Mizuno ST-X and ST-Z Driver Review

These just hit Golf town’s site in Canada

Another net session tonight.

Lol this ST-x looks/feels/sounds amazing. I have no idea on distance or ball flight but cant wait to get it out to the course.

Last edited:
I can’t believe I missed this. I think the ST-Z will be my 2021 driver.

But they don’t have any Shafts I want in stock, not that it’s a deal breaker, but a bummer. I want that Black RDX in 6.5. They don’t have anything I want in stock. I’m throwing something else in it anyways, but JR prolly needs to get into that Black RDX.

$400.00 seems excessively fair too. Just get some Shafts in stock people! 🤣 fracking Covid supply chain. Ick.

Ok screw Mizuno’s website, lol. They’d have sold a driver tonight. They have 9.5 degree heads in stock. But you can only pair it with anR-flex shaft. If you switch to the only semi usable shaft in stock you can only get the 10.5*.

Sigh. I’ll keep an eye on the for sales on here.

I can’t believe I missed this. I think the ST-Z will be my 2021 driver.

But they don’t have any Shafts I want in stock, not that it’s a deal breaker, but a bummer. I want that Black RDX in 6.5. They don’t have anything I want in stock. I’m throwing something else in it anyways, but JR prolly needs to get into that Black RDX.

$400.00 seems excessively fair too. Just get some Shafts in stock people! 🤣 fracking Covid supply chain. Ick.
It’d damn good. I’m also REALLY enjoying the 6.5 RDX Black which surprises me a bit to be honest.

Ok screw Mizuno’s website, lol. They’d have sold a driver tonight. They have 9.5 degree heads in stock. But you can only pair it with anR-flex shaft. If you switch to the only semi usable shaft in stock you can only get the 10.5*.

Reach out to Budget.

Reach out to Budget.

That should be automatic, derp! I don’t have to wait for their summer clearance where I buy all my clothes for the year, lol.

Checking.....

Good call @Jman , thanks!

Doubt it will work on this but anyone remember the THP coupon code? 090C1843-21B7-4EB6-AA56-9F18940C5BD0.png

One day closer to my Driver order showing up! :D

Another net session tonight.

Lol this ST-x looks/feels/sounds amazing. I have no idea on distance or ball flight but can wait to get it out to the course.

You won't be disappointed. Have several rounds in with mine and it's been the most consistent and long driver I've ever hit.

You never order from the Mizuno site - common knowledge. Any one of their vendors can get you whatever you want easily.

I feel like I gave up on my driver too soon, but the TSi2 is working so well for me.

Also not convinced I should have went with the Z instead of the X. More pondering. I love the fairway wood so much - I gotta think I could find the right combo with the driver.

I've got a lot going on right now working with drivers for reviews, fun, addiction, being a *****, whatever you want to call it...

But this DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP face makes me so happy. Its a little bit throwback in that regard and I'm here for it.

I can’t wait to find out in 11 days! Been salivating over these for some time.

I was surprised to read that the draw version has a smaller foot print than the regular head. Did I read that correct?

I was surprised to read that the draw version has a smaller foot print than the regular head. Did I read that correct?
Yes, deeper face than the ST-Zed

Reactions: MH
Many have seen the contest we have right now giving one of these away.
And of course have two forum members being whisked away to Vegas for fitting with Danny Le and Chris Voshall for a few days of golf.

Do not forget coming up, we have Shaft Up #2 with UST Mamiya and Mizuno at a major championship venue and it is going to be AWESOME for a couple of THPers.

My speed isn’t back yet, but we are getting there. This plays.
FC9A8A2B-F7C1-4975-8496-DAE964CB5B1C.jpeg

And this was on a tee box and I didn’t do a great job of aligning it while on the course :rolleyes:

Sprayed the ST-X a little this weekend with a stiff shaft in there, but definitely did not see the draw bias though that might have had some shaft contribution as well. Going to plug the trusty smoke black 6.5 in later this week when I get an adaptor.

My speed isn’t back yet, but we are getting there. This plays.
View attachment 9002789

And this was on a tee box and I didn’t do a great job of aligning it while on the course :rolleyes:

How are you getting along with the ST-X regarding shot shape, forgiveness, etc.? Are you able to control it, keep it in play? Ease of use, or touchy?

I blind ordered the -X, but have naturally ben pondering the -Z while I await arrival. I'm hopeful the -X is going to be just the ticket.

How are you getting along with the ST-X regarding shot shape, forgiveness, etc.? Are you able to control it, keep it in play? Ease of use, or touchy?

I blind ordered the -X, but have naturally ben pondering the -Z while I await arrival. I'm hopeful the -X is going to be just the ticket.
It’s excellent. It’s draw biased, but it doesn’t play nearly as much as people expect. Shot shape is personal to the user as always and if I couldn’t keep it in play it wouldn’t stand a chance in the bag, event or not :ROFLMAO:

I get on really well with Deep faces and this might be the deepest of all the new releases. A whole lot of comfort and confidence, plus, it’s the best sounding driver on the market imo.

Back