New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

How do you get the deal at budget golf? I im'd him and he never responded.

How do you get the deal at budget golf? I im'd him and he never responded.

It can take a bit for response at times.
Lot going on with product launches and sometimes it takes us a bit to notify him if he missed one when we are giving away prizes and trips, etc.
He does get to every last one of them though.

It can take a bit for response at times.
Lot going on with product launches and sometimes it takes us a bit to notify him if he missed one when we are giving away prizes and trips, etc.
He does get to every last one of them though.
He really does, Ryan is awesome.

I'm cheap and always buy preowned/previous year irons and rock them for 3+ years. While I just got a new set from the event, these will be ordered next week. They make me truly enjoy golf more than ever!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

R u sticking with the amt black shafts when u order them? Were u playing px 6.0’s in your Srixon’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R u sticking with the amt black shafts when u order them? Were u playing px 6.0’s in your Srixon’s?

Going to get the blacks. I have elevates in the set I just got so may do some swapping. I play the flighted 95 6.0

I am so tempted by the One Length version of these. I need to (try to) wait to get a full fit before pulling the trigger though.

Going to get the blacks. I have elevates in the set I just got so may do some swapping. I play the flighted 95 6.0

Currently playing the amt whites so really curious as to how much different the blacks r. I really want the black pvd shafts because I think they look unreal

Currently playing the amt whites so really curious as to how much different the blacks r. I really want the black pvd shafts because I think they look unreal

So, you figured out which irons you are going to get? These Forged Tec are looking awesome!

So, you figured out which irons you are going to get? These Forged Tec are looking awesome!

Not entirely, it will come down to these or the HMB’s. Hoping to hit both this afternoon.

Not entirely, it will come down to these or the HMB’s. Hoping to hit both this afternoon.

Look forward to hearing how it goes. Good luck!

I'm cheap and always buy preowned/previous year irons and rock them for 3+ years. While I just got a new set from the event, these will be ordered next week. They make me truly enjoy golf more than ever!

You were hitting them really well. Great choice for sure.

They were the AMT BLACK S300. I haven't had a good night sleep yet since seeing these get picked before me! I miss my babies sssoooo mmmuuucccchhhh.

You hit these so well dude. Seemed like a great match.

They'd be fantastic irons

FIFY

I wanted to like these so much, but I didn't hit them very well except for the 4i off the tee. With that said, I always have a problem with the hollow body irons. I know they are long and forgiving so I try to go after them for some reason and my swing gets all crazy. It makes no sense.

Still drunk on that cocktail? :LOL:

Hoping to see and hit them this afternoon, if all goes good I am pretty sure I will put in an order with budget golf if I can figure out how to customize on their site & still get the awesome discount

I did mine over the phone after first messaging Ryan, as suggested by @Jman, above.

Reactions: MH
I was back up on the launch monitor with the stock 7 iron at my local retailer during lunch. I was seeing some ball speed that truly surprised me. As high as 124 ball speed with a 7 iron is beyond what I am used to seeing, other than with the Epic Forged irons. I was seeing consistent launch of a little over 20 degrees, spin in the mid 5000 range and descent of about 47. I can’t remember being this excited about a set of irons for a long time.

I was back up on the launch monitor with the stock 7 iron at my local retailer during lunch. I was seeing some ball speed that truly surprised me. As high as 124 ball speed with a 7 iron is beyond what I am used to seeing, other than with the Epic Forged irons. I was seeing consistent launch of a little over 20 degrees, spin in the mid 5000 range and descent of about 47. I can’t remember being this excited about a set of irons for a long time.
These seem very hot! I am quite happy with my Mizuno MP20 HMBs but that extra ball speed is enticing!

These seem very hot! I am quite happy with my Mizuno MP20 HMBs but that extra ball speed is enticing!

Honestly, I have hit the HMBs. They feel great. The look awesome. The numbers with the Forged Tecs are just better, but in fairness, I realize the HMBs were designed to blend into other MP 20 sets, so the lofting is completely different.

One thing I would throw out to those interested is to not dismiss the stock $ Taper Lite shafts that come stock. I went custom, because I wanted to go back to SteelFibers, which I have had so much success using, but I have had two good sessions with a stock 7 iron, $ Taper Lite stiff, and it just feels awesome.

Honestly, I have hit the HMBs. They feel great. The look awesome. The numbers with the Forged Tecs are just better, but in fairness, I realize the HMBs were designed to blend into other MP 20 sets, so the lofting is completely different.
I agree about the HMBs. I was seeing about 3-4mph more ball speed from the Apex 19s over the HMBs. I assume these will be similar.

I should have known better, these didn’t show up at the local shop yet. Hoping next week but may have already ordered by then

One thing I would throw out to those interested is to not dismiss the stock $ Taper Lite shafts that come stock. I went custom, because I wanted to go back to SteelFibers, which I have had so much success using, but I have had two good sessions with a stock 7 iron, $ Taper Lite stiff, and it just feels awesome.
I have $-Taper (not the lite though) in my Forged Tec Blacks and I really like them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5-GW, AMT Black PVD in X100, +1/4”, 2 up, with GP Tour Velvets.

:devilish:

Just got my notification that my seven iron shipped, I’m dipping my toes in on these and the t-rails to see which I’ll be going with for next season. All of my testing will be done on my SkyTrak unless we get some good weather so it will be more feel based although the numbers should be good to compare. I’m pretty fired up to try these both.

I like the sound of that.
In the end, the allure of the set GW is calling me again. Plus, I don’t need to carry a 4i when I have 2 5i’s haha

Back