Mitsubishi Chemical MMT Iron Shafts

How would spilt the feel comparison between the MMT and Dart B
Umm. The MMT has a softer, smoother feel. Dart V felt more rigid. In a blind test, I would have said the MMT was less stiff than the Dart V. I liked Dart V a lot. I tried some Recoil 125 Protos a couple years ago, I didn’t like those at all. Dart V is light years ahead of Recoil Proto.

Never tried the Dart V but when comparing to other graphite iron shafts...I always come back to the MMT.

Tried these for the first time in the 105 TX and I was really impressed. I could definitely see myself playing a 95 TX version but I can’t remember if that’s an option. Still a little more active than I would like on aggressive swings but the consistency and feel was really good. This is an awesome stock offering in the Apex Pros

Umm. The MMT has a softer, smoother feel. Dart V felt more rigid. In a blind test, I would have said the MMT was less stiff than the Dart V. I liked Dart V a lot. I tried some Recoil 125 Protos a couple years ago, I didn’t like those at all. Dart V is light years ahead of Recoil Proto.
Interesting. I feel like @Jman said the opposite when it comes to feel between those 2 shafts. It just goes to show how different each one of us is and why a proper fitting is so important. I was fit into the MMT 105 TX this year and have been super happy, though I haven't really had an opportunity to try the Dart V much

Interesting. I feel like @Jman said the opposite when it comes to feel between those 2 shafts. It just goes to show how different each one of us is and why a proper fitting is so important. I was fit into the MMT 105 TX this year and have been super happy, though I haven't really had an opportunity to try the Dart V much
I had the same thoughts. The Dart V felt more “whippy” whereas the MMT felt a little more stable.

I had the same thoughts. The Dart V felt more “whippy” whereas the MMT felt a little more stable.
It’s amazing how people interpret things like feel. Also why reviewers shouldn’t make lists because it’s so subjective.

100%. MMT remain one of the most “stable/stout” graphite shafts I’ve ever reviewed, and I’ve reviewed a LOT of them.

Let’s say active, and not “whippy”, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I loathe that phrasing hahahahaha 😜

100%. MMT remain one of the most “stable/stout” graphite shafts I’ve ever reviewed, and I’ve reviewed a LOT of them.
I thought the MMT feel was smoother than Dart V. But, one of my favorite shafts was the OG HZRDUS Black so 🤷‍♂️

I thought the MMT feel was smoother than Dart V. But, one of my favorite shafts was the OG HZRDUS Black so 🤷‍♂️
We are of totally different opinions/experiences with the iron shafts. As for the OG HZRDUS Black, it’s one of the most stable shafts ever.

Let’s say active, and not “whippy”, 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I loathe that phrasing hahahahaha 😜
That’s why I put it in quotes lol. The Dart V seems like it’s designed for players with a smooth transition, like Homa, whereas the MMT would be better suited for someone with a more aggressive transition like Fitzpatrick.

That’s why I put it in quotes lol. The Dart V seems like it’s designed for players with a smooth transition, like Homa, whereas the MMT would be better suited for someone with a more aggressive transition like Fitzpatrick.
Which is why I’m very confused on some of the feel discussion of the two, it’s opposite what I’ve seen in a lot of testing.

In the end, all that matters is playing what works FULL STOP, but the MMT is anything but soft.

And fwiw, I love these discussions

Which is why I’m very confused on some of the feel discussion of the two, it’s opposite what I’ve seen in a lot of testing.

In the end, all that matters is playing what works FULL STOP, but the MMT is anything but soft.

I feel with my MMT if i get quick with the transition i am all over the place. If i can manage to keep it smooth they are amazing shafts. I do feel the weight i have is part of that issue. Monday i am doing some testing on shafts to see if something is better.

I feel with my MMT if i get quick with the transition i am all over the place. If i can manage to keep it smooth they are amazing shafts. I do feel the weight i have is part of that issue. Monday i am doing some testing on shafts to see if something is better.
What shafts have you been comparing to? MMTs are definitely the most stable graphite shaft I have tried other than the TZI’s. With that said, they still feel more active than a steel shaft

What shafts have you been comparing to? MMTs are definitely the most stable graphite shaft I have tried other than the TZI’s. With that said, they still feel more active than a steel shaft

Going for a fitting on Monday to try out shafts. We shall see what happens!

With the news of a Mitsubishi Chemical shaft event next year, I am excited about the details.

Interesting. What weight do you have?

If you’ve tried out the LA L-series shafts, do you recall how they compare to these?

If you’ve tried out the LA L-series shafts, do you recall how they compare to these?
Not @Jman obviously but having tried both the MMT were a better fit for my swing and why a fitting is so important… During a mine both felt good but I was able to square up the MMT a little better while I kept leaving the face a bit open with the LA shaft.

Not @Jman obviously but having tried both the MMT were a better fit for my swing and why a fitting is so important… During a mine both felt good but I was able to square up the MMT a little better while I kept leaving the face a bit open with the LA shaft.
Did one feel more harsh than the other, and how did the flight compare?

Did one feel more harsh than the other, and how did the flight compare?
From what I recall as it’s been a few months the MMT felt just slightly less harsh to me, both had a nice launch, distance and descent angles were good as well. For whatever reason the profile of the LA shaft just had me leaving the face slightly open and the ball out a bit right while the MMT had me really squared up.

These are on my ponder list. Of potential shafts in my next set.

My swing speed says I fit the Regular. But I’m concerned 80g might be a bight light for me.

Interesting. What weight do you have?

85G R flex. I do think they are a great shaft maybe a hair light for me though.

Back