Morgan Cup Sponsorships Thread

The sponsorships are really going to be different this year. Companies have more freedom to handle players as they seem fit. It will really give a connection to the tour treatment that people seek knowledge of. Some things can be done and others cant, but showcasing world class equipment is always a good thing.

I love this!!!!

Thanks for posting that Tadashi. I am going to have to think my way around the course more then I am used to for sure.

The sponsorships are really going to be different this year. Companies have more freedom to handle players as they seem fit. It will really give a connection to the tour treatment that people seek knowledge of. Some things can be done and others cant, but showcasing world class equipment is always a good thing.

I think this is another great learning and adaptation for the 2012 event. I can't wait to see what the three companies have in mind for the 24 participants.

I think it means that if a company wants to give you more than 1 pair of shoes/hats/gloves they can. If they want to set up a fitting for you at place they can. That kind of stuff. If they want to go above and beyond they are more than welcome to do so.

Both of these posts just made me really excited.

1ccd2c70.jpg
[/IMG]
bc1d6487.jpg
[/IMG]

Those chosen will be teeing it up on these two tracks

two completely different courses! If I recall, True Blue has tons of trees.

OMG - Sunday night can not come soon enough!

Should be quite a journey for a brand loyalist like yourself. Good news is that all your clubs will match still.

no doubt, I have been trying to figure out which company I would chose if I could and that would be tuff. Each company has some pretty sick stuff to offer. I pretty much figured out that I win with whatever company I get. Yay me

no doubt, I have been trying to figure out which company I would chose if I could and that would be tuff. Each company has some pretty sick stuff to offer. I pretty much figured out that I win with whatever company I get. Yay me

I am glad I do not get a say. I really would not be able to choose 1 over another at this point.

Should be quite a journey for a brand loyalist like yourself. Good news is that all your clubs will match still.

hahahaha. I take offense to that! Just kidding. At the beginning of my time here I had a mixed bag, then migrated away from it. I do like the looks of an all matching bag though. That being said I am extremely excited to hit an entire lineup from a company that I have some or very little experience with. I am very eager to compare what I hit now to what I will be hitting come July!

I have actually been going the other route. I have glanced at what each company has, but I want to wait till Sunday to really dive into the research. Completely agree that we are incredibly lucky in all regards !

I know JB said in the first post that the sponsorships would be announced after Team Hackers and Team Paradise have been finalized, but did he say they would be announced right after they were finalized? Everyone seems to be assuming it will be Sunday after the last 2 participants are announced, but that is not what he said. Could it be another JB mind game? Will he announce who is getting sponsored by what OEM 2 people a day for the next week after finalizing the teams? We don't really know yet....hmmmm.

I know JB said in the first post that the sponsorships would be announced after Team Hackers and Team Paradise have been finalized, but did he say they would be announced right after they were finalized? Everyone seems to be assuming it will be Sunday after the last 2 participants are announced, but that is not what he said. Could it be another JB mind game? Will he announce who is getting sponsored by what OEM 2 people a day for the next week after finalizing the teams? We don't really know yet....hmmmm.

Hoping for the best Yorkem. Don't give him any ideas!! :D

ooohhh. Great point. Now I'm thinking ....

Hoping for the best Yorkem. Don't give him any ideas!! :D

Hahaha...I am sure JB has already thought through every possible scenario.

Hahaha...I am sure JB has already thought through every possible scenario.

Indeed. I know every combination and idea has been thought and debated.

I have been thinking about this since it popped up earlier today. I thought the anxiety would be gone if I got selected but now it is back again thinking about who will sponsor me

I would just be happy to make it in. Although I will promise the sponsor that I will use my voodoo heritage to put hexes on the other players.

Ok so after I said I hadn't been looking in any direction, I have now spent the last hour looking at all of the offerings from all three sponsors. I can't believe all the options and possibilities. The ole head is spinning fast and furious.

Ok so after I said I hadn't been looking in any direction, I have now spent the last hour looking at all of the offerings from all three sponsors. I can't believe all the options and possibilities. The ole head is spinning fast and furious.
Dude it does that right to the end. Even when you know who your sponsor is, all you can think about is bag makeup, what clubs, what shafts, fitting ect.... it can become all consuming.

Dude it does that right to the end. Even when you know who your sponsor is, all you can think about is bag makeup, what clubs, what shafts, fitting ect.... it can become all consuming.

I can't imagine what I'm going to go through Sunday hahaha. I'm going to be locked into the computer for the entire night.

That's fantastic and I think this is a great way to organize the threads. Congrats on your sponsorships so far!

Wow, didn't expect to see these already....very cool that Team THP sponsorships are already posted...cant wait to see everyone else's!

Part of the ultimate amateur golf event is that each participant is sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon, Callaway or Bridgestone Golf and with that comes a 14 club deal and many of the other details that make this an amazing event such as apparel, staff bag and all the accessories. This thread will serve as the announcement thread for the participants and who they are sponsored by.

First up will be Team THP and then when the rest of Team Hackers and Team Paradise are announced, they will be listed as well.

Team THP
Captain - JB - :cleveland:
Coolbreeze - :callaway:
Smallville - :callaway:
Puttin4Bird - :bridgestone:
Hawk - :cleveland:
Hanks - :callaway:
Yoccos - :bridgestone:
TC - :cleveland:

Team Hackers
Captain - Chunkylover77
dhjkelly
One-T
INgolfer

Team Paradise
Captain - ddec
Howzat
ghsace
arydolphin

Was I day dreaming about being picked??? LOL Just kidding Can't wait to see who my sponsor is going to be! I feel like a kid!

Was I day dreaming about being picked??? LOL Just kidding Can't wait to see who my sponsor is going to be! I feel like a kid!

Yea the selections of you and Biggsy were cancelled, it seems THP aspires to be more like the NBA and do things then take them back. ( I am KIDDING!!! )

Back