Never Compromise Connoisseur Putters

I love this putter. The Robusto is like a work of art. The ball has a nice audible sound at impact and comes off the putter well. It is truly as solid as anything on the market. And did I mention how good looking it is?

What are your thoughts about the lack of an alignment aid? is it possible to have NC put a dot/line on it? Thanks.

What are your thoughts about the lack of an alignment aid? is it possible to have NC put a dot/line on it? Thanks.

I think after you hit about 5 putts with it, you wont even notice.

HAHA...that's what I wanted to here, on an impulse I purchased one from the THP marketplace last week. Hopefully I get it soon and can put it into service. I'm totally over my Odyssey Two Ball :banghead:

HAHA...that's what I wanted to here, on an impulse I purchased one from the THP marketplace last week. Hopefully I get it soon and can put it into service. I'm totally over my Odyssey Two Ball :banghead:

Just got the Robusto in the mail. What a beauty....just rolled a few balls across the living room and the sound it makes compared to the insert off the rack putters I've had in the past is completely different. Really looking forward to taking this to the range mañana.

I spent a good hour working with this putter this morning. I've really been struggling with a lack of alignment system on my putter. I've never been one to draw a line on my ball and use that but I think I have to in order to be successful with this putter. I just need something there. I also am working on keeping my elbows a little closer to my body. That seems to be helping keeping that putter head on my intended line.

So I played 18 yesterday and had 32 putts. Not great, but not terrible either. No 3 putts all day, burned a bunch of edges, and only had 14 putts on the back nine. I feel like I am getting dialed in with this putter and I just love the feel off of the face.

32 putts is a nice round my friend. Keep it up and strive for under 30. You're almost there.

32 putts is a nice round my friend. Keep it up and strive for under 30. You're almost there.

I feel like 30 is my magic number if I am hitting GIRs. If I am missing greens I should be able to chip close enough for a 1 putt.

30 is a good number to strive for. Right now I am just trying to get in with no more that 2 putts per hole. I almost did that yesterday with only one 3 putt. Short game is the key like everyone says. Of course when the rest of your game is in the crapper it is easy to say that also...LOL

So I played 18 yesterday and had 32 putts. Not great, but not terrible either. No 3 putts all day, burned a bunch of edges, and only had 14 putts on the back nine. I feel like I am getting dialed in with this putter and I just love the feel off of the face.

this is great news for Team Hackers.

You putted well yesterday. The greens were really though judging speed with all the rain the night before, plus they have so many subtle breaks that are diffcult to read ever seen they redid the greens.

You putted well yesterday. The greens were really though judging speed with all the rain the night before, plus they have so many subtle breaks that are diffcult to read ever seen they redid the greens.

Yeah, it took me a while too get used to the speed out there. I really enjoyed the round buddy. We will have to do it again soon.

TC, would it be possible to have the alignment dot extended along it's line across the top profile of the putter? It would be a simple machine shop task to do that if it would help you with your alignment.

FYI google image search Connoisseur Portofino and you'll get a kick out of the results.

TC, would it be possible to have the alignment dot extended along it's line across the top profile of the putter? It would be a simple machine shop task to do that if it would help you with your alignment.

FYI google image search Connoisseur Portofino and you'll get a kick out of the results.

Yessss! TC making an appearence and a Liar Liar Vest on Fire billboard!

LOL, that's funny stuff. I don't think there's anything I can do about the site line, just learn to deal with it.

Noticed during two rounds last week that I was getting a little glare right where the site lines are on the perfecto. Strange that I haven't noticed this before but I was playing a little earlier in the day than normal. The glare was actually quite bright so I had to back off the putt and reset. I'll keep an eye on this but like I said, I've never noticed this before.

I spent a good hour working with this putter this morning. I've really been struggling with a lack of alignment system on my putter. I've never been one to draw a line on my ball and use that but I think I have to in order to be successful with this putter. I just need something there. I also am working on keeping my elbows a little closer to my body. That seems to be helping keeping that putter head on my intended line.

Spent about an hour with the Robusto on the putting green just to get a sense of it; still not gonna put it in the bag for the course. But it really is much much more responsive to me than the 2 ball I had been playing, and the sound it makes when well struck is great.

I agree I do think an alignment aid of some sort would help...but I need to get more acquainted with this club to really say it is a must have.

But it does make me want to try a Scotty Cameron Del Mar now...

I probably sound like a broken record at this point but it is a record that I like. Being truthful in saying that most things in my bag at one time or another absolutely frustrate the heck out of me, except one. The Perfecto putter has been rock solid since the first time I rolled it. It has never let me down, never caused me to doubt my selection, and never left me wanting more. I've always thought putting was a weak point in my game, well less weak than other things...

