Mizuno ST-G220 Driver

Nice video.

I absolutely cannot wait to not just learn more about this, but to hit it too!

I’m wondering if there will be other weights available for customization. As if i need to be thinking about tinkering.

Last edited:
So today, i play the pxg gen 4 811x. After seeing the commercial about my friends being strapped to a hog, in the mud (wtf?) I’m just hoping this club wins! I really hate that commercial!

Is parsons really the speaker?

again

1627161054779.gif

Please showtime g 220 be better!

Last edited:
I really am eager to sit this one down next to my ST-X, really curious to see the profile in hand, and the face depth comparatively because the X is DEEP.

Deep, i really like deep faced drivers. I know it’s a mental thing, but still.

Deep, i really like deep faced drivers. I know it’s a mental thing, but still.
It’s a preference for my sanity….and tomahawk chop driver swing :LOL:

It’s a preference for my sanity….and tomahawk chop driver swing :LOL:
As another of the self ‘taught’ golfers, in quite sure you guys are in for some interesting swings from me. Nothing in the realm of the round mound of rebound, I’ll be interested in hearing comments…after it’s all over, so that i can perhaps achieve the elusive 79.

what I’ll probably hear is ‘take up some other sport!’

As another of the self ‘taught’ golfers, in quite sure you guys are in for some interesting swings from me. Nothing in the realm of the round mound of rebound, I’ll be interested in hearing comments…after it’s all over, so that i can perhaps achieve the elusive 79.

what I’ll probably hear is ‘take up some other sport!’
Hahaha, nah my dude. It’s all about fun. That’s the beauty of THP Experiences and why after last year I’m so damn pumped to hang out with you all and enjoy it! Swing your swing, The King never lies.

While we cannot give technical details, it was pretty cool to deliver these to 6 THPers today and they were the first consumers in North America to have their hands on them and put them in play with Mizuno.

While we cannot give technical details, it was pretty cool to deliver these to 6 THPers today and they were the first consumers in North America to have their hands on them and put them in play with Mizuno.
So far, everyone seems impressed with the little time they have had with them.

I mean…..

6E161B51-E71E-404C-BDE1-A460136229F4.jpeg11829E79-CF93-4A52-8BB5-BA8CF1CE49E1.jpegDC9BC655-0F0B-4862-B6D4-A0B0F69793CF.jpeg

Is the B-Ti face new?

edit: I just looked and see that it’s on the prior one.

Tell us more! How does it compare to the STx and STz I only ask cause I know you have hit both. And yes I know you can't give any technical details
Can’t get into tech. But, think “in-between”. Ample adjustability, great sound.

If it retains or improves the sound of the ST-x, then it might be worth a look, but right now I'm skeptical that adding two sliding weights will make for any kind of significant improvement over the X.

It is a handsome head, great sound, and it’s 6 AM and I’m still thinking about my next adjustment

Anddddd, good morning everyone. I have a range date on Thursday, will play with adjustabilty with a purpose, in the heat and humidity and with so much golf to play, I tried to basically replicate the old driver in the new one - it was ok (my adjustments) and when I put a good swing on it, got results that I was VERY happy with, once matches were over I started to tinker - so I cannot say how my tinkering applied with only 1 or shots to test.

That said, this driver is firmly in my bag (as are the wedges). I don't know what constitutes tech versus general info/data - so I will refrain from saying anything - but I do know what the ST and X Y and G stand for (though I have sort of forgot the ST - not really). So, when/if I am green lighted to say, I will - in case anyone is curious.

If you like to tinker, like deep faced drivers, this club is for you. It really is that simple.

Stay well everyone!

I adjusted mine from a neutral position to taking the fade weight and putting it in the high MOI slot, leaving the draw weight towards the back so as not to go draw overboard. Worked well for most of the two days. Still want range time and then will compare with Epic Speed on Trackman.

My swing was just not there this weekend. Some of that was the nagging shoulder issue and a lot of that was the muscle pull issue. I hit several nice little cuts yesterday on the course which is not really an unusual ball flight for me. On the range I hit several nice straight to mild fade balls. I knew it was not good when @Vosh68 and I were talking yesterday and he told me he could see my body trying to protect itself in my swing all day long. Hopefully a few days of rest will heal up some injuries and I can really get back to work and put the driver through it’s paces.

Back