My new J38 Driver

clb5335

Reaction score
Handicap
Just received my new (to me) Bridgestone J38 driver with Fujikura Motore F1 65 s shaft. I think I am in love. My old driver was a Macgregor v-foil eye-o-matic M38 that came as a package deal with the bag I bought off craigslist for $45. Needless to say, this is a huge upgrade for me. I haven't quite been to the course yet but after a couple range sessions, it looks like my mis-hits now go about as far as my old clean hits. And my clean hits, I think have added a good 30 yds.

Nice purchase! I hope you enjoy it and bomb it straight!

Sounds great man, its awesome getting new sticks. I have very few clean hits, most of mine are dirty.

Congrats on the new driver! I bet that added distance is a big confidence booster and that is always a good thing

Puttin,
your thread was actually a good part of the reason that I risked my dollars and bought it without giving it a trial run. I had tried a few other drivers I liked but, being a bridgestone fan, I couldn't help but give it a try even though I couldn't find one locally to demo. I'm glad I did. So far, my launch seems a little lower than ideal, but I've only been out to the range once and that typically isn't a great indicator of my future performance. I have two scrambles this weekend so I should be able to get a real feel for it by monday.

Jake really knows what he's doing when it comes to testing and reviews.
Glad you like the J38 !

Congrats J38 is a nice driver.

After hitting the club for two days straight, I like it a lot. I have definitely picked up at least 20 yds on my straight drives. The only bad news is that my typical fade deteriorated through saturday to peak in an almost uncontrollable slice. It took all of saturday and about eight holes on sunday to cure the issue. It required me to throttle back the power and rework my swing on the course (at least that is what it felt like). I'm probably not going to hit anymore this week due to a sore neck (probably going to go to the doctor about it, first time there in at least six years) But I am looking forward to adding power back to the swing and seeing how it goes when I'm hitting straight. Oh, and the saturday scramble our team placed second with a 60. Thanks to a ringer and 18ft of string on Sunday, a 53 good enough for first place!

Good to bear you like it so far. I hope when you get back out there you're killing them straight!

Congrats on the new driver.

Congrats on the new driver! Looking for a new one myself, so definitely looking forward to your thoughts. Also be browsing P4B's thread

I really loved the feel off of this driver. It felt really meaty at contact. Which seemed like a confidence booster for me. I hope you get the swing going, because it should be fun once you do.

After a couple of weeks of use, i definitely like this driver. I started to question the benefit I was getting over my old driver, so I pulled out the old one for a couple of swings at the range. And they went terribly. Not every shot from the J38 is perfect, however, all but my worst swings result in an at least mediocre and playable drive. The old driver was much less forgiving and I spent a lot more time searching the trees close to the tee box for my ball.

The J38 makes an absolutely glorious sound to reward the truly good swings and a somewhat less satisfying noise for the off center hits. I kind of appreciate that because it encourages you to strive for a perfect swing, and not settle for moderate results.

Glad you like the new driver clb! Hope you don't have too many more of those bad slices

^^^^^^ I Tapped That ^^^^^^

Back