This thread makes me want to pick up a hot metal pro or two for the top of the bag…
The HMP 4-iron is 🔥. I often carry two 4-irons, one from my ZX5 set and the HMP 4i that has a Project X graphite shaft.

I will be getting the HMP out tomorrow, has been two weeks since I last played and am ready for some golf.

The HMP 4-iron is 🔥. I often carry two 4-irons, one from my ZX5 set and the HMP 4i that has a Project X graphite shaft.
That’s a great idea. I was thinking 5 and pondering 6 but I think I’d go with two I go 5 and 4 in case I want to drop the 4 hybrid.

That’s a great idea. I was thinking 5 and pondering 6 but I think I’d go with two I go 5 and 4 in case I want to drop the 4 hybrid.
I think having the HMP's if you want a long iron I'd probably look a the regular hot metals as they are a more forgiving. I've considered looking for the 5 & 6 myself. My HMP 4i still has the plastic on it. 😁

I think having the HMP's if you want a long iron I'd probably look a the regular hot metals as they are a more forgiving. I've considered looking for the 5 & 6 myself. My HMP 4i still has the plastic on it. 😁
That’s a great point. I took a few swings when my brother had them at the fitters and they weren’t too big for my eye.

My forged 4 iron still has only been hit a handful of times 😁 fitter talked me up into it and to be fair at the time I went 4 iron to 3 hybrid. After dropping to a 4 hybrid im not sure I’ll go back, certainly not into the forged 4 iron

Even though it is a bit colder here I'm starting to get a good feel for distances. Loving the feel of the Recoil 95's and can tell after a round by how much better my elbows feel. Really looking forward to some warm weather golf and seeing how these perform.

Hot Metal Pros where good today for 13/18 GIR. Had 3 that where just short because I misjudged the wind. Clubbed up today and took some nice easy smooth swings and got rewarded for it. I know these are not forged clubs but they have a very pleasing sound to them. Haven't run into any issues holding greens at all so far, they have a higher ball flight than I am used to but are still longer.
Really feel like these will give me some extra going into next year and the game and scores can continue to progress in the right direction.

Still looking at these…..went down a “new driver” rabbit hole last night and today. Maybe in store for a complete bag overhaul. Gotta see the temp of the waters on that though….aka wife’s mood. 😂

@Snickerdog i went and did it. Places an order, I couldn’t take it much longer LOL
4FliHi / 5-G HMPs / 54&58 D COPPER👍🏻F3 Recoils w/ MCC+4
Of track a bit but they will go in this that came today

Attachments

• 7CC01E53-8A38-4C7E-8BB9-3D32CC95D4F2.jpeg
    7CC01E53-8A38-4C7E-8BB9-3D32CC95D4F2.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
@Snickerdog i went and did it. Places an order, I couldn’t take it much longer LOL
4FliHi / 5-G HMPs / 54&58 D COPPER👍🏻F3 Recoils w/ MCC+4
Of track a bit but they will go in this that came today
That is going to be a hot bag!!!!!!!!!! Very well done.

So did something on the long par 3 today playing 173 yards. Had a bit of wind behind us (10mph) grabbed 6 iron and blew over the pin. Ball mark was right dead on line behind the hole about 4 feet and went off the back of the green. :oops: Next time around I used a 7 iron and put it pin high just left off the green.
I am really liking the HMP irons, perfect match with the Recoil 95 F4 shafts.

Just had a friend order a set of HMP today. Only 4 week estimated delivery.

I was helping him pick out new sticks and this was my top pick for him going in. We did a big demo session at PGATSS so he could get a feel for whats out there now. Then he went for an iron fitting and walked out with my original recommendation lol. He said they were clearly the best for him and every time he went back to them in the fitting it was magic. I'm probably just as excited because he was skeptical of new equipment but I kept pushing.

I have the hot metals 6-sw with recoils and Clk hybrids 2&4 with tensei shafts

can’t speak more highly of them, the combination is for beautifully efficient , you don’t think the ball will make the distance then it’s there and some .

Additonally quality and finish is awe inspiring .

Did make a small change. Replaced the 921 GW with a T22 and stayed with the GPride CP2 grips.
I will be playing my 921 GW for the season and depending if we mesh or not, it might be on the chopping block. I might regret ordering the 4i and GW in the set, but so far my 4i has a vastly higher success rate than the GW.

I ordered the hot metals back in October. Apparently the delay was because of KBS backorders (wish I would have known before late December), so I switched to Project X IO on Christmas and they said they would ship within 2 weeks. Still haven't seen any shipping notification, doesn't look like they're going to make it before my golf trip to Florida next week but at least it gives me something to keep looking forward to.

HMP on the brain today. That's all.

Was working on driver over a few range sessions. Took my 921F 9 iron to get loose. These irons feel so good when pured.

Aight, so after clearing the family off the Sunday calendar I headed to the range with the new sticks. There I found the range closed from the rain, next course the same, and next course the same. So I went home and pouted.

Monday, work….sucks no golf but did book a tee time for Friday
Tuesday, work….sucks no golf and kiddo basketball practice
Wednesday, work….sucks no golf, kiddo baseball practice and gym

But today, nice weather, “lunch meeting” blocked my calendar and found the range.

Thoughts from first time hitting……holy s@$! These are soooo solid, forgiving, and fun. I love them!!!! I mishit 90% of my shots because my swing is garbage and my body feels like a car wrecked and wrapped around a telephone pole but that’s my bad and definitely gonna play more in ‘22.
Super forgiving off the toe and thinned shots, I also caught a few “thick” which well is no bueno. Then there is some swings I was able to band aid together and wow they are awesome. Will definitely have some more fun with them tomorrow kicking off my 1st round in ‘22. For sure gonna get to test out how well they punch out or trouble playing the Palmer Course tomorrow.

I appreciate the comments on this thread. I have been watching it for months and it was a factor in my upgrade decision. I was fitted for the JPX 921 Hot Metal irons with Nippon 1050GH Regular shafts from Club Champion in December. I really liked the Srixon ZX5’s, but the Hot Metals performed best. I tested several sets of irons. Coming from a long loved combo set of Mizuno MX23 and MP32’s. Cheers

I appreciate the comments on this thread. I have been watching it for months and it was a factor in my upgrade decision. I was fitted for the JPX 921 Hot Metal irons with Nippon 1050GH Regular shafts from Club Champion in December. I really liked the Srixon ZX5’s, but the Hot Metals performed best. I tested several sets of irons. Coming from a long loved combo set of Mizuno MX23 and MP32’s. Cheers
The ZX5 and the Mizuno JPX 921 HM irons are the 2 sets I'm most interested to try. Can you give some details about what was better for you?

Back