A couple months ago I decided to take a chance and get myself some real irons. For years I've been a game improvement irons guy and felt comfortable with the extra forgiveness while sacrificing feel and workability. I was fitted for a set of 921 tour irons 4-PW with steelfiber i95s shafts and the adjustment has been interesting to say the least.

Feel is amazing, hitting draws or fades at will but everything was short and kinda frustrating. I realized that I went from a 30.5* 7iron to 34* more natural loft. Went back to the fitter and was hitting 7 iron 150 yds on the launch monitor... not happy with that distance. He bent it 2* strong and right back to my usual distance 160-165yds range. The rest of my irons were bent 2* and I feel better about the set.

Consistent ball striking and finding the center of the face is still a work-in-progress, but overall these irons are pretty damn good when you hit them right. What's the saying... once you go Player irons, you never go back?

A couple months ago I decided to take a chance and get myself some real irons. For years I've been a game improvement irons guy and felt comfortable with the extra forgiveness while sacrificing feel and workability. I was fitted for a set of 921 tour irons 4-PW with steelfiber i95s shafts and the adjustment has been interesting to say the least.

Feel is amazing, hitting draws or fades at will but everything was short and kinda frustrating. I realized that I went from a 30.5* 7iron to 34* more natural loft. Went back to the fitter and was hitting 7 iron 150 yds on the launch monitor... not happy with that distance. He bent it 2* strong and right back to my usual distance 160-165yds range. The rest of my irons were bent 2* and I feel better about the set.

Consistent ball striking and finding the center of the face is still a work-in-progress, but overall these irons are pretty damn good when you hit them right. What's the saying... once you go Player irons, you never go back?

Tours bro??!!?? I definitely gets pops next time we tee it up! Lol

I am so on the fence between the 921 Forge and the MP20 HMBs. Love both🤦🏻‍♂️

For those following along in this thread about these irons, DO NOT MISS MIZUNO MONDAY. Coming up this Monday live from the THP Tech Studio with our staff and Chris Voshall taking your questions, testing the equipment and even giving some stuff away.

Someone posted earlier about the quality of the lie loft of manufactures. I got my 921 Tour SEL iron checked today for lie and loft and to say I was shocked was an under statement they were a mixed bag of upright and flat where they were meant to be 1.5 flat. Needless to say my mixed results thus far from these irons thus far is now understandable. I spent a solid 1 and a half on trackman afterwards doing a gapping session and my results were so much better after getting the lie angles sorted. These 921 are just beautiful clubs. so happy with the looks and feel. Hopefully now the results I have been getting will be improved.

My 921 forged finally got delivered yesterday morning. Straight to the range for a couple of trays and then onto the course for 18 holes. Mixed results, my miss with my irons has always been a big left, the forged were ordered 2* flat and with how I have been setting up, the ball was heading right. A bit of ball position adjustment, and a more neutral grip seemed to sort things out a little. I was back to the range this morning to work on set up and grip. Moving the ball more central and a stronger grip compared to how I have been is producing a nice high straighter flight.

Coming from Cobra forged tec (2015/6), the 921 Forged definitely feel softer and for the best part a higher ball flight. Both sets have the same shaft in, however the Forged tec have a slightly longer shaft length and also have slightly stronger lofts. I do wish I had specified MCC Plus 4 grips as they are my preferred grip. No a big one I can swap those out easily enough. I need a few more rounds with them but initial thoughts I am very pleased with them.

18 more holes and my HMP/Forged combo are fun to hit. Distance is there through the bag and I get some extra pop in my 5-7 HMP’s. I officially hit 6 GIR today (high for me) and a few more that landed but didn’t hold the greens as they were pretty firm and not receptive. I will sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to that Mizuno feel at impact. I’ve always heard about it, but experiencing it is another thing.

18 more holes and my HMP/Forged combo are fun to hit. Distance is there through the bag and I get some extra pop in my 5-7 HMP’s. I officially hit 6 GIR today (high for me) and a few more that landed but didn’t hold the greens as they were pretty firm and not receptive. I will sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to that Mizuno feel at impact. I’ve always heard about it, but experiencing it is another thing.

Sounds like a great round! Glad to hear these are working so well for you

Just indoor golf so far but the hmp are tremendous clubs and the lack of offset really helps that left miss. Not the highest spinners but definitely consistent and so far I'm really impressed 4-gw

Um. The HMP are something else. Truly shocked me tonight.

I've had a chance to think about my round yesterday and crappy swings aside, I keep coming back to consistency. Throughout my set I have consistent numbers and they gap well. Even with the slight jump in yards out of my 5-7 HMP irons, the 8-PW gap well and have some pop to themselves when struck well. I think the biggest takeaway for me is coming with the HMP 5 & 6 irons. I have been very inconsistent with those clubs in my bag and have struggled to find an iron to instill some confidence. The CF-19's did that, but not as consistently as the HMP's. @badolds played with me yesterday and repeatedly commented on how great the ball sounded coming off the longer irons as well as the distance they were giving me. #7 yesterday was a 168yd par 3 slightly uphill. I pulled the 6i and a nice swing produced a draw that just missed the green but left me pin high and an easy pitch back to the hole. Confidence is sky high with this set right now.

Today is going to be a whole lot of fun with these irons live from the THP Tech Studio.

As part of the THP Showcase, if you have questions, we will have Chris Voshall with us virtually to answer and discuss.

I've had a chance to think about my round yesterday and crappy swings aside, I keep coming back to consistency. Throughout my set I have consistent numbers and they gap well. Even with the slight jump in yards out of my 5-7 HMP irons, the 8-PW gap well and have some pop to themselves when struck well. I think the biggest takeaway for me is coming with the HMP 5 & 6 irons. I have been very inconsistent with those clubs in my bag and have struggled to find an iron to instill some confidence. The CF-19's did that, but not as consistently as the HMP's. @badolds played with me yesterday and repeatedly commented on how great the ball sounded coming off the longer irons as well as the distance they were giving me. #7 yesterday was a 168yd par 3 slightly uphill. I pulled the 6i and a nice swing produced a draw that just missed the green but left me pin high and an easy pitch back to the hole. Confidence is sky high with this set right now.
After the round I hit Mikes 7 and 8 irons and the feel is just perfect. The Hot Metals look so good and feel even better.

Great show with @Canadan and Chris, with this lineup being highlighted. Forged and Hot Metal Pro have my full attention, and I'm sure many others in here too.

Great looking lineup across the board that has something for everyone. Cant wait to see the match later today!

@Canadan may have sold a few clubs today, no?

Great show with @Canadan and Chris, with this lineup being highlighted. Forged and Hot Metal Pro have my full attention, and I'm sure many others in here too.

Great looking lineup across the board that has something for everyone. Cant wait to see the match later today!

I need to catch this stream later. Very excited to hear more about this lineup.

I need to catch this stream later. Very excited to hear more about this lineup.
You'll definitely want to, it was entertaining and informative!

Dan was hitting the 921 tours really well during the live event.

Can a high handicap play the HMP's? I've been playing HB3 hybrid irons with success. But, I am afraid to take my training wheels off, lol.

Back