Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

My MMT 125 iron stiff shafts this week after being installed by a Club Champion fitter and I’m absolutely in love! Launch is mid to high just like I prefer and feel is so solid! Ball just wants to go dead straight. 😁 Let’s see if I can eliminate these hooks. 😂 More testing to come but initial testing is extremely positive. Hoping to get on launch monitor this week.
I may or may not have done something crazy and ordered enough MMT 125TX shafts to install into my irons and wedges :p

The even crazier part is that I plan on installing them myself :eek:

I may or may not have done something crazy and ordered enough MMT 125TX shafts to install into my irons and wedges :p

The even crazier part is that I plan on installing them myself :eek:
I was torn. I tested the 125 TX’s but wasn’t getting the launch/spin window I wanted. Still, they were silly long.

I will be interested in your feedback on them I kind of have my eye on them as an option and almost bought the set out of the Marketplace this week.
They arrived at the house (he shipped them) and they are 80S. Wow...so light and will be interesting. I see moon balls but will wait and see.

any 105tx users out there, especially ones who usually play stiff in other shafts? you might wonder why i'd ask --- i have a potential line on some 105tx but i normally play stiff

any 105tx users out there, especially ones who usually play stiff in other shafts? you might wonder why i'd ask --- i have a potential line on some 105tx but i normally play stiff

Can you soft step them or will you be out of a long iron shaft if you do that?

I can tell you for me the only difference between the S and TX and 125’s was the lower launch window and a bit of a drop in spin with the stiffer shafts. Shots were silly long but spinning low. If I had more speed it would’ve been the ticket. I didn’t want to have to try to @radiman every swing. 😂😂

Can you soft step them or will you be out of a long iron shaft if you do that?
Soft step means using 7i shaft in 6i, right? Shaft set is 4-PW so I think I'd run out.

I can tell you for me the only difference between the S and TX and 125’s was the lower launch window and a bit of a drop in spin with the stiffer shafts. Shots were silly long but spinning low. If I had more speed it would’ve been the ticket. I didn’t want to have to try to @radiman every swing. 😂😂
yeah, that's my concern...feeling like i have to overswing and that's no bueno

I reshafted Jaws MD5 54 & 58 wedges with MMT scoring wedge 105 shafts and played them for the first time last night. They felt really good chipping and pitching and I got out of the bunker the one time I was in one. More to come but I really like the feel!

Soft step means using 7i shaft in 6i, right? Shaft set is 4-PW so I think I'd run out.
Other way…4 goes in 5 etc. So you will end up with an extra PW shaft

I am in that camp. I have the 105TX because I liked the weight, and thought the 95S were too light when I swung them for what I was looking for. The TX are for sure stiff, I do notice they are more tensioned but I feel like they have good feedback and are pretty smooth overall. Beefy smooth. I had a session a few weeks back with Callaway's greater Boston area rep, and I brought my MB/MMT's to the session as a baseline to compare to whatever he wanted to fit me into. We ended up with XForged and ProjectX IO 6.0 for me. One of his first comments was that he did not really see the need for me to be in TX. I hit nice shots with them and ball flight is good. I still have them and like them pretty well honestly. I tend to think weight is more important to me than flex, and I wanted the experiment with a stiffer profile. May not be the ideal fit in my case however.

EDIT: I really, really like the 105TX in X Forged UT 4i. Outstanding.

Other way…4 goes in 5 etc. So you will end up with an extra PW shaft
ah, so if the shaft set is 4-PW and I want to go into irons 5i-AW soft stepped that would work, huh?

like this, right?

shaft - iron head

4 - 5i
5 - 6i
6 - 7i
7 - 8i
8 - 9i
9 - PW
PW - AW

I am in that camp. I have the 105TX because I liked the weight, and thought the 95S were too light when I swung them for what I was looking for. The TX are for sure stiff, I do notice they are more tensioned but I feel like they have good feedback and are pretty smooth overall. Beefy smooth. I had a session a few weeks back with Callaway's greater Boston area rep, and I brought my MB/MMT's to the session as a baseline to compare to whatever he wanted to fit me into. We ended up with XForged and ProjectX IO 6.0 for me. One of his first comments was that he did not really see the need for me to be in TX. I hit nice shots with them and ball flight is good. I still have them and like them pretty well honestly. I tend to think weight is more important to me than flex, and I wanted the experiment with a stiffer profile. May not be the ideal fit in my case however.

EDIT: I really, really like the 105TX in X Forged UT 4i. Outstanding.
I could definitely see myself in the same camp (weight more important than flex)... soft stepping the TX sounds even more intriguing now. Hmmmm

ah, so if the shaft set is 4-PW and I want to go into irons 5i-AW soft stepped that would work, huh?

like this, right?

shaft - iron head

4 - 5i
5 - 6i
6 - 7i
7 - 8i
8 - 9i
9 - PW
PW - AW

Yes sir! So you lose a 4 iron shaft but pickup another wedge shaft.

I've really enjoyed the MMT 95S in my iron shafts and the MMT Scoring Wedge 105g in my wedges. Absolutely great graphite shaft!

I've really enjoyed the MMT 95S in my iron shafts and the MMT Scoring Wedge 105g in my wedges. Absolutely great graphite shaft!
Hopefully I’ll finally get around to trying 95S or 105S in 2023

Hopefully I’ll finally get around to trying 95S or 105S in 2023

If we get to play a round together you can use whatever you want out of my bag.

If we get to play a round together you can use whatever you want out of my bag.
Awesome. I hope that happens in 20203!

The MMT shafts have been such a great fit for me as I have started to venture in graphite shafts. Hitting my irons so well right now.

Welcome to the dark side!

I was able to try out the 105TX shafts in October while in Phoenix and for some reason I didn’t find them that stout? I hit a few with different irons over the weekend and it didn’t matter if it was a pw or 5 iron, they felt very smooth and not overly stiff. Maybe I would have noticed them being too stiff for me if I played them for a whole round? I would really like to get my hands on a set with 105S and test them out for an extended period, I think 2023 is the year I go graphite

I just tried these shafts and they were really good. The MMT 80 was easy to swing and timed up well for me. Just a bit heavier than play now in my Rogue's. I was getting 4-5 mph more in ball speed out of the MMT.

I just tried these shafts and they were really good. The MMT 80 was easy to swing and timed up well for me. Just a bit heavier than play now in my Rogue's. I was getting 4-5 mph more in ball speed out of the MMT.

Let's see if you get fit into graphite! 4-5 mph isn't anything to sneeze at. That's awesome!

I got fit with the MMT 80 in my PXG 4 hybrid. I absolutely love this shaft. The more I use this club, the more I am tempted to try them in my other clubs.

Back