Mizuno MP-H5 Irons Review Thread

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The MP-H5 is a pretty interesting set from Mizuno Golf. While very much an MP design in looks, specs, and set make-up, the H5 features hollow body long irons (1-6) and 'half-hollow' scoring irons (7-PW). Increased MOI (over other MP irons) is certainly a bonus of this design, but the real attraction here for some players will be the set's higher flight, especially in the long irons. This is going to be an iron that we probably see quite a bit in mixed/combo sets because it will flow well into the rest of the MP line while offering some help with a higher, softer landing ball flight in the long irons.

I don't think people should confuse the H5's with the JPX series though. These irons definitely don't appear to be distance oriented in any way and likely are going to offer less forgiveness even with the hollow design (though the long irons may prove me wrong there) due to the muscle-cavity design.

You'll notice some progression in the sole width as the irons get longer, which is again a feature intended to help get the ball in the air. A feature I noticed immediately that I like, and I think many will like, is the trailing edge bevel that gives the benefits of the wide sole for launch conditions without being too clunky or bouncy.

Stock shaft is the KBS Tour C-Taper Lite, which is also going to help some elevate the ball. Those who have seen the CTL will also understand that this makes for an extremely sexy looking iron set.

tech-diagram-mp-h5

• 1 Through 6 Iron: Full hollow design with high COR maraging steel face for easy launch and long, consistent distance.
  • 7 Through PW: Half hollow 1025E Grain Flow Forged design for easy launch and soft, solid, consistent feel.

Specs
:
Club #123456789PW
LHN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/AN/A
Loft º161821º24º27º30º34º38º42º46º
Lie º58.5º59.0º59.5º60.0º60.5º61.0º61.5º62.0º62.5º63.0º
Off Set "0.154"0.150"0.146"0.142"0.134"0.126"0.122"0.118"0.110"0.102"
Bounce º0.5º
Length "39.75"39.25"38.75"38.25"37.75"37.25"36.75"36.25"35.75"35.50

DSCN5623-L.jpg

DSCN5624-L.jpg

DSCN5622-L.jpg

DSCN5621-L.jpg

DSCN5625-L.jpg

DSCN5627-L.jpg

DSCN5628-L.jpg

DSCN5631-L.jpg

DSCN5632-L.jpg

DSCN5580-L.jpg

DSCN5583-L.jpg

DSCN5581-L.jpg

DSCN5586-L.jpg

DSCN5587-L.jpg

DSCN5591-L.jpg

DSCN5594-L.jpg

DSCN5596-L.jpg

DSCN5610-L.jpg

DSCN5612-L.jpg

DSCN5617-L.jpg

DSCN5619-L.jpg

DSCN5620-L.jpg

1) Busting out the black background, I dig it.

2) Those are not what I pictured, it makes sense, but I just wasn't picturing it.

Now, I'm INCREDIBLY curious about your thoughts and how the CTL pairing is with them.

So these are pretty interesting. Looks are definitely there.

I like that they seem to give the longer irons a chance.

Gamed them yet Ryan?

JM

Holy load of pics! Very nice hawk. These have improved dramatically in aesthetics over the h4 IMO. Interested in what your thoughts are.

Am I the only one the pics aren't working for? (using I.E. on Windows 8.1)

I'll be following along closely. The 1 or 2 iron with a KBS Tour is on my ponder list. Again, great pictures. All of you guys.

I like the looks and interesting to see the lofts on these. I can see where distances compared to other irons on the market won't be comparable

Well done, Hawk. Nice pictures and summary. I liked the H4's and am looking forward to following along here. It appears Mizuno has improved the looks of the irons - they don't seem quite so bulky, which is maybe a product of the sole relief.

Very nice looking. I will definitely give these a try. Looking at the specs if I go 2-pw I might have a reason to finally give up my MP Fli-Hi's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

So these are pretty interesting. Looks are definitely there.

I like that they seem to give the longer irons a chance.

Gamed them yet Ryan?

JM
Not yet. Probably not for a few days unfortunately.

Nice pics, when you playing them

Nice and clean.
Little junk in the trunk that I could handle.
And a great shaft pairing

Hoping Sunday. They came too late to make the trip to the course with me today.

ooo smack, must been burning in your brain while golfing

Oh I like these as well. Nice clean and sleek look.

As always with Mizuno, grain flowed sexiness.

I think you need to be added to the Canadan, Jman Picture-Off. gorgeous stuff! Looking forward to your thoughts!

Nice looking irons though I must say the top lines look a little thicker in the pictures than what I would expect to see from the MP line. Possibly due to the hollow body I am guessing.

beautiful looking set if irons imo. Would love to hit these

You have my full attention Ryan!

I am not a big Mizuno fan, but I really like the looks of these.

Great photos Ryan.

These just scream J40 CB to me especially the cavity / sole.

Really interested in the thoughts of the longer irons and how they compare to hybrids.

Have you had a chance to hit the MP-H4 Hawk?

Last edited:
Back