New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

Define, 'destroy'.
De-stroy

A verb that in this context means a great golfer hitting a 2 or 3 iron higher and longer than a really good drive of a human golfer. Watching someone hit a ball so hard with an iron that you can’t imagine the ball will still be round when he hits his next shot.

Used in a sentence: “Holy crap; Canadan just destroyed the ball on that short par 4 and hit the ball on the green with a freaking iron!”

Last edited:
I am thinking I am probably going 4 hybrid now and buying a new utility iron the second it goes on sale.

I think you hitting a 3 iron would be glorious to watch and you hitting a hybrid would be a yawn with fantastic results. When I watch a great player hit a hybrid well, it doesn’t make me shake in my boots because it looks easy. But when I see someone pull out a 2 or 3 iron and destroy it, that is a “holy he**” moment.
I think I'm sold. The idea of ripping bombs with a 3 iron does sound like a ton of fun.

Hit the 2 or 3 iron higher and longer than a really good drive of a human golfer.

Sh*t. I might be short of qualifying then. How freaking long is Dan?

Sh*t. I might be short of qualifying then. How freaking long is Dan?
I will be taking pictures in May for my scrapbook and sharing with the forum. Watching him hit the forged tec 6 iron on the Live Video from Club Champion had me wondering what he would do with a 3 iron. I might be wrong, but I imagine he can hit 240-250 with a 3 iron in Utah. That is a good drive for me.

what's a long 3 iron?

Leaning on it, around 235-240. With a forged tec, I don't know. I only took two swings with one and I regret that bit of knowledge every day I don't own a set.

scrapbooking is adorable awesome @oumagic

Now that we know the options I got to hit the 3 of these to compare with the same shaft. The Forged Tec are long!!! Goes without saying but the FT were definitely the most forgiving and kept ball speed up more consistently

I have a week to figure it out but I could play any of the 3. I’m leaning towards the CB’s. These were hit with the $-taper 130x. I would order mine with C-Taper Lite 115x

Forged Tec wanted to go left on me the most. CB’s were very good but i had one bad pull that threw off dispersion. MB’s look gorgeous behind the ball but had some come up 10+ yards short

a588daebe31a424ed99c869960434894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that we know the options I got to hit the 3 of these to compare with the same shaft. The Forged Tec are long!!! Goes without saying but the FT were definitely the most forgiving and kept ball speed up more consistently

I have a week to figure it out but I could play any of the 3. I’m leaning towards the CB’s. These were hit with the $-taper 130x. I would order mine with C-Taper Lite 115x

Forged Tec wanted to go left on me the most. CB’s were very good but i had one bad pull that threw off dispersion. MB’s look gorgeous behind the ball but had some come up 10+ yards short

a588daebe31a424ed99c869960434894.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s not really a discussion imo.

It’s not really a discussion imo.

I dont think so either... Talked to Jose yesterday and he brought up a pretty good point. He mentioned to drop the 4 iron and go 5 - G most likely. Then id have to figure out wedge set up with G at 49*

I dont think so either... Talked to Jose yesterday and he brought up a pretty good point. He mentioned to drop the 4 iron and go 5 - G most likely. Then id have to figure out wedge set up with G at 49*
54/60, done.

I’m putting these in the bag this season and adding the GW in for a legit shot, might as well since I already have it. Will play 54/61 off of them.

should I go GW?

My own experience is that the set gap wedges often do not work very well for me. They launch so high with my swing flaw of adding dynamic loft that they don’t carry like they should. However, This gw has been different and works extremely well for me. just a thought...

I can't do two 4 irons. That's pure lunacy.

If the UT was available, I'd probably do the same thing I did last year. UT, 4i SZ.
Go full Arod and put 4 4-irons in your bag! ?

Yeah, that's the thought.
That's a solid setup for sure. As for set GW or specialized it depends on how you use your GW. If mostly full swings then I would go with the set GW

an entire bag of King Forged Tec lmao

3-G
If the Cobra wedges were actually made with lofts less than 50, I'd say go that way, but, its the same conundrum I'm battling. GW at 49 would flow well.

4- GP with 2 MIM wedges and a 2 Hybrid sounds like a winner!

Back