Lamkin Grips - THP Tour Van Events

I picked up some grey RELs while checking out the tour van this past weekend..

I can't wait to get them on some clubs, but the baby blues are holding up so well, I may not need them until I get some C-Tapers the spring!

Just saw on Facebook that Lamkin is expanding the color offerings in the midsize and oversize. And the neon pink is now available in standard sizing.

That's awesome. I'll be taking a serious look at these now. I like the look of the red, orange & grey.

Those look great, I wasn't lucky enough to get any during the tour van trip, but thinking I might go this route during the winter projects.

That's awesome. I'll be taking a serious look at these now. I like the look of the red, orange & grey.

When I re-shaft my irons, I may end up with red ones, but I am really fond of the grey myself.

When I re-shaft my irons, I may end up with red ones, but I am really fond of the grey myself.

I'm thinking a mix of both (OSU colors), then the wedge grips on the wedges... Decisions, decisions.

I'm thinking a mix of both (OSU colors), then the wedge grips on the wedges... Decisions, decisions.

I looked at your avatar and saw you were an Ohio State fan. The grey and red, together, would fit perfectly as a Buckeyes fan and would look bad arse.

Got the grey's out for the first time yesterday, I'm really quite liking them. I don't know what I was expecting, but they were great. Tacky as all get out for me.

The THP green Lamkin I picked up at the STL Tour Stop is now on my Cleveland Mashie 14*. Damn it looks nice.

Got the grey's out for the first time yesterday, I'm really quite liking them. I don't know what I was expecting, but they were great. Tacky as all get out for me.

They were the only grip I didn't have a legitimate gripe with during the heat, humidity and sweat of the summer. Nice in between, not too soft, not to firm. And nice tack.

Based on all the great feedback here I have decided to put these on my irons, just narrowing it down to blue or orange....hmmmm

I'll be keeping an eye out for the midsizes in those colors. In the meantime, I'm off to find me some wedge grips...

Based on all the great feedback here I have decided to put these on my irons, just narrowing it down to blue or orange....hmmmm

I picked up some of the orange ones off the Tour Van. I'm really liking the color.

Just tap it in, just tap it in.

Wedge grips acquired. Got a black one for the 56˚ and a white one for the 50˚. I usually game a standard on the 56 and have been going with +2 wraps on my 50 so far. Once I can find the midsize 3gens, I'll have those too. My NDMCs are pretty worn at this point. Like the price point on these for sure. Even if I don't like them, it's only $5 a club to try... I can always go back if I need to.

Wedge grips acquired. Got a black one for the 56˚ and a white one for the 50˚. I usually game a standard on the 56 and have been going with +2 wraps on my 50 so far. Once I can find the midsize 3gens, I'll have those too. My NDMCs are pretty worn at this point. Like the price point on these for sure. Even if I don't like them, it's only $5 a club to try... I can always go back if I need to.
Why do you have different wraps under your grips?

Why do you have different wraps under your grips?

Just something I was messing with. All of my previous wedge grips were standard, which I'm just used to for touch shots around the green and partial shots. The 50 get's used for a lot more full swings though, so I thought a little extra couldn't hurt. You think I'm doing myself a disservice there? That's an honest question as I don't really know what it does to my swing. I just decided to give it a go when I put the grip on my 50. Seems ok so far.

I can't stop thinking about how good these grips look. I love how much the colors "pop" and they feel great too (held one at GS). I think I'm going to look into some orange ones and change my paintfill on the VR's from red to orange. How sick would that look?!

How would you guys compare them to Tour Velvets? Obviously they are quite different, but ive always loved TV's and the way they wear.

I can't stop thinking about how good these grips look. I love how much the colors "pop" and they feel great too (held one at GS). I think I'm going to look into some orange ones and change my paintfill on the VR's from red to orange. How sick would that look?!

How would you guys compare them to Tour Velvets? Obviously they are quite different, but ive always loved TV's and the way they wear.

Totally different beast. The 3GENS are not as rigid and offer more tack, IMO. I have had the 3GENs on my wedges for this season, as well as the woods and hybrids, and they still look as good as the day I put them on. Granted, I don't play 100+ rounds a year, but I do play in some pretty gnarly conditions sometimes with the heat and humidity of the Midwest.

Thanks Jeff, I appreciate your feedback! Going to check these out again on my next trip to GS.

I find the texture of these to be amazing, I love how soft they feel without being too squishy. Very nice!!

Picked up 6 red ones in atl, can't wait to get them onto my r9s

I picked up 3 greens ones in ATL and I'm considering putting them on my 3 SCOR wedges. I know the SCORs have unique grips on them but I'm not crazy about red. College fandom aside, would it be such a bad thing to switch out the grips on my SCORs?

I picked up 3 greens ones in ATL and I'm considering putting them on my 3 SCOR wedges. I know the SCORs have unique grips on them but I'm not crazy about red. College fandom aside, would it be such a bad thing to switch out the grips on my SCORs?

Not at all dude, I did on my set for a while. Its all what you're comfortable with. Plus, these are really good IMO!

Thanks Jman. I'm going to do some side by side comparisons to see if there is too much length difference.

Thanks Jman. I'm going to do some side by side comparisons to see if there is too much length difference.

That'd probably be the way to go. I know I'm a big fan of the SCOR grips for the markings on them, but for me these REL's just feel so much better for me personally. .

Got my first round in using the wedge grips. They're pretty nice. Good and tacky, plus I love the reference marks & extra room to choke down. Checked out the standard grips at golf galaxy and I guess they were just slick from being handled but they didnt feel as good as the wedge grips. Didn't have any colors I liked so it was a moot point anyhow. I'll have to order some. Gonna wait and see how I like the Ping grips first.

Back