Members V's Guest

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
Seeing as the last few days have been very busy here with the hot topic being the second coming of the Morgan Cup aswell as other things going on with the forum. I have been spending more and more time on here much to the bother of my girlfriend but i have noticed something that has me kind of perplexed :bulgy-eyes:. The amount of members v's guest on the forum just now it was 164 members v's 364 guests is there any reason for this????
Are they just lurking reading reviews, which are always top shelf and the reason i joined.
Are they members at work or on the move just trying to get there daily THP fix.

Anyone have any ideas on this???????

And if you are someone lurking around why not join, THP has so much more to offer once you join and you wont regret it.

David

We get tons of traffic from folks that aren't forum types. We tend to grab some of them in since this place can be much friendlier than some others, but some people just like to read more than talk.

I think I was on here for a good six months before I joined. I didn't see myself as a "forum" type and still don't. This is the only forum I am on. I came for the great reviews done by average golfers and found what an amazing sense of community THP offers and decided to join. So glad I made the leap!

Wait this is a forum?

People like to lurk. I did for a while. If I knew I was on here, I would sign up in a minute though.

A lot of the guests are search engine spiders, which helps THP show up in searches.

People like to lurk. I did for a while. If I knew I was on here, I would sign up in a minute though.
So true. Who wouldn't want to join and have something in common with a man like TC? He's awesome, THP is awesome and if I'm lurking I'd like to join so I too could be awesome.

For me personnally, it depends on which computer I am on. I think one of mine will keep me logged in whenever I get on and some will not. I will typically not log in unless I feel the need to say something so many times I would probably show up as a guest. I can't speak for everyone, but I would assume there are more like this out there. Many times through the day I just hop on for a few minutes just to see what is going on so I don't bother logging on.

Wait this is a forum?

:D......and I'm one of the guys who said a few years ago that no one has the time today for this social networking thing.....

I was kind of weird at first. I joined as soon as I found THP, but then I lurked instead of signing on, kind of seeing what I was getting myself into. As always, I'm an idiot. Once I started logging in, I tried to start posting and was probably pretty obnoxious and over posting hahahah. Good news is I think I have figured it out.......

Seeing as the last few days have been very busy here with the hot topic being the second coming of the Morgan Cup aswell as other things going on with the forum. I have been spending more and more time on here much to the bother of my girlfriend but i have noticed something that has me kind of perplexed :bulgy-eyes:. The amount of members v's guest on the forum just now it was 164 members v's 364 guests is there any reason for this????
Are they just lurking reading reviews, which are always top shelf and the reason i joined.
Are they members at work or on the move just trying to get there daily THP fix.

Anyone have any ideas on this???????

And if you are someone lurking around why not join, THP has so much more to offer once you join and you wont regret it.

David

oh and the gf will give in sooner or later hahaha. I know mind did eventually and I'm "this" close to getting her to sign up.

Talk to Chunkylurker.

I first found THP researching clubs and lurked for weeks. This forum's draw was the sincere member reviews and overall friendliness and unpretentious attitude.

So yeah ... the lurker to member ratio might be high but it's probably for good reasons.

Wait this is a forum?

Messers the 2 of ye ha ha making a joke of my very factual and insightful thread :D................... lol i'll fix ye in the MC if we get in :angel:

oh and the gf will give in sooner or later hahaha. I know mind did eventually and I'm "this" close to getting her to sign up.

we have kind of a revelation last night, when i was on THP in bed last night she just said "oh i give up" score 1 for me ha ha

I lurked for months before I joined and I always have a read of the forum at work without logging in so I'm guessing there would be a few lurkers at any given time.

Back