Looking For Testers: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges?

What wedges are you currently playing? Callaway Mavrik Max AW (48), Ping Glide 54 Wide Sole, Ping Glide 58 Standard Sole

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore The weight redistribution, improved groove design and the latest improvements to a wedge design praised by players as being forgiving, versatile, and easy to hit. Those are the terms I use to describe my Glides, and I'm interested to see whether Cleveland has set the new benchmark in those categories

and what loft would you like? 54 degrees, full (preferred) or mid grind. Those are the best options to do an A/B comparison to what I'm playing now. If 54 isn't available, I'd like a 58 mid-grind.

Last edited:
What wedges are you currently playing?
Currently playing Sub70 black wedges. They nice wedges but only come in one grind.

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
The two things that interest me the most are the head weighting with more forgiveness and the upgraded sole. I'd like to test the 50 as I hit full and partial shots with that wedge which I think would help give people a good variety of feedback on the forum.

Good luck, everyone!

I like the looks of these. The leading edge looks very square and the weight distribution looks like it would help with flighting the ball down when called for. I already thought Cleveland made some of the best spinning wedges out there - I would love to see how much more they’re able to squeeze out. But the kicker for me is still the V sole. Just phenomenal.

Currently I’m playing my HF2 gap wedge, and Ping Glide 3 in 52 standard, 56 eye. The Bridgestone HF2 are excellent clubs for me, excepting the gap wedge. It just doesn’t work well for my swing - too little bounce and a lot of low mass make it hard to consistently hit well. I would like to replace it with a 48° Mid in the new Zipcore to get some more bounce on fuller swings and hopefully be able to keep the ball down when the wind is up. I’ve been trying to hit more partial wedge shots as well and the new groove technology would certainly improve confidence when trying to knock it close.

I play a Cleveland 56 degree sandwedge and a 60 degree lob wedge that are prob 15 yrs old. Looking for new wedges.

Currently playing RTX4 52,56 and 60.

i would love to try the new zip core to test the durability of these new grooves to see just how long that new wedge spin can last. If I had to pick one to test it would be a 56’ mid bounce!

Currently playing titliest vokey sm7 48, 54 and 58, all 8 degree bounce. Looking for new wedges with cleaner grooves as mine are worn based on control around greens. Love the looks of these, and would love to try the newer Cleveland technology. I would like to try a 50 degree - 10 bounce, 54 degree - 10 bounce or 58 degree - 8 bounce.

Currently playing callaway pm grind 60, vovey sm7 56, and callaway mack daddy 52. Would love to test the new Cleveland wedges against these especially excited about the groove technology. If had to choose would want to test 56 degree.

Hey THP this will be my first post and I’m really excited to be here! I currently play Srixon 745/945 combo set and because I love them so much I decided to trade in my Vokey’s this year for a set of RTX 4’s. I play a custom 51 and a 56 both mid grind with 10 bounce. I absolutely love them and the v-sole on the Cleveland/ Srixon products. Because of this I would probably stick with the mid sole grind. I am also very excited to see the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft on these.

I would love to split the difference and try a MID Sole 54 degree RTX ZipCore. I’m a Cleveland / Srixon player and really look forward to trying the new product. The TXG guys were gushing over these wedges, I really hope to get the opportunity to test and log about them for THP.

Thanks!

Let’s get it people! Can’t wait to see who joins in on the fun!

I'd love to test and review the new Cleveland RTX ZipCore wedges! I've been playing Cleveland wedges for quite some time now, and this does sound like an incredible release.

What wedges are you currently playing? Cleveland CBX2 50*/11 and 55*/12, Cleveland RTX 4 60*/6 Low, all with UST Recoil 95 shafts and GP MCC+4 midsize grips.

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like? Everything! The new ZipCore weighting and balance sounds good, and I'd like to put it to the test. The UltiZip grooves sound incredible, hard to believe they can really improve on the Rotex grooves of the last several releases, but it sounds like they have.
I'd like to go with a 60* low bounce, so I can test it against my RTX 4.

