KBS S-Taper Shafts

Looking forward to continued feedback guys.

Wow the black shafts look great with the red KBS label.

Will finally be getting back on the course this weekend to hit the las bad boys! Cannot wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will finally be getting back on the course this weekend to hit the las bad boys! Cannot wait!

Ditto! Was trying to play during the week this week down in Orlando, but didn't work out. Pretty sure I would've died from the heat if I did, so maybe it's a good thing. More feedback coming this weekend.

I can't believe the way I am stopping balls on a dime or backing them up. 8i thru PW are all backing up 1-3 feet for me. That is very uncommon for me and something I didn't see with the Tour V shafts I had before.

I am definitely intrigued to get them in my wedges but I also want new wedges and am not sure they're available without an upgrade charge

Seeing the ball flight you get really makes me want to try them. Not that I can duplicate your swing but they are a definite ponder.

Seeing the ball flight you get really makes me want to try them. Not that I can duplicate your swing but they are a definite ponder.
I love them still. Nice high flight but not a balloon shot

Ok so let me just let everyone know that taking 3 weeks off from swinging a golf club is horrible for anyone's swing. That being said I really enjoyed the ball flight I saw out of these shafts from the solid swings I actually had. I noticed that even on horrible swings these shafts dampen the vibration so you don't feel it through your bones. Even swinging the 130xs. I am consistently producing a 2-5 yard fade with these on good shots which is the shot shape I like to see and would like to start playing. That being said...I am horrible in the range just smashing balls and I am much better when I practice on the course. I am playing tomorrow morning so we will see how that goes.

Had an excellent ball striking round today. I hammered a lot of balls at the range yesterday and was a little sore today so I took more Club and swing easy and saw some solid results. Nice little butter cut with enough stopping power across the bag. Really liking the results I am seeing.

My favorite part by far is the dark finish. They look mean coming out of the bag paired with the z945s.

Had a range session this morning for about an hour, and I was just plain awful... Worst I've played with these shafts yet, but at least there was no score involved! The one positive I will say is that even my worst misses (a hook) are drastically less offline than what I typically see. I was so bad through the bag today that I couldn't really take much from the equipment. I am playing a round on Thursday and will post feedback afterwards. Hopefully a bit better than what I saw today.

Looking forward to more thoughts on these.

Played another nine holes this afternoon, so figured I would add a couple more thoughts. They are accurately advertised as a mid-launch/mid-spin shaft, but there were a few times today in which I had hit it out of position off the tee and needed to get over some tall trees to get to the green. It is REALLY hard for me to launch these super high. I know they aren't necessarily intended for that, but I find it much easier to flight the ball down with these shafts than it is to send it really high. With that said, there was a bit of wind today and the ball never ballooned on me once. Definitely cuts through wind with ease... I'll be playing again this weekend hopefully and will add more thoughts then.

KBS S-Taper Shafts

Had the best ball striking round of the season with these bad boys tonight. I played 9 holes and shot a 3 under 33 with 15 putts. I didn't putt great at all but man did I hit some tremendous iron shots. I am able to hit the ball high and low. Distance control is solid and I am getting the ball to stop throughout the bag with enough stopping power that I am holding greens left and right. One shot that really stood out tonight was a 5 iron into a slight breeze from 190 out. Normally I would hit a 6 but with the wind I hit a nice little mid-high cut right on line and the ball hit the green and stopped about 6 ft from the pitch mark. I think I am finally dialed into these and it is making golf fun again!

You guys are doing great in here, keep it up!

I wish my body wasn't broken down as much as it is (wrists, elbows) because I would buy a set of these yesterday.

Another solid ball striking day with these in the bag. I am so comfortable standing over the ball right now knowing that I am going to hit my number with a little baby cut. I occasionally fight a little over the top swing but the ball typically holds true to its line. These might be the best shafts for my game and it is still unreal that by becoming an AC member that I got an opportunity to share my feedback with everyone and enjoy such and awesome product. Thanks again to THP and KBS!

