Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

man i would love to be in on this. these wedges are so intriguing. i’m going to keep spending time with my wedges but will be following all the reviews. good luck to all!

Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to testing feedback from THPers!

What wedges are you currently playing?

Callaway MD5 JAWS 50S, 54S, 60X

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?

They have a classic look that I like, and the new grooves and thoughtful sole designs would offer me a wide range of shot making. The zipcore and tech in the design sound good, but I need to touch and feel how that plays in hand to know whether those are meaningful updates. I love wedges — strongest and favorite part of my golf game —and testing these and sharing findings would be a fun and valuable experience with Cleveland, a brand I don’t know very well.

Test preference: 54* mid sole (low sole would be OK for me as well).

what wedges do you currently play?

RTX4 52, 56, 60

What is most exciting about ZipCore?

Interested in the new CG placements and if it yields consistency in the wedge and always love more grooves.

what loft would you like?

52 deg mid bounce

I have the RTX-4, 54° and Callaway JAWS, 58° wedges in my bag currently. I've had Cleveland wedges in my setup for the last 5 years and am excited about the new RTX ZipCore center of gravity and the change in feel these clubs are said to have. The 54° wedge is my most versatile club and having something that does well for me 100 out or around the greens is a big test. The RTX-4 is already a beast but could have a better feel on chips and pitches, and I would love to see how the RTX ZipCore compares. I'd go with a 54° low bounce wedge to test.

I currently play Ben Hogan Equalizer wedged 50 and 56.
I am excited about the look of the new Zip Core wedges and anxious to see how they feel and perform.
I would like to try 50, 54, or 56.

Wedges I currently play - Cleveland RTX-4 (50/54/58)

What am I most interested in - a few things, the new grooves with more spin is something I would never say no to, the redistribution of weight, but it would also be good to compare the new DG Spinner shaft against the S400 I have in my current wedges as well

Preferred loft - 54 (this is probably my most used wedge out of those in my bag so it would provide a good comparison)

I play CBX2 54* & Hogan Equalizer 58*

What gets me excited about these is the forgiveness in a smaller wedge and the grooves. I need all the help I can get with spin.

I’d like to try a 58*

This is amazing - the RTX wedges have been amazing for years and they went to the next level this year so I’m excited to see who will get them in hand soon!

I am currently playing a Cleveland RTX-4 Mid bounce 54. I would love the opportunity to test the new ZipCore 54 in a mid bounce option.

As a toe hitter, I’m very excited about the weight movement and want to see how it improves my ball strikes. Also, who doesn’t love fresh wedge grooves?!?!

Wow-I have a 52 which is taylormade z spin, a ping eye SW and for a lob wedge I have a Callaway 58 Mack Daddy - I would love to see the control and feel compared to my other wedges.

currently playing callaway pm grinds
I am curious to see how that head shape will interact with the ball and give any added feel or extra spin.
I would definitely want to try the 60° as thats the club I use the most around the green.

Callaway MD4 and MD Forged wedges. 54, and 58

Cleveland has always been one of the best wedge companies in the game for the last 20+ years. This was a wedge that was very much hinted at as "yeah you're gonna want to try the new wedge when it comes out. It's really. REALLY. good." Cleveland had winners in the RTX 3 and 4, I have no doubt the ZipCore will be yet another winner as well.

58 degree for me as far as a loft.

What wedges do I currently play- Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 60 that I was fitted for.

What am I most excited about- Always been a fan of Cleveland and getting fitted for them confirmed my eye for them. Feel like they have always been a top the wedge game and like the idea of the CG being repositioned for more consistent sweet spot hits.

What loft would I like?- I would have to go with the 60* low. Definitely my favorite and most used wedge

Wedges currently in the bag:

Titleist AP2 46, Vokey SM7 52.08F and 58.08M.

Years ago I played the Cleveland 588 Tour Action in a 54 and 60.

