My custom Low Tide Putter project

Made 3 par putts over 25 feet today on aerated greens. Since changing the grip to the SS Ultra Slim 1.0, I feel like I have more control and I think it really moved the weight into my sweet spot. I love this putter so much. It's a nice feeling to be totally comfortable and confident in a golf club and not always chasing the next thing.

Nice putting dude.

Made 3 par putts over 25 feet today on aerated greens. Since changing the grip to the SS Ultra Slim 1.0, I feel like I have more control and I think it really moved the weight into my sweet spot. I love this putter so much. It's a nice feeling to be totally comfortable and confident in a golf club and not always chasing the next thing.

That's what I like to hear partner!

Loving my custom low tide so much, I am having another one made. Just waiting to confirm details and then we are a go. Cant wait. My plan is to use both and then give the first one to my daughter when she gets old enough.

Loving my custom low tide so much, I am having another one made. Just waiting to confirm details and then we are a go. Cant wait. My plan is to use both and then give the first one to my daughter when she gets old enough.

I think I saw you're going with the Whale Tail shape this time, right? That's a really nice putter shape.

I think I saw you're going with the Whale Tail shape this time, right? That's a really nice putter shape.

I was but then a wise bearded Canadian said to me, "Why change whats working for you?" So I am going with the same Fin head shape.

I was but then a wise bearded Canadian said to me, "Why change whats working for you?" So I am going with the same Fin head shape.
That sounds like something I would say. Going with the copper insert?

The Canadians are a trustworthy people. Wise choice, I think. Looking forward to seeing the final product down the road.

That sounds like something I would say. Going with the copper insert?

Coastal Fog finish with Copper insert, 35.5 inches. 68 degree lie angle. I forget the headweight as I am just using the specs from my last one. Some custom engraving and melted bumpers and a single sight dot with dual alignment lines in the flange. Will post some pictures when I am able to (photobucket is currently blocked at work)

Putter Model: Fin LH with Copper Insert
Material: 303 Stainless
Melted Bumpers: Yes
Copper Insert: Yes
Finish: Coastal Fog
Weight: 340 Grams
Handed: Left
Length: 35-1/2"
Lie: 68*
Loft: 3*
Offset: Full Shaft
Shaft: Chrome Single Bend
Toe Hang: 3:00 – 4:00
Alignment Aid: Top Dot with Two Cavity Lines
Bumper Engraving: Left= DEV / Right = RICKUS
Sole Engraving: Custom DV on heel (Email rendering for approval)
Paint Fill: Red-White-Red-White alternating colors on bumpers / Red = DV Sole Engraving, Top Dot, Fin Icons and Tide on the sole / White = Cavity Lines, Low Tide in Cavity and Low on sole

The Logo that I am going to have engraved on the sole:

DRAvatar_zps9atognlq.png

Putter Model: Fin LH with Copper Insert
Material: 303 Stainless
Melted Bumpers: Yes
Copper Insert: Yes
Finish: Coastal Fog
Weight: 340 Grams
Handed: Left
Length: 35-1/2"
Lie: 68*
Loft: 3*
Offset: Full Shaft
Shaft: Chrome Single Bend
Toe Hang: 3:00 – 4:00
Alignment Aid: Top Dot with Two Cavity Lines
Bumper Engraving: Left= DEV / Right = RICKUS
Sole Engraving: Custom DV on heel (Email rendering for approval)
Paint Fill: Red-White-Red-White alternating colors on bumpers / Red = DV Sole Engraving, Top Dot, Fin Icons and Tide on the sole / White = Cavity Lines, Low Tide in Cavity and Low on sole

The Logo that I am going to have engraved on the sole:

DRAvatar_zps9atognlq.png

it's going to look sick!

it's going to look sick!
Made a slight change in talking with Josh from Low Tide. Going to put the logo on the sole on both sides of the Low Tide logo alternating which way it is facing. One will be red and the other white and the low tide logo will not be paint filled.

In talking about engraving on the sole and what I wanted to do with Josh at Low Tide again, he mentioned doing something a little different. Once he sent me the picture it was a wrap. So here is what the bottom will look like. Obviously not the Raiders logo but the logo I created.

d622d316391afb95c24a9e5f1be6ffad.jpg

5689db82f2ae20511e847dc83bd970be.jpg

So does the logo wrap onto the face of the putter or just bleed into the edge? Great logo, btw!

So does the logo wrap onto the face of the putter or just bleed into the edge? Great logo, btw!
It bleeds over the edge of the face of the putter. The face is Milled with a copper insert. Thanks!

I'd leave the logo on either side of the low tide logo. If it can't been seen, the balance of two logos would be cool.

I'd leave the logo on either side of the low tide logo. If it can't been seen, the balance of two logos would be cool.
The problem is, because of the size of the Low Tide logo, the logo will be really small on either side of it. Like about an inch or so.

The problem is, because of the size of the Low Tide logo, the logo will be really small on either side of it. Like about an inch or so.

Can you get it done without the Low Tide puter? Its 100% custom, so I would assume you could.

Can you get it done without the Low Tide puter? Its 100% custom, so I would assume you could.
That would be like asking Odyssey or Scotty to not put their logo on a putter. :) They can shrink it a little but not really an option.

Also, I can do the logo on the bottom straight instead of having it rotated but I kind of like that look.

That would be like asking Odyssey or Scotty to not put their logo on a putter. :) They can shrink it a little but not really an option.

I guess. I would assumed when you were paying for custom, they start blank. No biggie, just was curious. Glad you like it.

I guess. I would assumed when you were paying for custom, they start blank. No biggie, just was curious. Glad you like it.
As far as I know when you pay for a custom betti or other custom putters, the logo has to be on there. Just different ways of working it in to the putter I guess.

Well, I like the logo you have. It'll be a one a kind

Well, I like the logo you have. It'll be a one a kind
Thanks Freddie. I appreciate the input. Definitely looking for people's opinions because I like the process.

This makes me want a Low Tide so bad.

Ricky, did you get fit for a putter somewhere? The thing about going custom is I'd want to know it's all the right setup for me.

Back