Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my team, everyone with a K was a keeper from previous year.
We also have a 6 round supplemental draft, where it doesnt hit ur cap but to keep one of those the following year its $8. Funny thing about Willingham, I didnt keep him for $8 cause I thought there would be some OF talent to pick from...WRONG. So he was my last guy picked up and to max my cap I got him for like $29 lol

This is the Year!

Propose Trade

I love how well this Indians team is jelling. Francona was the best hire ever. How he became the scapegoat in Boston is beyond me, but their loss is our gain. They have a list of all the players who were in each costume here.

I love how well this Indians team is jelling. Francona was the best hire ever. How he became the scapegoat in Boston is beyond me, but their loss is our gain. They have a list of all the players who were in each costume here.

Looks like they are having a really good time!!!

Not sure what's worse, aroid making that cash or the lack of it being spent by Houston.

Or the fact that it is allowed in the rules to have one team spending 229 million or whatever and another 20. They need a floor badly and they DESPARATELY need a ceiling. Make the ceiling 150 million.

Salaries go down across the board
Parity goes up.
Big teams still can spend more on scouting, facilities, etc.
Small teams can now compete year in and year out.

Or the fact that it is allowed in the rules to have one team spending 229 million or whatever and another 20. They need a floor badly and they DESPARATELY need a ceiling. Make the ceiling 150 million.

Salaries go down across the board
Parity goes up.
Big teams still can spend more on scouting, facilities, etc.
Small teams can now compete year in and year out.

I agree with ya, same teams year in and year out spending rediculous amounts of money while so many spend less than 80 mil. That's why come playoff time I'm always rooting for The small market team, just can't stand the huge gaps in the league

I think they should start with a floor and then later consider a ceiling. The issue is the MLBPA is so powerful compared to most unions that a ceiling might be very difficult

TapaTalk from the iPhone

This season is the lowest expectations I've had for the Yankees in about 20 years. I'm hoping they surprise me but with all the injuries, a lot of guys are going to need to step up. Pitching staff is going to have to bring it every night.

I will just never understand the idea of how if a league is supposed to be a level playing field, why is it not a level playing field. I am still waiting for a single negative from having a hard cap. It has shown to bring in more fans, shown to bring in more teams and shown to bring in hopes for every area, large or small.

I will just never understand the idea of how if a league is supposed to be a level playing field, why is it not a level playing field. I am still waiting for a single negative from having a hard cap. It has shown to bring in more fans, shown to bring in more teams and shown to bring in hopes for every area, large or small.

As you know, I am a huge baseball fan, and I will agree that it isn't a level playing field. He who has the most money will win. Fortunately, I do not believe that the money that is spent on great abundance will bit championships year in and year put.

The players would be very unhappy and the MLBPA is quite powerful from what I've heard from the head of it.

I'm all for a hard cap, though the team that spends doesn't always win. See: Mets, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels. Some of the younger teams are starting to come into their potential from a strong farm system like the Nats and Athletics.

The players would be very unhappy and the MLBPA is quite powerful from what I've heard from the head of it.

I'm all for a hard cap, though the team that spends doesn't always win. See: Mets, Red Sox, Dodgers, Angels. Some of the younger teams are starting to come into their potential from a strong farm system like the Nats and Athletics.

Screw em! Let em lock out until the realize they are all broke.
They dont always win, you are right. But they give themselves a chance to win. A rich team can sign a guy and have it not pan out. Someone else makes a mistake, the team is doomed for a decade.

Screw em! Let em lock out until the realize they are all broke.
They dont always win, you are right. But they give themselves a chance to win. A rich team can sign a guy and have it not pan out. Someone else makes a mistake, the team is doomed for a decade.

I think the MLBPA would stay locked out longer than most leagues, which would be awful for the MLB. Just not a good situation in general.

I think more parity exists in baseball than in years past.. Rays, Nationals, Athletics, Orioles all did will last year without the highest. Look at the cardinals who stay around 110 million have had a pretty good last decade.

The Yankees haven't won much recently. I think a floor would be a great start, but the cap is going to be met with a ton of opposition

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Opening day!

I am going to post my predictions for everything here when I get to my computer. I think it would be cool if some others did it too just to compare at the end of the season

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I am going to post my predictions for everything here when I get to my computer. I think it would be cool if some others did it too just to compare at the end of the season

TapaTalk from the iPhone

AL:
Athletics over Yankees (Wild Card Game)

Athletics over Angels
Tigers over Rays

Athletics over Tigers

NL:
San Fran over St. Louis (Wild Card)

Dodgers over Giants
Braves over Cards

Dodgers over Braves

World Series: Dodgers over Athletics

AL East: Rays
AL Central: Tigers
AL West: Angels
Wildcard Teams: Rangers, Jays

NL East: Nationals
NL Central: Reds
NL West: Dodgers
Wildcard: Braves and Cards

100 Loss Teams: Astros and Marlins

Last place team with the best record (my favorite to pick): New York Yankees

World Series: Nationals over Tigers

AL CY Young: Felix Hernandez
AL MVP: Mike Trout
AL ROY: Will Myers

NL CY Young: Kershaw
NL MVP: Votto
NL ROY: Shelby Miller

TapaTalk from the iPhone

I don't know what to expect from the D'Backs this season - - they've gone from a team full of strikeout machines to a gritty grit grit team. In other words, no power and all contact hitting. I hated to see Justin Upton go, but going to ATL might be the best thing for him; instead of carrying a team, he is now just another bat in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back