Another solid ball striking day with these in the bag. I am so comfortable standing over the ball right now

That is the best feeling isn't it?

That is the best feeling isn't it?

Know that the ball is going to do what I want it to is for sure the best feeling because if only doesn't then I know that it was something in my swing that I can feel and fix. It's almost as soon as I hit the ball I know it's good or if I did something goofy but it will be the right distance. Super solid flight from these and the stopping power is something that I am a big fan of.

It has been a weird ride with these shafts. After a few range sessions to get use to the shafts. I absolutely loved these them. Everything about them was predictable flight, distance, feel. There wasn't much I could complain about. Fast forward to now and the magic is gone. What was once predictable nows leaves me scratching my head. Besides the feel nothing seems the same. Erratic flight and distance loss seems to be the new norm. I am really hoping the magic returns because for a short time I thought these were maybe the best iron shafts I had gamed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

It has been a weird ride with these shafts. After a few range sessions to get use to the shafts. I absolutely loved these them. Everything about them was predictable flight, distance, feel. There wasn't much I could complain about. Fast forward to now and the magic is gone. What was once predictable nows leaves me scratching my head. Besides the feel nothing seems the same. Erratic flight and distance loss seems to be the new norm. I am really hoping the magic returns because for a short time I thought these were maybe the best iron shafts I had gamed.

You might check for too much grip pressure and excessive movements during the swing (sway, changing your spine angle, stuff like that). These things have been known to produce the changes you are describing.

Played 18 yesterday and had a pretty decent ball-striking performance with the shafts. There was a constant 10-12 mph wind with bigger gusts when I got around the lake, so I was curious to see how the shafts would perform through the duration of the round. I continue to be impressed. The rising/carrying ball flight still stays true through the wind, but I'm starting to feel like the performance and consistency during knock-down and 3/4 shots are what impresses me most about these. I've always struggled to hit anything less than a "full" shot with my irons, but no issues at all with these shafts. The amount of ball-flight and distance control that these shafts offer is off the charts. Smooth feeling throughout the whole swing. I'm pretty sure I sound like an official spokeperson for KBS at this point, but I'm just telling it like it is...

After a couple of off weeks the magic is back with these shafts. Last round out I hit 9 of 9 greens. Ball flight was spot on and easy to flight. When I am swinging it good I am not sure I could ask for anything else in a shaft. Stock Ball flight is a nice penetrating flight but also provides the ability to flight it down or launch it when needed. Stopping power coming into the greens is great. The feel is smooth and stable nothing about the shaft is harsh feeling. All in all just a really impressive iron shaft.

These are easily my favorite shafts I have ever gamed. I was really hoping to have Callaway put them in my new MDF wedges I ordered. They didn't offer them so I went with other KBS shafts.

These are easily my favorite shafts I have ever gamed. I was really hoping to have Callaway put them in my new MDF wedges I ordered. They didn't offer them so I went with other KBS shafts.

i know they're expense but these are great shafts in wedges on full shots.

I added a 1/4 inch extension to the $ taper and it has made a world of difference. This puts them about 3/4 inch over standard. Been alot more consistent with hitting the center of the club face. Which has given me the ability to work the ball left, right, up, down as needed. Stock flight I would say is mid and slight right to left (fade for lefty). Distance wise has been pretty consistent what I have seen in the past. The more I play with the $ taper the more confidence I have with them, really great shaft. At some point I am going to have to get 3 more for my wedges.

Played 9 holes tonight, and feel like I had my best round since putting these shafts in play. Two lazy driver swings cost me a really great round for me, but irons were on point. The longer I play these and get used to them, the dispersion continues to go down. Super easy to control the flight if you put a good swing on it. I may have to get some of these installed in my wedges. By the way, the black still looks sick... Love the looks of these.

Thanks to those that have continued updating. We will go ahead and end the shaft testing since most of the reviews have dried up.
Those that want to continue to add can if they would like.

Back