Mizuno MP-20 Irons

wubears71;n8899816 said:
I’m just hoping the MP 20 line isn’t like the MP 18s where the initial reviews were glowing and then I started to see less praise as time went on.

My perception is that most golf club reviews, feedback tail off over time. New is sexy. And then where's the next new? My wife calls me a marketer's dream. I suspect I share that gene with other internet golfers.

BTW, I love my MP18 MMCs. I am slowly becoming a better player because of those clubs. I would be an idiot to get new clubs. And, I have the hots for the MP20s (and P790s and ...). Marketer's dream ...

Canadan;n8899861 said:
I'm not sure when the last time I was this amped up to hit an iron haha

8 days, at the home course, it's demo time!

So next weekend is a good time to visit? :alien:

Now that I ordered them today I wonder when they will ship.

Now here is something funny. It’s like my JPX 900s new I ordered new clubs. I was struggling and then I placed the order. The next 10 holes, I had 2 birdies and shot +4 over those holes. My clubs just have ears.

The MMC and MB have me drooling! LOVED the 18’s when I demoed them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a full HMB set today. Gonna be a long 2 week wait until they ship!!

Hi the MB, so soft. Love the MMC too. Don't need HMB yet, but I might snatch a 3 iron on the marketplace or BST next spring for cheaper.

I downloaded the new Mizuno Shaft optimizer app update that has the new shaft and irons. I inputed my usual data manually and its recommending me based on

94.6 (SS) 5.33 2.33 4 4.67

Unlocked all shaft settings:

1. $ Tapers X hard stepped 1
2. KBS Tour X HS
3. C Taper X SS
4. DG TIX100 HS
5. N Modus 125x HS

12. Modus 120 x HS

I felt I enjoyed 120x the best bc I can slow it down and feel everything through impact. I tried it a couple days ago and it gave me a nice high flight that just fell down nicely around 190-200 yard flag stick. I have $ Taper x in z forged, I liked them, but I feel they are too demanding, especially the back 9 when fatigue creeps in. I'm trying to find more smoothness and control and I found heavy shafts just forces me to go harder, making unpredictable paths and more mishits. Perhaps an $ taper S hard stepped once? since it'll be 120grams and plays close to a S+?

I don't know, I think I was bummed to find the modus 120 so far down the list lol. I know the optimizer is merely a starting point to try shafts and shouldn't focus on the top 3. Funny thing is I was fitted into modus 120x during my Srixon fitting but went with $tapers bc I had a hunch they fit be best, but now I'm not sure if $ tapers x works for me. I enjoy the feel of them but I think they are just too heavy.

I'm anxious to place an order, because the end of season is here with about a month of golf left. I might go with my gut and do the modus 120x, but I feel I could be find with $ taper S hard stepped? ugh.

That was fun. I grabbed my favorite pro at the club and we opened the Mizuno boxes with the new MP20 heads and shafts. Ended up liking the KBS Tour 130 x shaft the best. The 130 C-Taper X had the best flight and felt super precise on good hits, but mishits were rough. I also liked the Modus 3 130 x. It had a softer impact feel but a little higher flight. The 20 MMC is much improved from the 18 with better sound and feel. Looks great at address. The HMB is long and higher flight with a soft feel off the face. HMB has a good sound (not hollow), but I struggled to hear differences across the face. I didn't lose much on toe hits. I didn't hit the MB. If I were buy a set, I would go with a combo MMC and HMB in longer irons. We also hit the 919 Forged and Hot Metal Pro. Both were move forgiving than either of the MP 20 heads I hit. And then the pro asked if I would try the Apex 19 pro. We went down a whole different shaft rabbit hole there, and now I am swing exhausted. 3 buckets. I have more questions than when I started for what I want to play but have zero doubts a lot of better players are going to be very happy with the MP 20 lineup.

Such sweet looking clubs...I'm not really in the market but I still want to try them.

I actually had a dream about the set I ordered last night. Mizuno called me in the dream and said the SEL set I ordered are all assembled and will ship out immediately and I will have them Wednesday. In the dream, I was sent a picture of them and there was a glow behind the irons.

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas.

mtcowdog;n8900125 said:
That was fun. I grabbed my favorite pro at the club and we opened the Mizuno boxes with the new MP20 heads and shafts. Ended up liking the KBS Tour 130 x shaft the best. The 130 C-Taper X had the best flight and felt super precise on good hits, but mishits were rough. I also liked the Modus 3 130 x. It had a softer impact feel but a little higher flight. The 20 MMC is much improved from the 18 with better sound and feel. Looks great at address. The HMB is long and higher flight with a soft feel off the face. HMB has a good sound (not hollow), but I struggled to hear differences across the face. I didn't lose much on toe hits. I didn't hit the MB. If I were buy a set, I would go with a combo MMC and HMB in longer irons. We also hit the 919 Forged and Hot Metal Pro. Both were move forgiving than either of the MP 20 heads I hit. And then the pro asked if I would try the Apex 19 pro. We went down a whole different shaft rabbit hole there, and now I am swing exhausted. 3 buckets. I have more questions than when I started for what I want to play but have zero doubts a lot of better players are going to be very happy with the MP 20 lineup.

I am so pumped to hear what the HMB sounds like when I swing it. Sounds to me as though you were pleased with the feedback profile.

They are so sexy.

Canadan;n8902493 said:
Let’s goooooo!!!!!!

87ca4f4a993f3fc89022b4e8954aaa91.jpg

bb5ecc9e34ca7ed41c6bdf6c81fcf191.jpg

c7742e94295a3634bc42d4be129aadf3.jpg

Will we get feedback right away or is your demo for a write up? Just curious...

Does the yellow mean they are demo heads?

DNice26;n8902516 said:
Will we get feedback right away or is your demo for a write up? Just curious...

They are demo heads from my golf course. I’ll share thoughts soon!

wubears71;n8902519 said:
Does the yellow mean they are demo heads?

Yellow means they are two upright (mizuno is pretty typically one flat from every other company). I used to think it was also for the yellow shafts which are +1/2 and a touch heavier but i am not sure that rings true anymore.

Canadan;n8902493 said:
Let’s goooooo!!!!!!

87ca4f4a993f3fc89022b4e8954aaa91.jpg

bb5ecc9e34ca7ed41c6bdf6c81fcf191.jpg

c7742e94295a3634bc42d4be129aadf3.jpg

Tell me if I should just buy HMB’s now or not. This all hinges on you Danathan.

Canadan;n8902524 said:
Yellow means they are two upright (mizuno is pretty typically one flat from every other company). I used to think it was also for the yellow shafts which are +1/2 and a touch heavier but i am not sure that rings true anymore.

Got it. I ordered my MP20s 1.5 deg upright. I didn’t even think of looking at their spec lie. At least I have a Mitchell if they need adjusting.

Good to know. Thanks.

Canadan;n8902545 said:
Let’s just say i didn’t bother hitting the MB.

You have the game to play them. I would have loved to hear your feedback.

I would have probably gone all HMB if it was offered in lefty but I’ll take the SEL set.

Back