New Cobra KING Forged TEC Irons

I have a set of the Forged TEC Black irons, didnt like them at first, but they have grown on me, these new would have to be good as the ones i have are really good.

That utility is a thing of beauty. F9 4i is in danger

Hit the Forged Tec yesterday. Hard for me to really decide b/c the shaft selection at PGA store is horrible. Not 1 single x flex shaft. Hit the closest shafts I could find weight wise
Forged Tec w/ $-Taper S 120. Spin was between 3800 - 4500 with a 7 iron carrying 186. Ball speed was on avg 2mph faster than the Cobra CB and MB they had there
Cobra CB w/ C-Taper S 120. Spin was between 5500 - 6100 carrying 175. C-taper actually gave me highest launch
Cobra MB w/ KBS Tour FLT S 120. Spin between 5800 - 6400 carrying 175. FLT shaft gave me lower launch than C-taper so both went the same distance.

It was mentioned yesterday possibly weakening lofts on the Forged Tec to get better spin. None of it is an apples to apples comparison bc different lofts and shafts but the Tec were the least accurate for me by far. With the new Club Champion rewards program I have a free full bag fitting due to my last purchase. Since my entire bag is brand new as of last month I think ill use the free fitting for my Cobra clubs coming up with whatever stock options they offer

credit to @Jman for the early spot but I needed the bigger pictures hahaha (also BryanGolf is an awesome dude);

Holy want.

BG is cool as hell.

And I need to know more about this beast.

Hit the Forged Tec yesterday. Hard for me to really decide b/c the shaft selection at PGA store is horrible. Not 1 single x flex shaft. Hit the closest shafts I could find weight wise
Forged Tec w/ $-Taper S 120. Spin was between 3800 - 4500 with a 7 iron carrying 186. Ball speed was on avg 2mph faster than the Cobra CB and MB they had there
Cobra CB w/ C-Taper S 120. Spin was between 5500 - 6100 carrying 175. C-taper actually gave me highest launch
Cobra MB w/ KBS Tour FLT S 120. Spin between 5800 - 6400 carrying 175. FLT shaft gave me lower launch than C-taper so both went the same distance.

It was mentioned yesterday possibly weakening lofts on the Forged Tec to get better spin. None of it is an apples to apples comparison bc different lofts and shafts but the Tec were the least accurate for me by far. With the new Club Champion rewards program I have a free full bag fitting due to my last purchase. Since my entire bag is brand new as of last month I think ill use the free fitting for my Cobra clubs coming up with whatever stock options they offer

What were peak height and descent angle? That matters more in modern sets than spin, imo.

What were peak height and descent angle? That matters more in modern sets than spin, imo.
I didnt look. Im going to try the new Golf Galaxy by me today and see if they have more options and ill look at numbers more in depth... I was in a hurry to hit the drivers so didnt dive too deep in to the numbers

I don’t understand this post. Is it about the sound?

It’s one of the best sounding hollow body blade profiles out there.
It’s this and the HMB, imo. No click in my experiences

credit to @Jman for the early spot but I needed the bigger pictures hahaha (also BryanGolf is an awesome dude);

Holy want.

It sure looks great. I am puzzled as to why a company would have something new at the show, but not announce it. Why let some third party control the dialogue on your equipment?

I read every post in this thread. When I get fitted in February, my first ones to try are these in one length. I half-heartedly tried getting fitted for one length before and didn’t have good numbers, but I think it is time to give it another look.

I have hit them with the Epic Forged shafted with Catalyst 100 6.0s and the Forged Tecs shafted with SteelFiber 95 stiffs, not apples to apples, but both low launch, low spin graphite-type shafts in a similar weight class. The Epic Forged are more compact heel to toe, but show more junk in the trunk from 7 iron and longer. However, they probably look more like a player's profile from the 8 iron down. They both feel great. The Cobras spin better and give me better dispersion. The Callaways are longer, but, surprisingly to me, having hit both on TrackMan, the Cobras are nipping at their heels. Honestly, I think both are comparable forgiveness-wise. If I needed to eek out every yard of distance, I would likely choose the Callaways. At the respective price points, it would be Cobra all day long. I truly think neither one would be better than the other in reducing my handicap.
Thanks that is the kind of stuff I was interested in.

It sure looks great. I am puzzled as to why a company would have something new at the show, but not announce it. Why let some third party control the dialogue on your equipment?
I actually kind of like it, for some product. Sneak it out there almost like it's Easter and see what the reaction is like haha

I actually kind of like it, for some product. Sneak it out there almost like it's Easter and see what the reaction is like haha
Same, get some surprise reactions and more attention.

New irons coming from Cobra Golf and we have the full details on the home page here.

Owned the Cobra Forged irons with orange cavity, plus a few other sets and really liked the black Forged tec. That said I was very interested in the great looking new Forged Tec irons but let down with them in the feel department and overall balance. Worth another look see but palled to my Apex 19s.

Still one of my favorite photo's I've ever taken.

index.php

Still one of my favorite photo's I've ever taken.

index.php

Man I’m pretty sure those should be in a box with a miami address on the shipping label!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I’m pretty sure those should be in a box with a miami address on the shipping label!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahaha, they're in a box waiting on me to put new shafts in them this weekend! HA!

Owned the Cobra Forged irons with orange cavity, plus a few other sets and really liked the black Forged tec. That said I was very interested in the great looking new Forged Tec irons but let down with them in the feel department and overall balance. Worth another look see but palled to my Apex 19s.

I have run the Apex 19s through the TrackMan, from AW to 6 iron (it was actually the combo set). They are awesome irons. I would agree that they feel better than the Forged Tecs, but the numbers for me with the Forged Tecs are significantly better through the set.

Back