I recently tried a 46 deg Cleveland RTX4 on an DG S400 at a Cleveland demo day. What a gem! What interests me is Cleveland's goal to get more consistency, bring down the flight of ball, and add spin. All of which I find important if I'm looking to replace my stock PW.

If selected I would be interested in a 46 and/or a 52. I appreciate the opportunity! Thank you.

What wedges are you currently playing? Callaway MD 5 Jaws wedges (52, 54 and 56)
What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? I am looking forward to how the weight distribution effects this my wedge game. I would go with the 52 degree.

What wedges are you currently playing? Currently an old 56 degree Maltby which I :love: but its old and needs replacing

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? Never gamed a Cleveland club but just the quality of the club and the chance for increased spin and accuracy is something I am excited about!

Current wedges: :cleveland: CBX2 50, RTX4 50/54, :callaway: MD5 56, PM grind 60

Similar to what I said yesterday, I really like the rtx4s but I am really intrigued by the idea of an improved version of that sole as I still have a dig pop up in certain turf conditions. Along with that, if the new tech and weight shift was able to move the sweet spot a bit out towards the toe, that would do nothing but help me.

I think I would most like to test a 54-56 degree in low or mid and see if it can be versatile enough to do it all.

Currently playing Cleveland 54° RTX-3 CB and Callaway SureOut 58°

Besides the beautiful look to the new ZipCore Wedge, I am interested in the better producing spin for around the greens and forgiveness on my full shots into the green.

Testing the 54° wedge would be my preference, as this is my main wedge for both 75-85 yard full shots and chipping around the green.

In the market for new wedges so this is an awesome opportunity, thank you.

Current wedges:
Cleveland 56* RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 & Cleveland 60* 588DSG.

What gets me excited:
Proprietary material that leads to better balance, higher MOI and spin. And I like that it has the classic Cle look. Oh, and grooves with the sharpest edge radius ever? I’m in.

Loft of Choice:
60 degree

What wedges do I currently play?
Vokey SM6 and I just got some Mizuno T20 wedges
What get you most excited?
The new grooves sound really interesting and I would love to compare spin between the T20 and Vokey’s
What loft would you like?

Left handed 45* PW and 50* AW that came with my Burner 2.0 irons. <-- They're old and outdated.
Left handed 56* Cleveland CG16 <-- It's old too and outdated

Forgivenes. Modern technology. More sharp grooves. Cleveland rocks!

If there's a lefty 52* or 54* lying around, I'll take it:D

I'd love to see how these work for a high handicapper with a lousy short game that hits from the wrong side.:cool:

This is exciting...

Ben Hogan Equalizer

The new groves and the Zip Core bringing that higher MOI.

58° would be my preference.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I am currently playing the MD5 Jaws 48/10 S & 54/12 W or the 54/14 PM Grind.

The combination of the new DG Spinner shaft & the Utilizip grooves is what interests me the most.

I would want to test a 48* or 54* wedge if selected.

This is an awesome opportunity!

Hogan Equalizer 50-54-58 thus far in 2020. I played RTX-4 in 50-54-58 all in Mid-grind for the majority of 2019 season - I loved them in a big way and still have them.

What excites me most about ZipCore are the UltiZip grooves. I have been a fan of Cleveland/Srixon's laser milled grooves for many years now, and the curved grooves on the toe of the RTX-4 were a fantastic addition. To have kept these features and improved on them significantly with UltiZip - that just inspires confidence. I can't wait to try!

Honorable mention to trying out the Zip Core feels and weighting for sure, I am definitely intrigued by the multi-material construction here.

What loft?
54-Mid. I love some V-sole, I loved the mid profile in the RTX-4. Also 54* is a great wedge test loft for me, as I use it for the most complete array of shots - full approaches from the fairway, partial approaches and knockdowns, touch shots around the green, and it is my preferred bunker loft unless I absolutely need more loft.

Back