Morgan Cup Sponsorships Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Part of the ultimate amateur golf event is that each participant is sponsored by Cleveland/Srixon, Callaway or Bridgestone Golf and with that comes a 14 club deal and many of the other details that make this an amazing event such as apparel, staff bag and all the accessories. This thread will serve as the announcement thread for the participants and who they are sponsored by.

First up will be Team THP and then when the rest of Team Hackers and Team Paradise are announced, they will be listed as well.

Team THP
Captain - JB - :cleveland:
Coolbreeze - :callaway:
Smallville - :callaway:
Puttin4Bird - :bridgestone:
Hawk - :cleveland:
Hanks - :callaway:
Yoccos - :bridgestone:
TC - :cleveland:

Team Hackers
Captain - Chunkylover77 :callaway:
dhjkelly - :callaway:
One-T - :bridgestone:
INgolfer - :callaway:
bullfrog - :bridgestone:
Yorkem - :cleveland:
mcook - :bridgestone:
tnolan - :cleveland:

Team Paradise
Captain - ddec - :bridgestone:
Howzat - :bridgestone:
ghsace - :callaway:
arydolphin - :cleveland:
biggsy - :cleveland:
TripleBogieTim - :callaway:
SW - :cleveland:
sethO - :bridgestone:

Last edited:
Sweet!!! This is being announced earlier than I expected!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Alright! this is exciting. 588 wedges, 588 irons, Mashie FW, and perhaps the Cleveland Classic driver?

Wow, I was looking forward to The Wheel of Fortune, lol. Congrats to everyone so far, huge thanks to all these sponsors.

Congrats Team THP on your equipment announcement.

Wow, great to see this out so early. Time to get your gear pondering on guys...

I am so glad there is only a few more days before I find out. I am going crazy thinking about all the possible combinations. Thanks again to:

:bridgestone:
:callaway:
and
:cleveland:

for the support they have shown this forum and this terrific event!

Nice Team THP! I am glad they told you guys first. You need all the help you can get.

Not only is Sunday the last night of participant selections but all of Team Hackers and Team Paradise find out their sponsors. Sunday is going to be crazy!!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Someone help Cletus please. He is confused again.

The Morgan Cup sponsors being announced this early is fantatsic. I don't know when the golfers will be getting their equipment. As somebody in the market for some new equipment. I know that I can trust all of the MCers so far announced to do their all to share their thoughts and experience with the forum population.

Wow sunday is going to be a crazy day around here.

Awesome! I have never played Callaway equipment and I am looking forward to working with them to get what's perfect for me!

Someone help Cletus please. He is confused again.

No confusion here. We know you have been practicing with the :cleveland: stuff for about a month now. Some how the Wow Factor has to get a leg up on the competition.

Edit: This was a joke. I meant now harm talking about JB needing a leg up. Sorry about the crappy trash talk. I will refrain from now on.

Last edited:
Reactions: JB
This is exciting! I can't wait to see which company everyone is going to represent!

I'll admit, I'm a little surprised that TC is not representing Callaway, after he did such a wonderful job for them last year, and given his last name! I guess I shouldn't pencil in One-T as a Callaway staffer either.

This just got even more exciting!

This is awesome! I bet Team THP is dreaming up their MC bags in their heads right now, what an awesome opportunity for you guys!

Has it been decided which putters the Bridgestone staffers will be using?

This makes it feel all that more real for you all. BTW, I had a feeling we might see CG/Srixon next to JB and TC.

Nice matchup by the sponsors, I know we will tons of feedback from this crew. Congrats guys

No confusion here. We know you have been practicing with the :cleveland: stuff for about a month now. Some how the Wow Factor has to get a leg up on the competition.

I hope that there is some sarcasm here. Otherwise it is way out of line.

This is exciting! It is like a team within a team! All of the sponsors have such amazing stuff, it is like a win, win, win!

In typical Cletus fashion, already calling bias.
Just like when I was told holding it in FL was a bias, so we moved it to SC.
And any of the equipment testers I guess this holds true for huh?
You could say about any brand that was selected.
Good lord, even Cletus was not expected to sink this low!

Awesome! I have never played Callaway equipment and I am looking forward to working with them to get what's perfect for me!

Congrats Smally, you'll be like a kid in a candy store once you start hitting all the Cleveland Callaway offerings.

Last edited:
Back