Taylormade Rocketbladez 50°, Taylormade ATV 54°, Cleveland 588 Forged RTG 60°

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore and what loft would you like?
I rarely use my Cleveland 60°; I have little confidence in it. The design of the ZipCore will give better balance, more forgiveness and more control and hopefully more confidence. I’d like to test a 58° mid grind.

I currently play a 56, and a 60. The look of these wedges are clean. I would love to play a new 58, or a 60. Looking to fill the gap in the s***s around the green I struggle with.

Hey THP this will be my first post and I’m really excited to be here! I currently play Srixon 745/945 combo set and because I love them so much I decided to trade in my Vokey’s this year for a set of RTX 4’s. I play a custom 51 and a 56 both mid grind with 10 bounce. I absolutely love them and the v-sole on the Cleveland/ Srixon products. Because of this I would probably stick with the mid sole grind. I am also very excited to see the Dynamic Gold Spinner shaft on these.

I would love to split the difference and try a MID Sole 54 degree RTX ZipCore. I’m a Cleveland / Srixon player and really look forward to trying the new product. The TXG guys were gushing over these wedges, I really hope to get the opportunity to test and log about them for THP.

Thanks!
Welcome to THP!

6 THP'rs to review these wedges, this will be fun!

PM Grind 54° and 58°

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?
I like the fact that they some types of grooves that extend all the way out to the end of the wedge.

What loft would you like?
54°. I use that one much more. The other one I basically use for green side bunkers or green side shots where I really need to pop it up.

I currently play 56° mizuno jpx 900. Looking for new wedge even willing to switch brand. I'm looking into a 58° wedge or 60°

What a great opportunity! I picked up my first Cleveland wedge this year in a CBX2 Full Face and I'm loving it. Very interested in the RTX offerings.

what wedges do you currently play?

Callaway MD Forged in 50 deg and 54 deg; Cleveland CBX2 Full Face in 58 deg

What is most exciting about ZipCore?

Fascinated to see the how they feel with the proprietary core material. That feeling of hitting a good full wedge shot into a green is so important to me on the course. Those things really stick in the mind after a round

what loft would you like?

50 deg mid bounce

I would love to Review one! I currently have a Cleveland Byron Nelson 50th Anniversary BeCu Copper 56 degree. I’m looking for something newer, this obviously is, and I’m fascinated with the Lighter but Lower Core Technology & the 2 extra Grooves on the Face!!!! Would love to try 1? Thanks

I am currently playing a Callaway mack daddy 3 50*and my 54* and 58* are titleist vokey sm4. What gets me most excited about the rtx zipcore is I have never tried Cleveland wedges but have always wanted too and just couldn’t afford to get new ones. The wedges look beautiful and very spinny. I would love the opportunity to try them out and review them for y’all. I would also if selected to try a 54 with 8 degrees of loft.

Let's gooooo!!!

I currently play Callaway X-Forged wedges, 54* and 58*.

I’ve been considering new wedges for the bag, and every way these are described fits what I’ve been looking for, increased forgiveness and more spin are the biggest things that excite me about these. On top of that, I love the aesthetics!

I’d love to test out a 58*!

Current Wedges in the Bag:
Reg588 47* & 60*
588DSG 54*

What gets you most excited about RTX ZipCore?
The Ultizip. The name speaks for itself. Spinning the golf ball is one of the most entertaining and satisfying part of the golf game. Getting the golf ball to "sit" is as good as it gets. With the new advertised Ultizip grooves, I am pretty excited to see how much they will improve spin rates.

What loft would you like?
54*

going to be some lucky testers here, cant wait to read some reviews!

Currently using Taylormade MG2 48, 54 and 60 in 8 degrees of bounce. Would love to get the opportunity to try this in 48 degrees!

I'm curious to see how the grooves and improved friction changes the ball flight and action around the green on partial and full shots. I think this could be exactly what I'm looking for with my gapping

Thanks for the great article!

Back