Mizuno MP-20 Irons

funkysi;n8904036 said:
Love the looks of these and the HMB is calling me but holy moly are these expensive. $1899 here in Canada, compared to the $1399 the MP18 were at. Seems irons have taken a leap in price point this season.

I was just having that discussion on the golf course. Basically I said that i thought the MP20 SEL set I bought was a steal. But I was comparing it to the ultra premium lines we are now seeing. So although I just spent a few hundred more than what I would have spent on a set of irons a few years ago, I felt like they were priced well because I was not paying $3k for them.

funkysi;n8904036 said:
Love the looks of these and the HMB is calling me but holy moly are these expensive. $1899 here in Canada, compared to the $1399 the MP18 were at. Seems irons have taken a leap in price point this season.

What is the right price?

T-MB's are way more.
P790's are right in that realm.
Titleist is right there with T series.
i500 are right there.
Apex are more.

I believe they are up from 1,200 from the MP-18 release, but if all companies are raising their price point, does it not make sense that these would as well?

Canadan;n8904396 said:
What is the right price?

T-MB's are way more.
i500 are right there.
Apex are more.

I believe they are up from 1,200 from the MP-18 release, but if all companies are raising their price point, does it not make sense that these would as well?

I just looked at a receipt for the Callaway Apex irons I purchased in 2014 - the price before taxes for a 3i - PW set was $1,199. In today's dollars that is about $1,300, so in reality prices are about the same relative to where they were in 2014.

Canadan;n8904396 said:
What is the right price?

T-MB's are way more.
i500 are right there.
Apex are more.

I wasn’t singling these out, more a general observation that irons seems to have spiked in price across the board this year.

baylrballa;n8603130 said:
I want to get good enough just so I can play mizuno blades.

Me too! I work part time at my local golf store and I was drooling when the demos came in. Taking them to the range this weekend.

HMB is nice, but too hot for me. was hitting 7 iron 15-20 yards further (at one point I register the 7 iron at 223 yards). I can see myself getting a 3 iron bent 1 degree strong and make it a solid driving iron. I would get 4-6 MMC since those are the clubs I swing near 100% and would enjoy the extra forgiveness and take the 7-PW in blades for scoring irons that gives me the right distance every time as I swing those 70-85%.

I got to hit the HMB's and the MMC today in 7i's and...

I want a set of HMB right NOW.

The feel is impeccable. The look is incredible.

The performance is LEGIT.

With a C-Taper X in both (not my favorite setup, in fact, no matter how many times they come up on the optimizer I loathe them) and mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

HMB win out for me over the MMC as I actually saw LOWER spin with the MMC (521 RPM on avg) which is not a good thing for me in the irons. 7i was still coming in a little low spin wise for that club in the 5,500 RPM range but 124 ball speed with 14.4 launch and 176 carry is....well...solid. Honestly, I think with a shaft setup like the elevates they could be even better for my needs.

Want. Want. Want.

Jman;n8907856 said:
I got to hit the HMB's and the MMC today in 7i's and...

I want a set of HMB right NOW.

The feel is impeccable. The look is incredible.

The performance is LEGIT.

With a C-Taper X in both (not my favorite setup, in fact, no matter how many times they come up on the optimizer I loathe them) and mannnnnnnnnnnnnn.

HMB win out for me over the MMC as I actually saw LOWER spin with the MMC (521 RPM on avg) which is not a good thing for me in the irons. 7i was still coming in a little low spin wise for that club in the 5,500 RPM range but 124 ball speed with 14.4 launch and 176 carry is....well...solid. Honestly, I think with a shaft setup like the elevates they could be even better for my needs.

Want. Want. Want.

How do those numbers compare to the Apex irons you have had in your bag most of the year?

Tenputt;n8907980 said:
How do those numbers compare to the Apex irons you have had in your bag most of the year?

I’d have to go hit the 7i on the LM to tell you honestly. Slightly less carry, slightly more spin, a much better feel in the 7 especially since that’s the CF19 in my convo set.

These, some Elevate's installed with some BB&F ferrules?

HAUNTING ME.

After all the hype on the new Mizuno MP-20 Irons, I like most THP'ers could not wait to give them a try.

Luckily for me my Local Mizuno Performance Fitter had them in stock this week and I could not resist the need to Demo the MP-20's.

I compared them to My MP-5's and my own Hollow Bodied Irons, from another Brand.

In a few words....

Wow! Astounding! The best feeling irons I have ever tested. Even when compared to other cavity back and Muscle back irons by Mizuno.

The Hype in this case is not hype.

First of all, the MB MP-20 is longer and more forgiving than the MP-5.

Secondly, when hit back to back. Semi-Blind testing. I could not feel, hear or detect different in the MB, MMC or the HMB. The feel was not only Spectacular in the way only Mizuno can make a Iron. But to give a Cavity Back and a Hollow Bodied iron the same feel as a Muscle Back is beyond belief.

If you pull out a magnifying glass, only the top edges of the irons are maybe a Millimeter thicker between the MB and the More forgiving MMC and HMB.

Plus the difference in distance and dispersion is perfect. Anyone can mix and match these Irons as they see fit to meet their needs. The Gaping and feel from the MB, to the MMC or the HMB is seamless.

For me personally, I went straight home and started collecting the money from my cookie jar.

I hate to recommend anyone try them. Because if you do you will fall in love.

Donations are accepted. Please help this THPer in need.

Will work for clubs.

One final word. Obviously go get fit to get the most out of your new Toys.

And watch your friends turn green with envy.

These are in my opinion the best Irons on the Market. And leave everyone else running back to the Lab to try and match these Gems.

Chrome check.

Buttery Feel. Check.

Must have Irons for 2020.

MP-20. CHECK. CHECK. CHECK.

CONGRATULATIONS Mizuno MP-20 are a legitimate Home run.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the feel on the HMB drew a "holy hell" audible reaction from me as well as one of my HS kiddos yesterday.

Jman;n8908150 said:
Yeah, the feel on the HMB drew a "holy hell" audible reaction from me as well as one of my HS kiddos yesterday.

The delivery of my SEL cannot come soon enough.

Some THPers at the Ultimate Weekend of Golf will be happy.

bf02ce0fea89ac8cff6d6bbff0c96593.jpg

JB;n8908162 said:

Ooh baby, please tell me there’s an X shaft in at least one of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um. If there are some HMB's in there, don't mind the breaking and entering that might occur in the next few nights.

Um. If there are some HMB's in there, don't mind the breaking and entering that might occur in the next few nights.

Does Hammock Beach have good security? I doubt it.

This line seems to be receiving nothing but praise.

I'm absolutely smitten wit my Apex Pro 19s still and have held off having even a hint of a wandering eye this past year, but these Mizunos sure look good in the window, if you know what I mean.

too straight. Way too confusing lolol
And good spin for me still. But long. And straight. And feel WAY better than my CF19 7i.

And good spin for me still. But long. And straight. And feel WAY better than my CF19 7i.
Feedback is really positive.

I thought all three from the lineup shared a similar profile which is a wonderful situation when it comes to blending.,

Back