Status
Not open for further replies.
That's been the key, a rebuild without parting with young arms that are high in demand

Go Tigers!!!! Hopefully they can finally win a World Series, granted they play in an easy division they should make it back to the playoffs. Plus adding T. Hunter and having a healthy Victor Martinez will help their batting order! I am very excited for the season to start! I also don't mind seeing Verlander's girlfriend Kate Upton at most of the games ;)

Go Tigers!!!! Hopefully they can finally win a World Series, granted they play in an easy division they should make it back to the playoffs. Plus adding T. Hunter and having a healthy Victor Martinez will help their batting order! I am very excited for the season to start! I also don't mind seeing Verlander's girlfriend Kate Upton at most of the games ;)

Hope their bullpen can have a good year. It will be a long year if the starters have to go 8 innings all the time.
They should score a lot of runs that's for sure.

Hope their bullpen can have a good year. It will be a long year if the starters have to go 8 innings all the time.
They should score a lot of runs that's for sure.

Yes, i agree with you their bullpen is a little shaky, they are very high on that Rondon and want him to win the job this year. I am wondering if they are going to trade Porcello or Smyly before the season starts? Either way it will be a fun year!

And there's certainly no guarantee of a healthy martinez, at least based on recent history

And there's certainly no guarantee of a healthy martinez, at least based on recent history

Great point on Martinez,
Injuries and age don't work well together.
Hopefully just being the DH he will be okay.

Fantasy Question for a keeper league I'm in.

I'm considering moving Jason Heyward for BJ Upton and Brandon Morrow (SP Tor)
I hate to move Jason b/c he's a beast but I don't loose much from BJ and I need some pitching help.

Thoughts?

I hate to move Jason b/c he's a beast but I don't loose much from BJ and I need some pitching help.

Thoughts?

Depends on what ultimate shows up, if its .230 upton, no thanks

But with morrow he's a good add to

Thoughts?
Thats tough. It all depends on what Upton the Braves get this year. IMO, Heyward has a better year than BJ, especially since he will be in a better spot in the order surrounded by Freeman and Uggla.

Thoughts?

Lots of questions first. How many keepers? Auction league with salaries? What does the rest of your roster look like?

Lots of questions first. How many keepers? Auction league with salaries? What does the rest of your roster look like?

Keeper league with salaries. Capped. Salaries increase yearly. Much stronger hitters than pitchers at this point is why I'm close to making the deal. I'd be able to keep jhey or BJ the same amt 3 years before I have to cut and sent them back to the draft pool

Also depends on balance of team, ultimate will have more steals and runs than heyward so if u need that for balance no reason not to.

Keeper league with salaries. Capped. Salaries increase yearly. Much stronger hitters than pitchers at this point is why I'm close to making the deal. I'd be able to keep jhey or BJ the same amt 3 years before I have to cut and sent them back to the draft pool

Okay. I say go for it. Over the next 3 years I don't see you losing too much production from BJ over Hayward. Especially if you think this will help your pitching staff.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8893139/report-alex-rodriguez-others-listed-clinic-ped-lists

Records from an anti-aging clinic in Miami list the names of prominent baseball players -- including Alex Rodriguez, Melky Cabrera and Gio Gonzalez -- and detail performance-enhancing drugs administered to them and others, according to a report Tuesday by the Miami New Times.
The names were on records Miami New Times said were given to them by an employee who worked at Biogenesis of America before it closed last month. Miami New Times reported that the records show the firm sold performance-enhancing drugs, including human growth hormone, testosterone and anabolic steroids.
Anthony Bosch, the 49-year-old head of the clinic, was connected to Manny Ramirez when the former MLB star was suspended for 50 games for violating baseball's drug policy in 2009. Bosch has never been charged by local or federal officials.
Miami New Times said it conducted a three-month investigation before releasing its 5,400-word story online on Tuesday.
Saturday, ESPN's Outside The Lines reported that Major League Baseball was investigating multiple wellness clinics in South Florida, as well as individuals with potential ties to players. The report said that the area from Boca Raton to Miami is "ground zero" for performance-enhancing drugs still filtering into the game.
Rodriguez, the New York Yankees who ended 2012 injured and on the bench during the playoffs, admitted to using steroids from 2001-03, but has said he has not used PEDs since. The New Times report said that Rodriguez's name shows up 16 times in the records it reviewed. Miami New Times reported that records indicated Rodriguez paid Bosch $3,500 for "1.5/1.5 HGH (sports perf.), creams test., glut., MIC, supplement, sports perf. Diet." There are other notations for Rodriguez as well, beginning in 2009 and continuing through last season. Rodriguez had hip surgery last month and is expected to miss some or all of the 2013 season.
Miami New Times reported that Cabrera, who signed a $16 million free agent contract with the Toronto Blue Jays during the offseason, is mentioned 14 times in the report. He was suspended last August for violating baseball's performance enhancing drugs policy while a member of the San Francisco Giants. The paper cited entries last April indicating Cabrera "has enough meds until May 4" and indicating what the paper terms a "cocktail of drugs including IGF-1 (a banned substance that stimulates insulin production and muscle growth)."
Pitcher Bartolo Colon was suspended last season for violating baseball's performance enhancing drug rules. Bosch, in his notes, says Colon's monthly fee was $3,000, according to Miami New Times.
Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers is listed on a July 2012 record, with a notation from Bosch that "need to call him, go Thur. to Texas, take meds from April 5-May 5, will owe him troches and&and will infuse them in May." Troches, according to Bosch's notes, are a type of drug lozenge which Miami New Times said includes testosterone. The Rangers issued a statement Tuesday, saying: "The Texas Rangers were contacted late last week by Miami New Times regarding the story posted this morning. At that time, the Rangers contacted Major League Baseball on that inquiry. The team has no further comment."
Gio Gonzalez of the Washington Nationals appears five times, including one charge for $1,000. His father also appears, but told Miami New Times that his son is "as clean as apple pie." Other names listed in the records obtained by Miami New Times include Cesar Carrillo, a former University of Miami pitcher, Jimmy Goins, the strength and conditioning coach at Miami for nine seasons, Cuban boxer Yuriorkis Gamboa and professional tennis player Wayne Odesnik, who was banned from tennis for two years in 2010 for allegedly trying to bring HGH into Australia.

Uh oh. Arod caught lying again? Shocking!

LOL @ Aroid. All those PEDs and he cant even get on the field due to injury.

Thoughts?

Im sorry I didnt see this. With the lineup that Toronto has I think Brandon Morrow will be a pretty solid pickup. He is pretty raw, throws hard and has some good offspeed stuff. Im not completely sold on BJ Upton, but I think this is a pretty fair trade, especially since you need pitching. I say do it

Nelson Cruz doesnt surprise me but Gio Gonzalez does. That might be big blow to the Rangers and Nationals.

Nelson Cruz doesnt surprise me but Gio Gonzalez does. That might be big blow to the Rangers and Nationals.

It will be interesting to see how credible this whole thing turns out to be

I wish Melky would have juiced when he was in Atlanta. Could have helped the Braves out a bit, instead he was a waste of space in left field. Thanks for juicing once you left buddy.

perhaps. He hasn't tested positive for anything. When/if he does those he will be a big loss.

Nelson Cruz wouldnt be a huge surprise, would nto have guessed Gio though

There has to be a way the Yankees can void his contract after all this. Cheating multiple times? Come on man.

There has to be a way the Yankees can void his contract after all this. Cheating multiple times? Come on man.

doubt there is a cheat clause in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back