 30 Putts per Round.

Thanks Breeze. I really am excited about putting in the time for this project. Heck I am retired and there is absolutely no reason I can not reach my goal. I really believe that I can become a great putter and my focus is exactly on that task.

Those thoughts themselves have a great feedforward effect on your performance... I bet you get there!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.314440,-121.934182

Putting. I have made a commitment to myself to practice putting one hour a day four days per week. I have no excuses as I only live a couple miles away and my wife KellyBo works there so we can both practice. If I can commit to this like I do to my gym work (5 - 10 - 15) thread I will become the putter I want to be. One of the golfers stopped and asked me why I was just putting today. I told him my goal was to be one of the best putters at our club. I said in fact I will be in the top two putters and he said, who was the other great putter. I told him whoever was hot the same day I was!

That is wonderful Gray. I know how determined you can be when you set you mind to a task. It is great you can afford the time to reach this goal. I would love to hit the course daily but I gotta work. Unless of course I can move in with you and KB and have you guys support me. Lol.

Tapping my way down the highway

My putting wheels really fell off yesterday. I think I had 40 putts yesterday. That is just sad. I played a course that had really quick greens. I think the courses around here have started to cut the greens shorter because of the cooler weather. I enjoy fast greens, but I just have to get used to them. I really lost my confidence in the first 9 holes and the back putting was really bad. I think I had like 5 three putts. I need to get back to the practice green and work on the putting again.

My putting wheels really fell off yesterday. I think I had 40 putts yesterday. That is just sad. I played a course that had really quick greens. I think the courses around here have started to cut the greens shorter because of the cooler weather. I enjoy fast greens, but I just have to get used to them. I really lost my confidence in the first 9 holes and the back putting was really bad. I think I had like 5 three putts. I need to get back to the practice green and work on the putting again.

i feel your pain DMB... i play such different green speeds a lot really slow or really fast and my putting really suffers youll get back on track. I had a good round yesterday. 31 putts was really happy with my putting but that one 3 putt cost me to reach my goal again!

I haven't been around this thread too much, but I think I count putts differently than most others. I count everything inside of 20 yds of the green as a "putt". The reason for this is that I could have less than 30 putts if I hit no GIR and just have chips.

I guess that means I count short game shots rather than putts because that's what matters to me. I like to have 2 short game shots per hole or so because that tends to keep me shooting pars and having a good day.

Anyone else do something like this?

I haven't been around this thread too much, but I think I count putts differently than most others. I count everything inside of 20 yds of the green as a "putt". The reason for this is that I could have less than 30 putts if I hit no GIR and just have chips.

I guess that means I count short game shots rather than putts because that's what matters to me. I like to have 2 short game shots per hole or so because that tends to keep me shooting pars and having a good day.

that makes sense but for me i like to keep that info seperate. I do keep track of my chips on the card, a circle for a good chip (legitimate 1 putt distance) and a slash for a bad chip. I like to have this info in addition to number of putts because my putting and chipping are not consistently at the same level. I can have a solid chip to 4 feet and blow the putt, and would rather have that go down on the card as 1 good chip and two putts, then just 3 total shots.

might be overkill, but i just like to know exactly where it all fell apart each round!

Haha you sound like me I normally have around 34 but some below the thirties and one round with 26!

that makes sense but for me i like to keep that info seperate. I do keep track of my chips on the card, a circle for a good chip (legitimate 1 putt distance) and a slash for a bad chip. I like to have this info in addition to number of putts because my putting and chipping are not consistently at the same level. I can have a solid chip to 4 feet and blow the putt, and would rather have that go down on the card as 1 good chip and two putts, then just 3 total shots.

might be overkill, but i just like to know exactly where it all fell apart each round!

That actually makes a lot of sense. I'm just a bit lazy. :D

the golf shot app keeps track of putts per round and putts per gir- i try to keep both below 1.6 which equals to about 30 a round. so i can see how im doing with my GIR putting as well as chip and putts. works great for me.

Played my local course this afternoon and ended up with 30 putts. Pretty sure thats a first for me. It was a mix of good putting and chipping. And no three jacks.

the golf shot app keeps track of putts per round and putts per gir- i try to keep both below 1.6 which equals to about 30 a round. so i can see how im doing with my GIR putting as well as chip and putts. works great for me.

Huh I may look into that app. Is it free?

Huh I may look into that app. Is it free?

plus you can friend OEM and find out what putter he was using today for his round!

Played my local course this afternoon and ended up with 30 putts. Pretty sure thats a first for me. It was a mix of good putting and chipping. And no three jacks.

Nice! Are you back with the Black DART and has the iPing helped any?

I'm at 35 average. I need to stop thinking tp much when putting

tapatalk addict....

Nice! Are you back with the Black DART and has the iPing helped any?

DART Vader was back today and pissed about being benched last Thursday. I havent messed around with the iPing app much yet. I did once but just briefly.

DART Vader was back today and pissed about being benched last Thursday. I havent messed around with the iPing app much yet. I did once but just briefly.

nice kev, i love the alignment on the darts just fits my eye well. wasn't thrilled on the feel from the one i hit at GG though. if you start using the Iping i bet you keep your putts down around 30. really has helped me with making my putting consistent cause you can see where you are messing up with tempo or how far your backswing and follow through go for a putt.

nice kev, i love the alignment on the darts just fits my eye well. wasn't thrilled on the feel from the one i hit at GG though. if you start using the Iping i bet you keep your putts down around 30. really has helped me with making my putting consistent cause you can see where you are messing up with tempo or how far your backswing and follow through go for a putt.

See I need to use it again. I tried it just to see what it was about but I need to do it again. I wasnt really sure what was going on the first time. How long have you been using it?

I love the practice feature on the iPing and being able to notice when I had the face open or closed on a particular stroke. I can kind of feel now what a good stroke is and hope to be able to repeat it.

See I need to use it again. I tried it just to see what it was about but I need to do it again. I wasnt really sure what was going on the first time. How long have you been using it?

since the day it came out i preordered mine. my fav thing to do is you can set up different users for it. since im the only one who uses it i have a user for each of my putters and i can see what putter i hit most consistent. it also helps me decide what putter im gonna sell to buy a new one! lol

I love the practice feature on the iPing and being able to notice when I had the face open or closed on a particular stroke. I can kind of feel now what a good stroke is and hope to be able to repeat it.

Exactly! Helps build muscle memory and for visual learners like me it makes it easier to understand

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

I think I did the practice session on the iPing too. Its a really cool app. I was very impressed with just how nice it was and how well it worked. I think tomorrow I'll get the green out and use it some more.

Thought I would bump this back up since I'm still not even close to averaging under 30 putts per round. I will be working really hard on my putting this week, and something I'm going to try is I'm going to extend by Cleveland Classic #1 putter to 36" which is where Seemore thinks I should be in terms of putter length.

I need to stop changing putters all the time too and just pick one and stick with it.

Back