Miyazaki B. Asha Review - Forum Testing

Man...this thread popped up in Tapatalk with pictures showing....I've said this a million times, but this is the best looking shaft I've ever seen, I need to find one, but dirt cheap.

Last night I had the stock shaft in my Covert for the sim league. I was playing with O'Carroll. Once the round was done we started the back 9 which is just extra time. I switch the shaft out and put the B Asha 4s back in. Set it to 10.5 - open, and I hit 3 of my 4 longest drives of the night for me. Pete looked at me and told me if he saw me swap that out again he was going to break whatever shaft was in my driver so I'd be forced to hit the 4s.

Ughhh... I have been looking for a B.Asha to put in the Covert 2.0.

Man...this thread popped up in Tapatalk with pictures showing....I've said this a million times, but this is the best looking shaft I've ever seen, I need to find one, but dirt cheap.
Watch the bay. Just snagged a brand spankin new and uncut 5x for 60 bucks to my door step! Now to figure out what to tip it for

Just wondering if anyone could compare the 5s or 5x to a Kusala Black 61s. Wondering about flight and what you think feels smoother and what head you have it in. Probably a long shot but if you can answer I would appreciate it.

I haven't played the 5s as much as I play the 4s. But I have played the Kusala Black 61s for about 2 years prior to this. Both the B Asha and Black feel smooth to me, but the Asha launched more for me. Flex codes are 3566 for the Black and 5674 for the 5s.

Finally ready to chime in here on the experiences I've had thus far with the B.Asha 5s I won a few weeks back thanks to THP, I've gotten two cold weather rounds in with it in my R11. I had it cut down to a playing length of 44.5, one inch shorter than the stock length of the original fujikura blur stiff shaft.
With the fujikura I always struggled with a slice, always high ball flight, some straight, some slight fade, and some major slices. This was with the face set to closed and the club set to 10*.
Since placing the B Asha 5S in it I can definately not set the face to closed, it is drastically less whippy than the stock offering. I initially fought major pull hooks with the same exact settings and ball positioning. Through two rounds I have begun to see a semblance of continuity that I haven't seen before with regards to accuracy but still dialing in. Now im set to 10* neutral with the ball a little farther back in my stance, my high ball flight has changed to mid, or mid-high with the switch as well. Overall im very encouraged with the life this shaft has given my driver, can't wait to get it more dialed in the see the damage I can do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Did anyone notice it as a spinning shaft? I'm just curious as I'm currently playing playing the 5s and I hit some great tee balls (middle of the face with a slight draw) but the ball just didn't seem to go anywhere. It was a bit windy so may be some of it but was just curious saw this?

Did anyone notice it as a spinning shaft? I'm just curious as I'm currently playing playing the 5s and I hit some great tee balls (middle of the face with a slight draw) but the ball just didn't seem to go anywhere. It was a bit windy so may be some of it but was just curious saw this?

Not at all. If wasn't a spin killer for me but it was below average.

Not at all. If wasn't a spin killer for me but it was below average.
Cool, I may take it and hit it on a Launch Monitor and see the numbers. I love the feel of this golf shaft, and was gonna pick up one for my bio cell, but wasn't sure with the numbers today.

Cool, I may take it and hit it on a Launch Monitor and see the numbers. I love the feel of this golf shaft, and was gonna pick up one for my bio cell, but wasn't sure with the numbers today.

Yep the feel is second to none. Had one sitting here for my g20 but the stock numbers were just too perfect. I should disclose that I did end up tipping mine an inch but that isn't out if the ordinary.

Just put a 5s B Asha in my Optiforce. Felt awesome in my first range session. Can't wait to see how it performs out on the course but that's likely not until next Friday.

Just put a 5s B Asha in my Optiforce. Felt awesome in my first range session. Can't wait to see how it performs out on the course but that's likely not until next Friday.

Oh -- that's an interesting setup.

Which b Asha?

Oh -- I may need to take a swing or two with that when I see you next. I bet it's a nice combo.

Our conversation on Monday about the shaft stiffness I play got me thinking about it. Combined with the way T0AD was smashing his B Asha. Saw one in the marketplace Tuesday by JonD and bought it. I think it will work well for me. With the Optiforce set at 11.5 I was getting a nice mid ball flight with carry of 220-225 and run out to 240-245 on our range that is slightly uphill. Had a slight tail wind helping so that likely evens out. I should see about 5 yards more with my game ball in play out on the course over the range balls. I was averaging about 235 at River Forest with the Project X shaft in it.

I certainly think you could handle the 5s. It's stable, but it certainly isn't super stiff.

I'm now in ponder mode between getting another B Asha or getting an LZ handcrafted to throw into the Alpha.

I have been lusting after the B Asha for some time. I have a 5x and a 7x coming and can't wait.

I have been lusting after the B Asha for some time. I have a 5x and a 7x coming and can't wait.

Haha dude the 5X was glorious in my Xhot Pro....

I so enjoyed the 5X all the way to her demise. Tip shreaded a bit after continued beatings. Great memories.

If I can find a cheap optifit adapter, I'd love to try the 5x in the alpha. I think that would just be sick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll have a 5x left over soon. Might have to put a new adapter on it and try it in the Alpha. Hmmmmm....

Anyone using the 4s ?
Liking it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 4s that goes in and out of the covert. It feels great but I think the flex code on the 5s would probably better suit me.

I have a 4s that goes in and out of the covert. It feels great but I think the flex code on the 5s would probably better suit me.
Well if you ever have a desire to get rid of it, let me know. I love the 5s that sits in my xhot, but I wanted to try a lightweight shaft in my bio cell.

I'll have a 5x left over soon. Might have to put a new adapter on it and try it in the Alpha. Hmmmmm....
Yes I like that...and bring it to the Ohio gathering in October :)

Back