I'm a much better putter with the Perfecto than I have ever been before. In the past I've never had much confidence while standing over a downhill right to left putt, today I had two of them, both to save par. Rolled in both, dead center. With this putter I'm not simply trying to get it close, I'm trying to make everything from everywhere.

Great feel, pure roll, and an elegant design. Simply perfection.

Good stuff Yorkem, sounds like it's coming around for you.

I probably sound like a broken record at this point but it is a record that I like. Being truthful in saying that most things in my bag at one time or another absolutely frustrate the heck out of me, except one. The Perfecto putter has been rock solid since the first time I rolled it. It has never let me down, never caused me to doubt my selection, and never left me wanting more. I've always thought putting was a weak point in my game, well less weak than other things...

I'm a much better putter with the Perfecto than I have ever been before. In the past I've never had much confidence while standing over a downhill right to left putt, today I had two of them, both to save par. Rolled in both, dead center. With this putter I'm not simply trying to get it close, I'm trying to make everything from everywhere.

Great feel, pure roll, and an elegant design. Simply perfection.
Great post SW. Thrilled to hear it's working so well for my partner!

Regarding the glare, I hate when the sun hits the club just right.

Good stuff Yorkem, sounds like it's coming around for you.

It definitely is buddy, and I was really concerned after my first round, but I am getting locked in quickly.

I know what you're thinking, oh here comes SW with another putter update, well you are correct. When you have a flatstick like this it is hard not to share how much you enjoy it. Another round in today and the Perfecto continues to impress me.

Overnight we got slammed with a heavy rainstorm but the greens today were still pretty slick and deceptive at that. Played at a new course today and once I got the pace and breaks figured out on the practice green the putter was en fuego!

It is no secret I struggle with alignment throughout the bag but it can kill me on the green. Since getting this putter I've noticed much better results which I attribute to the dual site lines and how the mid-mallet head frames the ball. Cameras aren't the only thing that comes equipped with point and shoot boys. Couple that with a milled face that produces a fantastic roll and you have a putter capable of going low.

I've been in a groove like never before with the Perfecto lately but that came crashing down today. Played the TPC in Naples and the greens just threw me for a loop, they have a weird poppsulum (yeah I spelled that all wrong) blend on their greens and I couldn't adjust to it to save my life.

Actual putter wise though I was very happy despite my number of putts. Even though I wasn't holing a lot I was all over the cup and my confidence in the putter never faltered. It really was just a case of me not knowing how to putt those greens. I can rest assured that with any other putter I have ever owned I would have seriously contemplated a putter change after today, yet I have such a good feel for this one that that thought never entered my mind.

There were a few times today that I caught it off center and I didn't notice any twisting of the face in my hands. That showed me how well balanced this model is since I've not played a putter of a similar style which gave me that kind of feedback.

I've been in a groove like never before with the Perfecto lately but that came crashing down today. Played the TPC in Naples and the greens just threw me for a loop, they have a weird poppsulum (yeah I spelled that all wrong) blend on their greens and I couldn't adjust to it to save my life.

Actual putter wise though I was very happy despite my number of putts. Even though I wasn't holing a lot I was all over the cup and my confidence in the putter never faltered. It really was just a case of me not knowing how to putt those greens. I can rest assured that with any other putter I have ever owned I would have seriously contemplated a putter change after today, yet I have such a good feel for this one that that thought never entered my mind.

There were a few times today that I caught it off center and I didn't notice any twisting of the face in my hands. That showed me how well balanced this model is since I've not played a putter of a similar style which gave me that kind of feedback.

Don't let it throw you Danny. Like you said, you were all over the cup. Some days they just don't fall.

It has been a little while since I updated here, I apologize about that. My putting stats have honestly sucked lately but it has nothing to do with the putter but the operator. Hitting my lines just picking the wrong lines, haha.

Something I'm happy about especially is how great the perfecto still looks. I was a little worried about the chrome sole getting scratched up and the paintfill on the sole not holding up. I've never had a putter which has paintfill on the bottom so I was a little unknowledgeable about that aspect. I am impressed with how well the looks are holding up, it still looks as good as it did when I opened the box.

It has been a little while since I updated here, I apologize about that. My putting stats have honestly sucked lately but it has nothing to do with the putter but the operator. Hitting my lines just picking the wrong lines, haha.

Something I'm happy about especially is how great the perfecto still looks. I was a little worried about the chrome sole getting scratched up and the paintfill on the sole not holding up. I've never had a putter which has paintfill on the bottom so I was a little unknowledgeable about that aspect. I am impressed with how well the looks are holding up, it still looks as good as it did when I opened the box.
I think you are selling yourself short. I've never seen you putt better than what you have been with this putter. Good stuff, buddy.

Back